I’m currently staying at what they call a resort. First let me begin by saying this is far from a resort, it’s more like a motel, and that’s being kind. I’m currently staying in what they call a E room “One of the better rooms” and I walked into a room that was nicely designed, but truly a disaster. Let me begin by saying dirty walls, dirty carpets and a shower curtail that hasn’t been replaced for months, which mold was located on the bottom of the curtain. The people at the front desk have no idea on what real hotel management should be like and speak with attitudes. I’ve never left comments on any site, but I felt compelled to alert many that are thinking about staying here to really think about it before spending money on a place that personally should be closed down for a months for a major clean up.
Start with painting the walls and covering up other people’s messy habits then you can tackle the dirty carpets followed by replacing all the broken and run down furniture and replacing old kitchen equipment and the smell of dirty rags that consume the living room area. They falsify having WIFI. Their signal is weak throughout the entire property. I'm a network engineer and it's clear they don't use repeaters on every floor to ensure proper strength signal is spread across the property and they market what they call the "Internet Cafe" a bunch of old windows XP platform machines "Internet Cafe rady"
The positives have been the pool area, location and the poor cleaning people that are directed by a bunch of non talented individuals who have no capabilities in providing any leadership or direction to their own staff not to mention themselves. All that the front desk is concerned about is you signing your life away in order to obtain barbeque utensils, towels and wrist bands.. What they should be concerned about is cleaning their hotel rooms and hallways to ensure a positive experience for their clients. If I could I would check out right now and get my money back! Certainly I find it hard to digest that this just cost me $450.00 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Coronado Resort is a beachfront full-service condominium hotel located in the heart of Wildwood Crest just minutes from fine restaurants, nightlife, the world famous Wildwood Boardwalk and just a short drive to Cape May and Atlantic City. With a variety of accommodations from guest rooms to spacious 1, 2, 3 bedroom suites, El Coronado can meet your vacation needs. Enjoy breathtaking ocean views from your balcony or relax on our beachfront sundeck. El Coronado offers free poolside barbeques and live entertainment in season for your enjoyment along with many other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your El Coronado Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Coronado Hotel Wildwood Crest
- El Coronado Wildwood Crest