“Great place to stay”

Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Greenfield Twp. PA
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was my family's fourth year staying at the Biscayne, and we were pleased once again. We are always given the room we request ( calling in advance of course) . The room is always spotless, and has just what you need for a week at the shore. I love both pool areas and that one is heated and the other is not ( not everyone wants a heated pool on a hot day ) and that they are both well kept. A quiet family atmosphere close enough to drive to the boardwalk/ Cape May , yet far enough from the noise to actually enjoy your vacation. Guests are always friendly and tell you they have been staying here for years . Beach is right there and you do not have to worry about crossing busy streets ( especially with small children ).Patrick and the rest of the Biscayne staff are always working to make sure your stay is worth coming back. I always look forward to coming here each year !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our family of four stayed the Biscayne at the end of August for several nights. We were a little disappointed with the accomodations especially after the rave reviews on this site. We have stayed in several different places in the Crest and this one was definitely average for the cost. The pool area needs some TLC, especially the lounges, which do not fully extend to a flat position. Also, during our stay, we tried both pools only to find that one pool was heated and the other was not, hence the overcrowding at the heated pool. The shower "whistled" loudly when turned to the colder water position... leaving it towards the mid to hot position risked getting scalded. The water pressure was very low as well. The tiny bar soaps (one for the bath and one for the sink) were never replaced during our stay, nor was the shampoo/conditioner (only one was provided for all of us!). The front glass door had fingerprints and smudges, and the blinds did not function. Lastly, when we first checked in, there was an overpowering smell of bleach. While I appreciated the fact they disinfected, the smell was a lot to handle. Many of the complaints are cosmetic but I don't think any of these complaints would not be an issue at a true "resort". The Biscayne is more of an average, overpriced beach motel.

1 Thank NFMom
BiscayneMotel, Manager at Biscayne Family Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your review. You have provided us with some valuable feedback. Our chase lounge chairs by the pool are designed to not recline to a flat position. We will keep this in mind the next time chairs are purchased. Also for the summer of 2014 our 2nd pool will be heated. We take great pride in the upkeep and maintenance of our property. We wish you would have notified us that the shower and front blinds needed to be looked at. When we are notified of an issue or concern, we take care of it immediately. Finally, we do use bleach in all bathrooms. Nothing is more important to us than the cleanliness of our rooms. We will discuss your concern with the housekeeping staff.
Oxford, NJ
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife, daughter and I spent two nights here in August. We have been to Wildwood Crest many times and have stayed in many different hotels/motels. Never have we been so disappointed. The room was very small, barely enough room to walk and no table and chairs or desk. Beds are rock hard and there is no bottom fitted sheet. Just a flat sheet not completely covering the scratchy mattress cover. Mind you, all this for $200/ night. Furthermore the bathroom is tiny with a small pedestal sink (also, no second sink outside the bath) plenty of towels, though, but little else in the way of amenities. Shower pressure poor also. As far as location, an ugly vacant lot seperates the motel from the beach. All in all I cannot say the Biscayne is much of a resort and is not a good value.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank NSLfamily
We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in August. At the time of making a reservation all rooms are described over the phone. We also have multiple, up to date pictures, room layouts, and a room description on our website. The room that you reserved was our most basic room style. We do offer many different room styles including 1, 2, & 3 bedrooms with kitchens. We take great pride in our property but unfortunately, cannot control the look of the adjacent property.
East Windsor, NJ
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the first time because of the reviews I read on this sight. We arrived on 8/24 and stayed until 8/30 and we just loved this place. The staff here is wonderful beginning with the call to make the reservation to the time we checked out. My husband spent a lot of time in the office every morning getting his coffee. The gals always had suggestions of places to go and things to do. Because we switched rooms in order to stay for the week, we got to see two different kinds of rooms. One had a kitchen, fully stocked with everything one would need, and although the other didn't have a kitchen, it did have a refrigerator and a microwave. Both rooms were exceptionally CLEAN!!!!!! Not a speck of dust anywhere and believe me, I looked. You could spend all day looking for a piece of paper lying on the ground and you won't find one. They are always cleaning up. I read in a previous review about the air conditioner being loud. I think that may be because we who have central air forget that window units are nosier. On the other hand, the people on both sides of us had children, and we never heard a peep. Rooms are well insulated. Even the people staying there were all very nice. If you are a college kid and looking to party, this isn't the place for you. If you are seniors like my husband and me or a family with young children, you will love it. Two pools and a kiddie pool and a very easy walk to the beach. It's on the beach block. I can't say enough about what a great place this is. The rooms are very bright and sunny, too. We just loved it and always looked forward to talking to the gals in the office! We plan to go back there again next year. It's really a family-oriented friendly place to stay and the rates they charge for clean, bright and sunny rooms are better than any other place in the Crest.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary-Dan N
Green Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I planned a spontaneous getaway to Wildwood Crest with our children. We were extremely pleased with our two night stay at the Biscayne. Our room was clean and the staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Due to our last minute plans we needed to switch rooms, the staff moved our things without hesitation. We were allowed to stay in our room until the other room was available. They followed through with a phone call to us on the beach letting us know our new room was available and our belongings had been moved. We were impressed with their professionalism and flexibility. A great place to stay and close to the beach. We would not hestitate to stay there again.

1 Thank Donna S
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, with free coffee in the mornings and information about restaurants at the ready. The room was super clean and comfortable. The pools were sparkling clean. A very family friendly environment, and as another reviewer said, even the other guests were nice. Very quiet at night. Very convenient to the beach. The only flaw I can say is that the AC in the room was very loud, and I had to raise the TV volume when it came on. On the other hand, my husband loved the "white noise" and it helped him sleep. Did I mention that this place was CLEAN???

1 Thank rvichan
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our family (two sets of parents, three kids and two grandparents) stayed at the Biscayne last month. Our family had been going to the Jersey Shore for decades, but this was our first family stay in Wildwood Crest, so it HAD to be fantastic.

It was FANTASTIC.

So here's a story that might help tell the tale: One night the A/C in my parents' room died at 11pm (uh-oh). They called the office, 10 minutes later Patrick came up himself to try to fix it. When it turned out the thermostat had to be replaced (which couldn't happen until the morning), he did everything possible to try to fix the situation. He was honest and earnest and polite and did what he could make things better (it was a cool night so it wasn't a problem). Look, sometimes things break. Sometimes not everything can be fixed immediately. I get that. What stands out for me isn't that something broke, it's how the Biscayne handled it. They were professional and genuinely concerned about our well-being. I was impressed and grateful.

One last thing -- this is very much a family place. You'll see families around the patio tables playing cards, you'll see parents sitting on the balcony with a drink, you'll see toddlers toddling around open doors. At night things quiet down. It's a friendly, mellow place. It's one thing to say that the staff is very friendly (which they are!), but at the Biscayne even the people staying there were really friendly.

I don't give many 5 star reviews, but the Biscayne has easily earned one. Thanks for a great vacation Biscayne!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Biscayne Family Resort? Share your experiences!