“Truly amazing, and I wasn't even a guest”

Biscayne Family Resort
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
montreal
“Truly amazing, and I wasn't even a guest”
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Hi, I am writing this review as a good tip of where to stay in Wildwood. For those who know Wildwood, you all know about the Motels. It is very hard to find a descent one.
While my girlfriend and I were taking a walk at night, we decided to check out the other motel's around Wildwood crest, it was very quiet this week so many of the motel's were vacant, which gave us the opertuninty to actually look throught the windows of the free room's. When I saw the rooms at the Biscayne I was immediately attracted to it, but I couldn't see that well. This morning as I was leaving to come back home, I decided to really check out the Biscayne. I went inside and spoke to the owner (Patrick) and asked him if it was possible to take a look at one of the rooms. He said no problem and was very nice about it. Very good hospitality. I go to Wildwood every summer for the past 25 years and I am very loyal to the motels I stay at, but I think this will change next summer. This was the most beautiful room I have ever seen in my entire life in Wildwood. Just amazing, I wish I knew about this before because I am staying there next year for sure. The rooms are up to date. Very modern, very clean and very comfortable. Like I said, I know Wildwood like the back of my hand, but I never knew this place was like this. I know alot of people who go to Wildwood, and I am highly reccommendin this Motel to them. You can tell the owner's care, he was very nice. Im in a buisiness too, so I know that they really care about customer service. Hoped this info helped.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank matteomontreal

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We have previously stayed at the Pan American and have enjoyed it. Circumstances this year required us to book near the Madrid, but reviews here were scary. We settled on the Biscayne Family Resort and I was extremely pleased (and my general expectations for Wildwood are rather low since I prefer to vacation at more distant and exotic - and luxurious - locations). First, the staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. Second, the cleanliness of the resort was first rate - I saw them cleaning a room with a litany of bottles/mops/solutions. The pool boy even swept sand off the parking spaces. The room was in excellent condition. The AC (central) worked wonderfully (not so at the Madrid). Large clean fridge in our room. Bright, ceiling fan, good bathroom, etc, etc. The pool was a standard rectangle but kept clean. Every AM they brew coffee in the lobby and offer half and half to go with it. The hotel is not directly on the beach but IS on the beach block and a short walk to the beach entrance.

You will not be disappointed with the Biscayne Family Resort.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Elitefreak
Albany, NY
Reviewed 11 August 2009

My family has been going to the Jersey shore almost every summer for 30+ years. A few years ago our old motel was sold and the new management didn't have the same standards that we've grown to love and expect so we started to look else ware.

The Biscayne was the first and last place we tried, we fell in love with the motel. Its staff / owners are very friendly and accommodating, no matter how busy the hotel is they take the time to help you and provide you with personal service. The cleaning staff are great and our room is always spotless when we return from the beach. I feel ok leaving my things in the room at this motel, but this year we noticed there is an easy to use safe in every room so anyone that might need or require one is in luck.

The pool by the office is a nice size and is 8ft deep in the deep end and a fenced off kiddy pool section in the shallow end. The pool area is keep just as clean as the rooms and never seems crowded. There is also another pool for guests to use in the other section of the motel, but we have never used it. It looks about the same size and walking past, it never seems crowded.

The motel is only a few hundred feet (1-2 min walk with chairs) from the beach. There are a half dozen places for breakfast or lunch within walking distance (I'd recommend the Sand Castle or the cafe in the Bal Harbour). The motel is right on the trolley line and right on the fresh fruit and ice cream trucks route (always a plus).

The motel is in direct sun and lively during the day, but at night it’s bathed in lighting and peaceful. This is no party motel, around 10PM it’s very quiet and it’s nice that the owners keep it that way; I think the fact that it’s next to residential properties probably helps.

We'll be back next year!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Time2Shine
NJ
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Just spent the weekend in one of the regular motel rooms - everything was clean, smelled clean, modern and everyone was extremely accommodating. We had a problem with the volume on our TV and they came right up and replaced it with a new one. Rooms are very soundproof, there were a lot of people around the pool and kids playing in the pool and our room was poolside, with the door closed you couldn't hear a thing. Price is great for what you get. The owners / front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. This definitely is not a party place, there were a couple hotels nearby that every time we went by night or day people were loud and carrying on, there was none of that here. Great for families or couples looking for some quiet time. I also felt very safe, which I usually don't. I got the impression that a lot of the people staying are regulars. Before we left we booked another weekend in August.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Youngone
Northern NJ
Reviewed 10 July 2009

Whoever, gives this place a bad review, should have their heads examined. I have been going to Wildwood for 30 years of my life. Only a few years ago, have we started staying at the Biscayne. I wish I found it alot earlier.

We go down every year, and stay in room 117. These rooms are perfect for me and my wife and our 2 kids...6 and 2....It's first floor, and poolside. The rooms are spotless (trust me, we are picky). The main pool is alot warmer than the the smaller one, but my kids love both pools.....There are grills to use and why people complain about the maid service is beyond me. The owner runs a tight ship, and for a place at the jersey shore, that is welcomed.

The place is affordable, and its on the beach block. I plan on going to Wildwood for many years to come, just like my parents did with me, and the Biscayne is my Motel of choice.....BY FAR......It doesnt hurt that management, maids, head maids, pool guys, everyone, always has a smile on their face, and always says hello to my kids.......that goes a long way with me.......seeya next year guys

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank shank7408
Union County
Reviewed 30 June 2009

My wife, daughter and in-laws have been going to the Biscayne Family Resort for a few years now and we love it here! The staff is very friendly and helpful, and they feel almost like family. The rooms and outdoor surroundings are very clean. We enjoy the pool, cooking on the grill and the other amenities. I just feel so relaxed and comfortable at the Biscayne and would recommend it to anyone looking for any enjoyable place to stay in Wildwood Crest, particularly for families with children and seniors.

Just come here and enjoy the Jersey shore!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
maryland
Reviewed 19 June 2009

inexpensive, clean,and quiet positives.
negatives minor but no hand towels 1 bath towel 1 washcloth only/person. no coffee maker. housekeeping aggressive about cleaning room " need to makes sure there is not damage????" left i day early would not refund money/prepaid in cash. front desk made another guest pay .50 cents for a little bar of soap-OMG!

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Storm886
BiscayneMotel, Owner at Biscayne Family Resort, responded to this review, 6 July 2009
I would agree that the Biscayne Family Resort is inexpensive, clean, and quiet. Any requests by our guests, including extra towels, washcloths, and soap are always accommodated. We do supply coffee makers in all units that contain kitchens. We also serve free coffee throughout the morning in our office. On our premises is a coin operated washer and dryer. We sell boxes of detergent for 50 cents. Additional bars of soap for the room are free.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#5 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#4 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Biscayne Family Resort? Share your experiences!