“Worth your while....”
Review of Sea Chest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Chest Motel
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Collingswood, New Jersey, United States
“Worth your while....”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just returned from a short visit to the beach and I am very glad to have found the Sea Chest Motel. I have stayed at other hotels in Wildwood and Ocean City and I will make the Sea Chest my first choice when I want a beach get away. If you are looking for luxury this isn't it, but it is very clean and it's in a great location. The rooms was not large, but the bed and pillows were comfy with crisp white linens. I loved the 1940's green and yellow tile bathroom others may see it as old fashioned. When I'm at the beach I am there for the sun, sand and ocean; not spending time in the room. The owner John was very sweet and personally keeps the place in tip top shape. It's a great value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Denise L

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Sea Chest a few times. John, the owner, is always welcoming on our arrival. He and his staff/family keep the place very clean, even with the beach sand from our flip flops and constant client turnover of clients.
You could spend more money elsewhere, but the Sea Chest is close to the beach, clean and fun.
Why spend more?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim E
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I've been coming to the Sea Chest for as long as I can remember and have so many memories coming here as a kid up until today. Great location close to the beach, friendly staff, and clean rooms. Definitely recommended! Check it out next time you're down in Wildwood Crest.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Simpleasthat324
Linden, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We've been coming here for years! This is a family friendly motel. The rooms are reasonably priced & clean. The owners are very friendly and accommodating to any requests made. The motel is 1 block from the beach so you can't beat the location! If you enjoy the feel of a small & intimate motel, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The owner John was very friendly and attentive during our stay. Clean rooms(& bathroom), great beds, Wifi, full size fridge & freezer, even a microwave in my room! I'll certainly be coming back! The pool was also nice & clean, there are great full size gas grills by the pool, I mean we ended up chilling mostly on our balcony. They had nice picnic tables with umbrellas and comfortable lounge chairs to sun in. Plenty of ice too!!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I recently vacationed in South New Jersey and brought my family to the Sea Chest Motel in the (dry) town of Wildwood Crest. The family-owned business with small style apartment-type rooms gives you a welcoming feeling from arrival through your exodus. They made me feel very welcomed and I even picked up a few words of Polish during my family's vacation. I will definitely be staying there again in the future, possibly again at the end of this year's summer season. Here's hoping each return visit is as enjoyable as the first!

• Stayed April 2013
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just returned from 3 nights at the Sea Chest Motel in Wild wood Crest, NJ. The hotel is whistle clean and the staff is extremely accommodating. The management kept the pool open later so the kids could swim when we returned from the beach. There are 3 grills and picnic tables to accommodate feeding the kids. There are refrigerator/freezers in every room. The price is very good for what you get. The trolly picks you up right at the corner and takes you to the boardwalk so there is no need to drive down and pay to park. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family