“Great place to stay! Will definitely be back next summer!”

Attache Resort Motel
Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We just returned from a 4 night stay and had a great time! We picked this hotel because it is directly across the street from the bike rental place we love, and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was reluctant to book this hotel at first, as it is pricier than most in Wildwood Crest, but I have to say, it was well worth it! The rooms are immaculate, the pool is heated (a must for me!) and the staff is friendly and helpful. You can't beat the location is perfect. We were on the 3rd floor which had an awesome view of the beach and pool. My two boys played basketball right across the street at a great park! everything we needed was close by, ice cream store, great Mexican restaurant (Bandana's) bike rental shop, an awesome pier and the beach is right there. My only criticism is that one of the lifeguards was very strict, constantly on the kids for every little thing, and the parking spaces are so tight, that I was afraid my car was going to be damaged. But other than that, it was awesome and we plan on going back next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Wildwood98
There are newer reviews for Attache Resort Motel

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Great check in process, so personal and friendly This is a great family oriented place to stay while at the Wildwood Crest N.J. My families and I ( 2 generations) have stayed several times over the last 18 years. The location is great to the beach,bicycle rental,restuarants and the board walk is right down the street. Its amazing how we see the same families ( people we meet while on vacation)
year after year,its almost like a reunion. The rooms are so comfortable and extremely clean. This hotel has a personal touch added from the owners and staff. Bring your kids they will love the diving boards.

Great time M.G. bucks county, pa

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mickey2277
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This was the first time at this hotel and it wasn't bad..Even though we weren't in the room to much, it was still a nice place to come back to..The only minor problems i did have were the air conditioning wasn't cold enough..I like my room very cold while sleeping and a few times i woke up at night sweating.. Another small problem was the internet service wasn't to good..It worked only some of the times, i guess it depended on how many people was using it...But over all, i would go back..The people at the front desk were very friendly to me and i didn't have to bother them for anything..I knew they couldn't do anything about the air conditioner, so i didn't bother, as long as it was cool enough to sleep..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank domscd72
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Traveled with family (2 adults, 15 y/o & 20y/o) also cousins stayed here too!! Haven't been to Wildwood Crest for about 7/8 years and decided to try the same place we stayed at all the time before!! We weren't disappointed. The Attache is a family run motel for families to stay at. Only place around with high board at pool. No flips and crazy dives though!! INSURANCE!!! who would have guessed!!! Very clean and very well run. Not on the boardwalk but close enough to walk and beach is on the money. Wilwood area has changed alot over the last 8 years but still a good value for the family!! Alot to do for the kids on the boardwalk. Take a ride into Cape May for shopping. Pretty nice stuff and good food. Will absolutely go back!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank bdb_newyork
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband, 2 year old daughter and I stayed here last weekend and were pleasantly surprised! Yes, the motel is a bit out dated but so is just about everything down there! The motel suite we got was impeccably clean and had just about everything we needed for the weekend. What I liked also about them is that they weren't over priced and didn't require a 3 night minimum like many of the places i called before findin the Attaché. We will definitely be staying there again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here in June and let me tell you we had a blast. This time of year it can be hot and the pool was a great place to cool off. Oh, did I mention there is a diving board and a high dive, no other oceanfront motel has one of these, excellent. The staff was very friendly, the owner recommended some great places to eat in the area. The boardwalk is also so close so when we were exhausted from the rides it was nice to zip back to our room and relax to the sound of the waves. Would recommend this motel to anyone looking for some fun in Wildwood. thanks guys!

Room Tip: Reserve early, the oceanfront rooms go quick!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GriffinsVacation
Reviewed 26 July 2011

It really pains me to have to write this review. My family and I, have visited this hotel off and on since 1983. Everything was always nice, and we didn’t have problems.

This year, I came back for the first time since 2008, and I brought my girlfriend with me. I have since before this trip, I have built up the Attache as one of my favorite hotels that I have ever stayed in to her, and I was sure that we would have a great stay. When we first got to the hotel, we asked , if the pool was heated, and she said yes. They told us it was 74 degrees, which is not warm for a heated pool. The air temperature was in the late 80s/90s,so the pool temperature without heating would naturally be 74 degrees. It sounds to me, that they are cutting back on pool heating to save some money. When we got to the room, the first thing we noticed was that the room was warm. The second thing we noticed was the refrigerator was warm, and then we realized that the refrigerator was not plugged in, so we plugged it in. We gave it awhile to get cool only to find later that it was still warm. Within a short period of time, we had emptied our suitcases, filled up the drawers and closets and got comfortable in our room. We decided to call the front desk, and we addressed these issues. We waited a few minutes for the maintenance man, Armando, to come, but we decided to go the beach, and hoped that by the time we came back, the issues would be resolved. On our way out, we saw Armando enter our room. When we got back, we found that the air conditioning and fridge were not fixed, so we decided that there was a problem and we went down to the lobby. We told the receptionist about the issues, and at that time, the owner was standing by her side. We later learned that this woman was the owner. While I was telling her of the issues, they were not apologetic, and I felt that they weren’t helping me, but instead accusing me of not telling the truth. I asked them, what happened to the individual a/c units that used to be in each room. They proceeded to correct me that they never had them, and that they always had central air. This is where I start having a HUGE problem because I know that I am now being lied to. Anybody in my family could corroberate that there was an a/c unit in every room, but they kept insisting that I was lying. This is where I got mad and very insulted, which led to me being heart broken over what this hotel has come to. I told the owner that the place was going down the tubes, and she got furious! She then challenged me on this in a very rude tone. The motto of “the customer is always right” flew right out the window. This was a “customer is the problem and a liar situation”. The owner called Armando, and reprimanded him over the walkie talkie in front of us. He responded that the a/c is fine and at 68 degrees. I asked if we could borrow the thermometer to use in our room and they ignored my question. Armando showed us a room 2 down from us at the end of the building, but the a/c was not cold in there either. This was when Armando, said the rooms on the 3rd floor at the end of the hotel do not have good a/c because it is one line for the whole floor. We went back to the lobby, and my girlfriend said, if this was a $50 a night room, I would expect this type of thing, but we paid close to $ 200 a night. This was when I said to the owner/receptionist that they should do something for us. I said, we should get a day for free, and they responded by laughing at me. We asked for this because we just started our vacation, and now we have to waste time packing everything up again to move rooms and floors. This made our first day in Wildwood not as pleasant as we would have liked. If this was any other hotel, we feel that they would have given us money off of our $1100.00 stay, but they did nothing of the sort. If the owner is reading this article, do not dare to send a brochure to our address, but instead send a check for one night’s stay to our address. The receptionist told us that we had to talk to the manager, and he is only there on Friday's, and we said that we wanted to see him, but he never approached us. Armando said, that he could help us get a cold room, which insinuates that not all rooms are going to have air conditioning. They upgraded us to a more modernized room, and we did appreciate that, but we did notice that the a/c was still not as cold as the old units were. Also, the dial for the a/c went from 40 to 80, but when the dial hits 60, the a/c shut off, and there was no difference in temperature from 40 to 59, which basically means that you have an a/c on/off switch in every room.
We saw the other review that said there were parking issues, but during our stay in July, the busiest time of year, there was a lit vacancy sign and lots of parking spots. One of the little things that my family liked about our stay was sitting out at night on the landings and enjoying the nice light fixtures that the Attache had lit up and gleaming off the pool. During my recent stay, we noticed that they shut these off at 11/midnight.

I understand that there is an economic crisis, and I feel that there are businesses that are taking advantage of the situation by cutting back on employees, or amenitities in order to continue/boost their profit. As an employee might take the hit at his job, here in this situation, the guest is taking the hit by loosing their amenitities. To sum all of this up, I want to state that I am totally heartbroken that we will no longer be returning to the Attache. I would not suggest for anybody to ever go here. It is not the same hotel it used to be, and we cannot get over the fact of how unprofessional and rude the owner was to us, and she is clearly over 55, which one would think she would be more mature in handling customer matters. If god forbid, you do choose to go to the Attache, be prepared to be called a liar if you have any problems. Be prepared to not be taken seriously, and if you are a person that can tolerate staying in a hot room with no refrigeration than you are just the kind of guest the Attache is looking for. This hotel, or any hotel cannot take away how great Wildwood is, and even though our first day was messed up, Wildwood is a great place to go.

Room Tip: One's closest to lobby have mediocre a/c
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple