“What more can you want?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Horse On-The-Lake Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Red Horse On-The-Lake Motel
Ranked #51 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Arlington, Texas
“What more can you want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Real nice, great sunsets, close to beaches, Cape May, Wildwood boardwalk, etc. Nice pool, grills to use, lounging deck and great owners on location!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ron H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Clean 3-star overlooking Sunset Lake. Really friendly atmosphere frequented by dog lovers (mostly). Family owned with a great quiet location in the Crest. Sit on the deck overlooking the lake at sunset with a cocktail and your pooch at your side; life is good in the Wildwoods! Some reviews have complained about loud music being played by the hotel . It's not loud and it gets turned off about 8:00. I suspect these people detest the "oldies" - makes my day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank fubijar
Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Nice, quiet location. Adorable hotel, family friendly, clean rooms. The owners are very nice and extremely accomodating. We will definitely be back. Loved this place.!!!! -Judi Kukula

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank judi K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

This is A wonderful little inn right on Sunset Lake. We've been coming here every year for the last few years and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! This place is definitely a throw back to the "good old days" of Wildwood! It is the epitome of charm and relaxation at its best. One of the highlights of staying here is the wonderful. 50's music! Boy, does it add to the ambience and certainly brings you back to the good old days which is what going to Wildwood is all about ! So, Kay and Art, please do us a favor and please never stop the great music (which by the way is never loud). It adds to the charm and makes for a really enjoyable time !

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Mypreciouspup
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Perhaps the rooms were re-done; certainly looks so. Previous reviews noted shabby conditions but the rrom was updated and very clean. All new tile, no pet odors. Great spot, wonderful owners and a great view. Loved it. Stayed for 7 nights.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JoeBurkle
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband, our precious dog and I have stayed at the Red Horse Motel every year for the past 4 years and have loved every minute of it! There is no place we would rather stay not to mention our doggie loves it there too! Every minute of time spent there is truly the epitomy of a peaceful, relaxing vacation.

Upon leaving every year I book for the next year and sometimes 2 years in advance as well as many others who also stay there. My husband and I feel more at home at the Red Horse than any other place we've stayed. The rooms are great and the apartments are expecially warm, charming and spacious! The location is wonderful right across from Sunset Lake which is so peacful and tranquil and a wonderful place to take your dog. The owners and staff are fabulous. Kay and Art are wonderful people who are so very accomodating! The great thing about the Red Horse is that almost everyone who stays there are people who come back every year - anywhere from a couple of years to 15-30 years. That says volumes about a place and the people who run it! Those who may pass through breifly with high or snobby expectations (like the previous reviewer) should go elsewhere and find a place that suits your needs for you are an extreme minority. Kay and her staff keep an extremely clean, pet friendly, quiet, wonderful little inn. People with high expectations just can't appreciate a place that is so quaint and loaded with charm that really brings you back to the old days of Wildwood at its best!

Almost everyone we encounter when we stay there except for the occasional one or two nighters (people that pass through) have been comig for years and wouldn't stay anywhere else! Trust me you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank jgirl61
Malvern, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

We needed a place to stay with our dog in the Crest because there was a already a crowd staying at my parents' place for the 4th of July weekend. So we booked a room at the Red Horse which is right down the road.

I was realistic when we booked and wasn't expecting the Four Seasons - or even a Marriott - but this was beyond terrible. Thank god I thought ahead to bring my own sheets and towels, because the stuff in the room looked like it was someone's old, used linens. The bathroom was fairly clean, but overall, the room and everything in it was just dark, dank and dingy. Thank goodness I also brought a bed for my dog, because I would have felt bad even making her sleep on the floor.

The worst part was that the owners of the hotel (who live in a house attached to the property) must sit in their house and chain smoke all day because I almost choked when I walked into the office to check in (the office opens into their living room) it reeked of old, stinky, stale smoke. Even better, our room (Room #1) was adjacent to their living space which meant that their smoke came drifting under the door into our 8 x 10 closet of a room.

Last, the bed was smack in the middle of the tiny room with less than foot of clearance between the end of the bed and the wall (this being the only thru way from one side of the room to the other), making it necessary to climb over the bed to get anywhere. My husband literally had to climb over me to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Again - I wasn't looking for a 5 star hotel, but this was beyond gross and depressing. We lasted one night and then couldn't take it anymore and left. What a waste of nearly $500 - but we were so happy to escape that we didn't even attempt a refund.

I wish I would've taken some picture to post because you have to see how bad it is to believe it. We were in such a hurry to leave that I didn't even want to spend another minute in that room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
#53 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Island Breeze Motel
Island Breeze Motel
#30 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Red Horse On-The-Lake Motel? Share your experiences!