It's not my nature to cavil over small details. And I'd hate to be responsible for costing a business money when I know they employ members of the community. BUT my single-night stay at the Attache this past weekend was so displeasing, and so unnerving, that I feel obligated to offer a warning to other families looking for a relaxing room by the beach.
Specifically....I checked in at 3pm. What was referred to on the website as an "Ocean view" room was in-actuality a rather grim view of the parking lot. But ok. Fine. I laughed it off. At 5:30pm I went to give my 2-year-old girl a bath. No hot water. Not the end of the world. She took a cold bath. Mind you, the Attache is one of the more expensive motels on the strip. But what are you gonna do? Unfortunately, things only got worse. At 11pm, my entire family was still wide awake in bed, listening to dozens of other hotel guests out on their balconies literally YELLING, HOOTING and HOLLERING like animals. The whole complex sounded like a giant frat party. I finally went to complain to the night manager. He calmly (and rather fatalistically) dismissed my complaint, explaining that there was nothing he could do about it. "It's just the way it is here", were his exact words. I was speechless. This was 11pm, in a family-oriented hotel, and it was absolute bedlam outside. Now I must have made some kind of sense to him because as soon as I went back to my room he started yelling at the various parties to quiet down. Which worked. For about 15 min. Then the partying started up again and no further attempts to stifle it were made. The noise lasted till approx 2am. Needless to say none of us slept.
Anyway, what a colossal drag. If you're looking to party and make noise -- lots of noise -- this is the place for you. But if you're traveling with a family and hoping to get some peace and quiet by the beach, definitely look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the Beach only 3 blocks from the boardwalk. Located next to a park and bike path. Our pool features the only high diving board in the Wildwoods. One and two room suites and kitchens. Spring and fall packages are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Attache Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Attache Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Attache Motel Wildwood Crest