“New Hotel Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Chest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Chest Motel
Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“New Hotel Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was the only one available for a last minute trip to the crest for an August weekend. What a great find! We booked a second trip there when we checked out. Great pool, lounge chairs, sun deck. Rooms were clean with hardwood floors (motel carpet skeeves me). Room was a great value. I felt comfortable, clean, and relaxed here which I don't feel often in shore motels. The owners were friendly. I'm very happy with my experience at the Sea Chest.

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was impressed with both the low price and how clean it was. Its a short walk to the beach and the Sunset Lake Area. This hotel is an older design that has been throughly maintained. If your looking for more modern design and larger accomadiations then you should look elsewhere, but if your here for the sun and surf at one of the least expensive rates on the Island, than this is your spot. I have stayed at other places on the Island where I felt I got good value for my money, but this is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write about a place because of how much of a bargain it acually is. I told my sister about The Sea Chest and she enjoyed her stay also. I look forward to another visit (hopefully!) before the end of the summer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

July 19-21, I stayed at the cozy Sea Chest Motel in Wildwood Crest. I came to meet my family who stayed there for 6 days. This is a family owned place and the owners are very lovely and very accommodating. It’s only a block away from the beach. In the evening we were able to enjoy the balcony and have conversations with new people. The rooms were very clean and the staff did a great job cleaning in between and leaving plenty of towels. The pool was refreshing after the beach and absolutely clean. Outside are 3 grills, picnic tables, comfy lounge chairs and even a ping pong table. Also, enjoyed looking at the home grown garden:) All rooms had a fridge, cool A/C, and very comfy beds. The price is good. There’s a trolley that picks you up right at the corner and takes you to the boardwalk for $2.50 each (make sure you have exact change) therefore no need to drive if you don’t want to. We will be staying there again. Thank you, Joanna

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank yohan215
Short Hills, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We love The Sea Chest!! My family has been going to The Sea Chest for about 15 years, we wouldn't stay anywhere else.
This family owned business is the cleanest most comfortable place to stay. The rooms are spotless, the pool and grounds are clean.
It's a tradition of ours to visit the Jersy Shore every summer, so this motel is like a second summer home. I recommend you visit.

Room Tip: If you have young kids, toddlers and under. Best to stay downstairs on ground level.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lydia M
Collingswood, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just returned from a short visit to the beach and I am very glad to have found the Sea Chest Motel. I have stayed at other hotels in Wildwood and Ocean City and I will make the Sea Chest my first choice when I want a beach get away. If you are looking for luxury this isn't it, but it is very clean and it's in a great location. The rooms was not large, but the bed and pillows were comfy with crisp white linens. I loved the 1940's green and yellow tile bathroom others may see it as old fashioned. When I'm at the beach I am there for the sun, sand and ocean; not spending time in the room. The owner John was very sweet and personally keeps the place in tip top shape. It's a great value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Denise L
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Sea Chest a few times. John, the owner, is always welcoming on our arrival. He and his staff/family keep the place very clean, even with the beach sand from our flip flops and constant client turnover of clients.
You could spend more money elsewhere, but the Sea Chest is close to the beach, clean and fun.
Why spend more?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim E
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I've been coming to the Sea Chest for as long as I can remember and have so many memories coming here as a kid up until today. Great location close to the beach, friendly staff, and clean rooms. Definitely recommended! Check it out next time you're down in Wildwood Crest.

• Stayed July 2013