“Best Vacation Ever!”

Astronaut Motel
Ranked #38 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Best Vacation Ever!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This motel is a wonderful place to stay. We enjoy coming back year after year for a wonderful and relaxing vacation. Between the beach, pools, and the beautiful scenery there's no other place we'd rather be.

Room Tip: Better views of the beautiful ocean and beach on the second and third floors.
1 Thank Kyle G

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Riverhead, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been going to Wildwood for 29 years and staying at the Astronaut Motel. Every year i begin a count-down to my family vacation by putting up pictures of the Astronaut Motel. I couldn't think of any other place to stay. The motel is very clean, comfortable, very family friendly, and makes a vacation feel effortless. The staff is friendly and accommodating, Ed is an awesome manager, making sure everyone has a great, relaxing stay. It's only a few steps from the beach. And has a well maintained pool, two decks, laundry room, grills, Wifi, etc.. The rates are very reasonable. I feel like I am at home when i stay here, but here comes with a great cleaning staff; making sure the room is clean everyday and you never run out of clean towels. It's nice to see the same families come here every year as well and you make some great friendships. Let the count-down to next year begin!

3 Thank Allison G
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've been vacationing in Wildwood Crest, NJ every year for the past 28 years, staying at The Astronaut. There is not a summer that I will miss and so far I haven't in my lifetime. It is a family tradition that I will continue for as long as I can. The motel is kept clean. The staff are very friendly. Ed, the manager is accommodating and wonderful. Ed is always doing updates in the rooms and property, paying attention to every detail that needs to be taken care of. The sun decks and pool are great for tanning and taking a quick dip to cool off! The grills on the upper deck are great for having family/friends bbqs. The motel is directly on the beach. There are some very nice breakfast places within walking distance. The trolly picks up one block away which can take you to the boardwalk. There is no place I would rather be than at The Astronaut.

Room Tip: Rooms vary in decor. Some are more modern than others. Everyone loves coming here each and every y...
2 Thank Jen L
NJ
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for a convention/vacation event. Room was cozy, very clean, had an efficiency kitchen that met our needs, a very nice pool, nice view of the ocean located right on the beach and quiet enough at night for restful sleep. Parking is a little tight but not impossible. We are very pleased and will be back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Patricia P
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have been staying here for the past 6 years. Ed is wonderful. Always accomodating and friendly. We love being right on the beach. The rooms are very clean and modern. Area is quiet and guests are very friendly. Close enough to the action of the boardwalk but far enough away to enjoy quiet, relaxing evenings. We plan on returning every year for our summer vacation - and even 2 or 3 times a year for long weekends!

Room Tip: We have stayed in several different types of rooms. All of them have a great ocean view, are roomy...
2 Thank Wendy S
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am 24 and have been there every year since I was born. My parents have been going there long before I was born as well. We've never had a problem. Ed is excellent and always accommodates any needs we have. The third floor rooms are beautiful and modern!! We love them. The cleaning service is always excellent as well. Pool is heated off season (when I go), so that's awesome. I plan to keep going every year!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy A
Westville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have been staying at the Astronaut Motel for many years and we always come back.The staff is so friendly and knowledgeable. We will continue to come back for many years to come.We would recommend this Motel to all our families.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple