“Great choice for a cheap price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #57 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Great choice for a cheap price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Front desk was very friendly! The pool is an awesome temp., esp after laying on the beach all day which is very close! Free wifi! You truly can't beat it for the price! I don't know why people complained about the pool temperature, it's a pool.. not a sauna. Not to mention the pool was very clean!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank FaithMB

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews, I know a lot of people have their own opinions, I know when going on vacation you want to save money on your place to stay so you can do other things. I'm telling you the beds are bad I never stayed anywhere where they had these kind of mattresses,70's maybe? The bathrooms are probably at best 70's and if you could stand and turn around would be amazing in it self.
We arrived 3 1/2 hours driving got to the front desk, asked her if there's a bathroom in there? She said NO!
Your ID and payment please! I should have known what I was getting into as soon as I went in there, can we say hoarders? Things are covered with old sheets? Hoarders! She gives us a key and says third floor!
The air conditioning doesn't even cool the whole place.
I'm trying to warn anyone please stay somewhere else! This place is old and disgusting, they don't care and they just want your money!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Linda C

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

My family and I have been visiting the Yankee Clipper every summer for about 9 years! We love the staff, the maids are always friendly, do what you ask and clean up very well! Sure the furniture is outdated but its bearable, its not like you're sitting on a pile of rocks or anything! The pool is a little bit chilly but isnt that the point of going into a pool? To be honest, to make the owners angry enough to yell or anything you have to be very disrespectful or rude to them they are a very nice couple. The location couldnt be better! Its right next to a hotel that serves breakfast every morning called "The Crusader" and you dont even have to be staying at the hotel to eat there! The beach is a block away and about a 3 minute walk! And the boardwalk is about 10 minutes but you could rent a bike, take the trolley (The closest stop is right up the street) or even drive if you would prefer! The one thing about the hotel that I particularly dont like is that there is an italian band that plays on the deck of the hotel across the street very late on one weekend night. Im not sure what night but if you go there, you will find out for yourself! The rooms are very nice, its no five star hotel but it's nice enough! You can look at their rooms on their website. (yankeeclippermotel.com) I have brought various people along with me down to wildwood and they said they enjoyed their stay very much! Also there is a little mini golf set up on the main grounds along with 2 ping-pong tables! I would recommend bringing golf balls and/or ping pong balls because they do charge you for those. Lastly there is a very nice sun deck on the side of the building! Its always very quiet there and they always keep the deck lights on. I hope you choose the Yankee clipper for your next trip to wildwood because I love it from my experience!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Melinda S
Malta, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were in Wildwood the weekend of the firemen's conv. Rooms were at a premium and the prices were too. We stopped at 3 motels, looked at 3 rooms, w/a cost of $138-150 a night. All rooms were shabby and old and there were noisy parties going on so we decided to pass on any of those.We opted for a quieter part of town, and we looked at the Cape Cod motel -again shabby and $150 a night. Next door was the Yankee Clipper. The registration area looked like a hoarder lived there- stuff in every nook and cranny - should have been a warning. Asked to see a room and we were shown a photograph of a room. The owner/operator, Mindy or Miranda, said the price was $80 a night and that sounded good. Asked for a key so we could look at the room and were told that she did not trust anyone w/a key and proceeded to lock the office and escort us to the room. She opened the door to the room and we were greeted by and old, moldy smell. Stepped inside and again we were so disappointed. Old furniture, scratched and dented, forget matching pieces. Everything looked like it had been bought at a rummage sale. The kitchenette was so outdated and filthy. I would not have cooked on the stove if you paid me to. I hesitated putting our soft drinks in the fridge.The bathroom fixtures were right out of the fifties and it had more colors than I cared to count. One A/C unit over the bed int the back bedroom - unbelievable. We asked if the pool was heated and got screamed at, " I am offering you a room at 80.00 and you want a heated pool? Business of off 25% and we can't afford to heat anything." Yes, the pool was clean but it was too cold for anyone to use it. Warning signs everywhere - Do this - don't do that - many restrictions. This motel may have "The Place" to stay, but that time has long since passed. I was not looking for the Ritz, but updated, modern and clean are essentials. We could never get completely comfortable at this place. This motel needs a lot of TLC and a lot of renovations. On the plus side, it was quiet.

Room Tip: Very quiet area. Some rooms offer a slight view of the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Evelyn B
Old Bridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was our second visit to the Yankee Clipper. Located 1 block from the beach. The pool was spotless, grounds well kept, room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The dated decore is to be desired but only slept in the room so it really did not matter. Many rules posted all over the place, signs every where, which my husband really did not like. Wish the pool was open longer as the hrs are 10AM - 7PM. Some free WIFI would be great too. We could see the fireworks from our room that were going off at the boardwalk for the 4th. Overall a very pleasant stay and would stay again if ever traveled back to the area.

Room Tip: first floor is the best. Had efficiency which is the same size as a non efficiency but w/ a full fr...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Denise S
Mechanicville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have been coming to Yankee Clipper for about 10 years now. I am a very picky person and let me tell you, I can not believe some of the reviews I have been reading. This place is NOT DIRTY, NOR DOES IT HAVE ANYTHING LIVING IN OR UNDER THE MATTRESSES!!! The maids do a great job keeping the place very clean. As far as the owners, they are very nice people, and want all their guest to have a great time!! The rooms are a little dated but who cares. I did not come down to spend my time in the rooms. Besides it allows the owners to keep the rates reasonable for a family to come on vacation with times like these.

Room Tip: 3rd floor best view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Kelly D
Akron, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is a great motel and for the money it can't be beat. The place is a little old fashoned but really who cares. I don't go to the beach to sit in a motel room and admire the paintings on the wall. The A/C works great and the room was clean. If you went to WC back in the 80's this room is just like one I remember from back in the day.

Room Tip: None really.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple