“Planet of the Apes”

Attache Resort Motel
Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 27 August 2012

It's not my nature to cavil over small details. And I'd hate to be responsible for costing a business money when I know they employ members of the community. BUT my single-night stay at the Attache this past weekend was so displeasing, and so unnerving, that I feel obligated to offer a warning to other families looking for a relaxing room by the beach.

Specifically....I checked in at 3pm. What was referred to on the website as an "Ocean view" room was in-actuality a rather grim view of the parking lot. But ok. Fine. I laughed it off. At 5:30pm I went to give my 2-year-old girl a bath. No hot water. Not the end of the world. She took a cold bath. Mind you, the Attache is one of the more expensive motels on the strip. But what are you gonna do? Unfortunately, things only got worse. At 11pm, my entire family was still wide awake in bed, listening to dozens of other hotel guests out on their balconies literally YELLING, HOOTING and HOLLERING like animals. The whole complex sounded like a giant frat party. I finally went to complain to the night manager. He calmly (and rather fatalistically) dismissed my complaint, explaining that there was nothing he could do about it. "It's just the way it is here", were his exact words. I was speechless. This was 11pm, in a family-oriented hotel, and it was absolute bedlam outside. Now I must have made some kind of sense to him because as soon as I went back to my room he started yelling at the various parties to quiet down. Which worked. For about 15 min. Then the partying started up again and no further attempts to stifle it were made. The noise lasted till approx 2am. Needless to say none of us slept.

Anyway, what a colossal drag. If you're looking to party and make noise -- lots of noise -- this is the place for you. But if you're traveling with a family and hoping to get some peace and quiet by the beach, definitely look elsewhere.

10  Thank R B

Reviewed 24 August 2012

As a couple, and also a family with grand children, we visit Wildwood Crest often and have stayed at numerous hotels. This was the first time at the Attache' and we were happy with the hotel. The hotel is right by the beach and the room seemed to be recently remodeled and very clean, which is very important for us. Price was reasonable and the staff, especially the girl at the front desk, was very friendly. They have a nice heated pool with a high dive, which they kept clean, along with a nice sundeck from where you can see the ocean. The hotel has an elevator which is a tremendous help if having a room on the upper floors. We also had a TV,microwave and small refrig which was useful. The only downside was a small bathroom with little room for toiletries and the bed was hard. Overall comparing this hotel to others in the same size and price catagory we would plan on staying at the Attache'again.

Room Tip: Upper floor with room closer to the ocean have best view, and with an elevator there is no problem m...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hanshi
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We decided to stay here because my 78 year old dad didn't want to drive around looking for a place, so we searched the internet. He likes the crest, even though the kids prefer North Wildwood. We have a family of 5 so we couldn't get a standard room The rates on line for other hotels were substantially much cheaper. But my son loved the diving boards and slide. When we got there I didn't realize the room was 300.00 per night with the extra person. WOW! The room was tiny and outdated, however, it's Wildwood and that's what we expect.
The best part about this hotel was the fact that it was clean. That was what was most important to me. I can deal with outdated decor, as long as its clean, which it was, so I commend them for that. If this hotel was 200 per night, I'd feel differently. The beds were very hard and the bathroom was very small. There isn't even room to put your toiletries.
The Pan American next door was cheaper but only had 2 beds. But they offered a cot. In hindsight, I should have taken it. It's much nicer for the $$
Attache has a lifeguard that watches the kids very closely. That is great and I like that a lot, especially with a high dive, however, they were very very strict. My son is a gymnast training 20 hours per week and was corrected for pulling himself out of the pool without using the ladder.
All in all it was a decent stay. The staff was friendly and everybody greeted us with a friendly hello throughout the day. But due to the hefty price, and small room, I would choose something else next time, just off of the other end of the boardwalk. But if you prefer the crest, this place is definitely clean! Which is NOT the case in most of Wildwood's motels. And the pool was warm even though the nights were chilly.

Room Tip: The views on the 3rd floor are much better than the lower floors. You can see over the trees to hav...
1  Thank kaykels
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We enjoyed spending our 20th Wedding Anniversary at the Attaché. We stayed in a small, cozy oceanfront studio room for two with a fabulous view of the ocean. We paid $217 a night. The room was clean. Unfortunately our maid was very rude, unfriendly and glared at me all week. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Wi-Fi had poor signal and was intermittent. Sleep quality was poor due to lots of noise. Parking is very tight with pillars. The pool is gorgeous and I enjoyed the sun deck. Very convenient that our room had small frig and microwave. This was our second visit to Attaché and we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Our family has been staying at the Attaché for several years. Every year they deliver a great experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff does a very good job cleaning the rooms each day. The pool is the best in Wildwood. It has a low & high dive as well as a slide. The water is also heated to a comfortable temperature. The kids love it. They are strict about making sure only guests use the pool, so if you have family at another motel they will not be able to use the pool. This pool would be overcrowded if they did not do this, but I think they have this policy more for insurance reasons. The location is perfect. You have the beach, boardwalk, park, basketball courts and bike rentals all within a very short walk. The front desk attendants are very friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend this motel.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Another great stay at the Attache!! Have stayed numerous times before and have never been disappointed!! Great people, clean motel, awesome pool (high dive), and awesome beech!!! We stayed for 5 nights family vacation. Grown kids (16 &21) other family members also stayed. Brought breakfast and lunch food and out for dinner. Eat on the boardwalk or at any one of the local restuarants all good!! Looking forward to going back!!

1  Thank bdb_newyork
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Just got back from a nice few days at the shore and we stayed at the Attache hotel which has an accent on the E. I think it is French Canadian or somthing because they fly a Canadian flag along side an American flag. Enough with that, the motel is just that a motel that was very clean and comfortable. It is exactly what you need if you don't want fancy but you want perfect. The pool was celan and so much fun with the 2 diving boards and slide. My kids loved the slide and I actually mustered enough courage to jump off of the high diving board. The rooms smell like flowers and the clean staff is friendly and always smiling....a shout out to Adina! I think that was her name. She was really nice and didn't mind that we got back from breakfast before she was done cleaning. The front lobby folks were also nice and smiled all the time. I think if you want fancy on't stay here but if you want great AC, nice service, great pool, perfect location with basketball courts across the street and a bike rental across the street, and easy access to the beach, then you want perfect which would be the Attache.

Room Tip: we loved 101. first floor near the pool so you can go in and out as you please and not have to use t...
2  Thank NY1LOU