“good location but need to improve cleaness of kitchen” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
El Coronado Resort
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Montreal, Canada
“good location but need to improve cleaness of kitchen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

very good location but need to improve the cleaness of the kitchen. It was a great location, pool is great and the view of ocean was beautifull. We rent an appartment with 3 rooms (EE) the rooms were big and clean. We were very disappointed about the cleaness of the kitchen: carpet is durty, walls are a mess, we ask a sheet to cover the sofa . Also we were not able to have a parking for 2 cars, we rent an appartement for 10 people... I will return but I will ask if they have renovate the kitchen before.

Room Tip: room with ocean view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Helene H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I’m currently staying at what they call a resort. First let me begin by saying this is far from a resort, it’s more like a motel, and that’s being kind. I’m currently staying in what they call a E room “One of the better rooms” and I walked into a room that was nicely designed, but truly a disaster. Let me begin by saying dirty walls, dirty carpets and a shower curtail that hasn’t been replaced for months, which mold was located on the bottom of the curtain. The people at the front desk have no idea on what real hotel management should be like and speak with attitudes. I’ve never left comments on any site, but I felt compelled to alert many that are thinking about staying here to really think about it before spending money on a place that personally should be closed down for a months for a major clean up.

Start with painting the walls and covering up other people’s messy habits then you can tackle the dirty carpets followed by replacing all the broken and run down furniture and replacing old kitchen equipment and the smell of dirty rags that consume the living room area. They falsify having WIFI. Their signal is weak throughout the entire property. I'm a network engineer and it's clear they don't use repeaters on every floor to ensure proper strength signal is spread across the property and they market what they call the "Internet Cafe" a bunch of old windows XP platform machines "Internet Cafe rady"
The positives have been the pool area, location and the poor cleaning people that are directed by a bunch of non talented individuals who have no capabilities in providing any leadership or direction to their own staff not to mention themselves. All that the front desk is concerned about is you signing your life away in order to obtain barbeque utensils, towels and wrist bands.. What they should be concerned about is cleaning their hotel rooms and hallways to ensure a positive experience for their clients. If I could I would check out right now and get my money back! Certainly I find it hard to digest that this just cost me $450.00 a night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Eric F

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We always come to this resort, I came for ten days and the room I had for the first nine days was great. Once the day I had to change to the other room came, that's when the disappointment began. They couldn't give me a straight answer telling what time I would have to switch rooms.. Which ruined the whole due to not being able to plan and had to cancel several activities. The attitude on the staff was horrid. Management provided me with free breakfast in which we used. My eggs were raw and when I said something, staff asked me if I know what over easy eggs were.. Not pleased. WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING HERE. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Vacation453
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here in prior years and it seems that every year the rooms get dirtier and dirtier. The phone was disgusting. The carpet is stained and soiled and the walls are a mess.
We payed a lot for this room and it gross. I don't even like watching my son walk in the floor.
We are finding somewhere else next year.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank MissHil
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Hello, Miss Hil: I'm sorry you found our hotel lacking this year. I have already scheduled the painters and the carpeting revisions for 2014 and would happily promote to you a free room upgrade should you permit us to host you again next year. Thank you for taking the time to advise me of your stay.
Exeter, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have been going here for 3yrs now. Each time I have stayed in a different room . I was there in June and July and Sept. AAA AAS GS EEE, I loved each room, clean, nice and roomy. Loved the view from all rooms. The office staff and the Manager is sooo freindly and helpful whether about the hotel or places to eat. The grounds are kept very clean. All other staff in the hotel are very courteous. I feel very welcomed there. I love all the room you have at the sundeck, and you can cookout there on the grills and eat in the shade. The restaurant is very good. I had breakfast there and it was delicious and you get alot. I can't wait to go back again. Thanks for a great stay El Coranodo!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you, BeachGirl...always glad to hear from our guests. I appreciate the positive notes. See you on your next trip to the Wildwoods!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just came back from a 3 night stay at El Coronado. We had a nice time and found most of the staff to be friendly. The hotel is obviously older so could use some updating and new furniture. The couch and carpet in the room had some obvious stains. The common areas seemed clean just a little dingy. We had a suite with a kitchenette, we really loved the layout and what was provided in the kitchen. One thing that I think needs to be addressed ASAP was the peeling paint on all the balcony and pool railings. I don't know how people hung their stuff on there without getting chipped paint on everything. I was afraid the chipped paint from above would blow down and get in my eye or something. Housekeeping seemed to be a little slow at times, my father in law's room wasn't available til 4:30 the day he checked in. I think that is unaccepable, especially for a customer who has stayed there several times. The cafe did have good food. I would consider staying here again if things were updated or prices came down.

2 Thank bizzokiki
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Recently spent a long weekend at the El Coronado. We have been heading to Wildwood for many years now with our extended family of 30 for our annual summer reunion. This year we chose the El Coronado as the room layouts really seemed better suited for our needs.
Check in went smoothly. Once we entered our EEE suite however, that was another story. The sofas were very badly stained, the carpet was dirty, the walls, doors and light-switches were FILTHY and in need of a good cleaning and a coat of paint. Upon checking out the 3 bedrooms we discovered a ceiling leak directly over one of the beds (it was raining heavily that day). The mattress was soaked. Front desk sent up maintenance (which took quite a while) who said they would move the bed out from under the leak. That was it. When advised that the mattress was soaked their response was well, we can flip it over! For real?!?!? We were supposed to sleep on a mattress that was soaked from a roof leak? After many angry calls back and forth to the front desk and being told that they did not have any other rooms available for the entire weekend (they initially wanted to move us out of this room for 2 nights and move us back into this room for our last night - only to sleep on the same soaked mattress which by then would have had mold on it!). Finally, they were able to locate a new mattress and came and replaced it for us (I am afraid to know where they got this mattress from). The following day while walking down the hallway my husband overheard maintenance telling the cleaning crew ("oh, that's the mattress from room *** - just flip it over and put it in that room"). Really?? So another poor unsuspecting person was given a moldy mattress! Totally unacceptable. The El Coronado will never see any of our group at their hotel again.

9 Thank Igottatravel_13
#5 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#3 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to El Coronado Resort? Share your experiences!