“VERY DISAPPOINTED”

Ranked #49 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Staten Island, New York
“VERY DISAPPOINTED”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

The rooms were clean but very old and dingy. The blankets were old and had lint balls.
No cable in the bedroom. The bathtub was backed up and on the last morning had to
manually empty the bathtub in order to take a shower and when let mangement know
what happened they really did not care. I have gone to Wildwood for the last 4 years
and unfortunately my regular motel was totally booked. The plastic couch was very
uncomfortable, Pool was very small only 5' and game room is a joke very expensive for what you get overall a total disappointment.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank CynthiaMolina

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Blakely, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

we have stayed at the beau rivage the last two years and have also had a great time with a very friendly staff, but this year our vacation was extremely relaxing until the last day when our car broke down and had to be towed an hour away. we were checking out that day and the desk clerk allowed us to keep our suitcases on the trolley and remain at the hotel until our car was fixed. i also explained to her that i had ms and that the heat may get to me for which she said bring all of your luggage to the front desk, i will watch it if i needed to go in the poot. unfortunately, the car would not be fixed for another day. we needed to stay again and they gave us another room and made an extremely stressful situation a lot less stressful for me, my husband, and four teenagers!!!! also the owner of the oasis beach grill and his staff is one of the nicest guys with GREAT food. cannot wait to go again next year!!!!!! :)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Newyork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

When I pulled up to the Beau Rivage I was suprised. It didnt look as nice as the other hotels around it. Well, Its not close to really anything. The staff there were very helpful and i have no major complaints. But the pool closed very early. And the pool was much smaller than you would imagine. All the balconies are connected so you get no privacy. The game room was in a tiny romm right next to the parking lot and had almost no games, it was very very inconvienant. The reastuarnt was nice although since it was facing the beach you had to walk pretty far to get food. The food was OK, it wasnt great but it wasnt terrible. There was a hotel right next to it on the left it was almost touching the beauriivage. The beach was very nice but did get crouded so dont let the location that is so far down wildwood crest fool you. It did have a volleyball net on the beach which was great. An icecream truck came around that part every so often too. The room i had was grat and it fit my family perfect (family of 5). But it was not worth how much you where spending for the rooms. Over all it was okay. And the couch was kinda plastic feeling.

Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

I had stayed at the neighboring Acacia Motor Inn many times before, but sadly they had closed for the season when I was looking to visit. My stay at the Beau Rivage started out just fine, not the most friendly management staff, but I figured it was the end of the season, so... At checkout, they charged my credit card for the weekend stay, the proper amount. When I returned home, I found that about an hour after I left, they had charged my credit card for "Dog Cleanup" for an extra $50. I tried calling them 4 or 5 times in the next week, to never get an answer at the phone number. Filed a complaint to the BBB, who they "promptly" responded to, stating that I had brought a dog along with me to the motel, and that someone saw me leaving the room with one in tow and that there were sandy pawprints all over the carpet, dog hair in the bathtub, etc. That would be fine and all, except for the fact that I did -not- bring a dog with me on my vacation... Still trying to fight the fraudulent charge, they are still not answering the phone. So no, I cannot recommend this to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HarvestCoyote
Gracious_Amie, Front Office Manager at Beau Rivage Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2010
Their was dog shampoo left in the bathroom, their was sandy dog prints all over the room along with dog hair. The room was found like that an hour after the customer left. Managment did speak to the customer and they never denied having a dog with them. We choose to have a "No Animals Allowed" policy because some are allergic. I'm sorry that this customer feels they were "fraudulently charged" but the room needed to be properly cleaned and the rugs shampoo'd after they checked out.
L'Ile-Perrot, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

First time we stayed here, but believe it won't be the last. It is a great place when there are small kids. Rooms were a great size and very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone in the group really enjoyed the stay. This is my third time in Wildwood Crest and i must say was impressed. Even the pool was warm, which makes a big difference when there are small kids. Reallly enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Mahwah NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

My family and I had stayed at the Beau Rivage Motel/Motor Inn for one week in July; and we loved it. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the staff was so friendly. My room was on the 4th floor of the resort and we had fantastic views of the ocean and of Diamond Beach. I can not wait to go back next year!

Roselle Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

This is our second year at the Beau Rivage having stayed other places which became condos. Excellent location, footsteps away from the beach and in the best part of Wildwood Crest (my opinion) This year we splurged for the ocean front room. Had new flat screen tv and new refrig, which pool side rooms did not have. (They had standard tvs)My only complaint is that the fan for the a/c is noisy, and since I slept in the l/r where the fan is right above, it was very bothersome. Got used to it eventually. The beach front coffee shop and grille, The Oasis, is a huge plus and food is great. You can sit indoors, or at the 6 outdoor tables overlooking the beach. Housekeeping lacked on some days. We were 3 people and two days got towels for 2 people, 2 days for 4 people and 2 days for 3 people. Empty tissue box was not replaced, paper cups were not replaced and table was not cleaned on 1 day. It is apparent we had a different housekeeper each day. Overall though, this is minor. Rooms were satisfactorily clean everyday.