“great location and price”
Review of Sea Chest Motel

Sea Chest Motel
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“great location and price”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This little motel is in a great location. Its very close to the clean beach, and far enough from boardwalk, crowds and attractions. (5 minutes car ride or 30 minutes walk). Its 10 to 15 minutes car ride away from beautiful Cape May and sunset beach ( for a quiet day). The place is very clean and the staff is very friendly and adaptable to guest's needs. Maybe the rooms are little outdated but who cares, when the price is right and you don't stay in your room most of the time anyway. The rooms are equipped with a fridge, microwave, stove and some pots. On the premises is a grill and some tables and a pool with a slide. So you can cook, drink and swim without going anywhere if your heart desires. Its great for kids, too. I have been there 4 times and I like it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have stayed at many of the hotels in all of the Wildwoods and this was one of the best!! This place was clean, well maintained and very affordable. The staff was very friendly and courteous and met our needs with every request. The motel is an older place but it is super clean and maintained. There are ample clean grills, a ping pong table, a large pool with ample room to sit or lay around. The location is great, you can walk to watch the beautiful sunsets on the bay, walk to the beach and hop on the trolley right at the corner to head up to the boardwalk or the bars and restaurants. You don't even need to move your car. This family run, small, intimate motel is the perfect place to go to have a comfortable and worry-free vacation or weekend getaway. I have already booked another getaway for the motel and have told all my family and friends what a great find it is. You can't beat the value, service, and experience with this place. ENJOY!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was the only one available for a last minute trip to the crest for an August weekend. What a great find! We booked a second trip there when we checked out. Great pool, lounge chairs, sun deck. Rooms were clean with hardwood floors (motel carpet skeeves me). Room was a great value. I felt comfortable, clean, and relaxed here which I don't feel often in shore motels. The owners were friendly. I'm very happy with my experience at the Sea Chest.

• Stayed August 2013
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was impressed with both the low price and how clean it was. Its a short walk to the beach and the Sunset Lake Area. This hotel is an older design that has been throughly maintained. If your looking for more modern design and larger accomadiations then you should look elsewhere, but if your here for the sun and surf at one of the least expensive rates on the Island, than this is your spot. I have stayed at other places on the Island where I felt I got good value for my money, but this is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write about a place because of how much of a bargain it acually is. I told my sister about The Sea Chest and she enjoyed her stay also. I look forward to another visit (hopefully!) before the end of the summer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 25 July 2013

July 19-21, I stayed at the cozy Sea Chest Motel in Wildwood Crest. I came to meet my family who stayed there for 6 days. This is a family owned place and the owners are very lovely and very accommodating. It’s only a block away from the beach. In the evening we were able to enjoy the balcony and have conversations with new people. The rooms were very clean and the staff did a great job cleaning in between and leaving plenty of towels. The pool was refreshing after the beach and absolutely clean. Outside are 3 grills, picnic tables, comfy lounge chairs and even a ping pong table. Also, enjoyed looking at the home grown garden:) All rooms had a fridge, cool A/C, and very comfy beds. The price is good. There’s a trolley that picks you up right at the corner and takes you to the boardwalk for $2.50 each (make sure you have exact change) therefore no need to drive if you don’t want to. We will be staying there again. Thank you, Joanna

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank yohan215
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We love The Sea Chest!! My family has been going to The Sea Chest for about 15 years, we wouldn't stay anywhere else.
This family owned business is the cleanest most comfortable place to stay. The rooms are spotless, the pool and grounds are clean.
It's a tradition of ours to visit the Jersy Shore every summer, so this motel is like a second summer home. I recommend you visit.

Room Tip: If you have young kids, toddlers and under. Best to stay downstairs on ground level.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lydia M
Collingswood, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just returned from a short visit to the beach and I am very glad to have found the Sea Chest Motel. I have stayed at other hotels in Wildwood and Ocean City and I will make the Sea Chest my first choice when I want a beach get away. If you are looking for luxury this isn't it, but it is very clean and it's in a great location. The rooms was not large, but the bed and pillows were comfy with crisp white linens. I loved the 1940's green and yellow tile bathroom others may see it as old fashioned. When I'm at the beach I am there for the sun, sand and ocean; not spending time in the room. The owner John was very sweet and personally keeps the place in tip top shape. It's a great value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends