“JACKIE LIKES "LINDA LAND".”
Review of Blue Marlin Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Blue Marlin Motel
Ranked #33 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have been staying at the Blue Marlin during the Elks Conventions and there is not a better
place to stay. Clean rooms and steps from the beach. Love the view from the 3rd floor patio.
Linda and Charlie just make you feel like part of the family. With everything changing to condo, it's good to know that old time shore feeling is still around at the Blue Marlin.
Thanks to Linda and Charlie and the crew it's always a great vacation.
captjack50

Room Tip: Try the room up top. A great view and and even better place to watch the sund go down.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Blue Marlin Motel

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We liked this hotel and stayed here for many years with no problems, the location is great and staff is friendly. But this past year, we booked ahead and unfortunately it was the hurricane weekend. We called to try to cancel but Linda told us we would lose our deposit if we didn't show up. She said we will have a hurricane party, ha ha. Hello, they were talking about the "Storm of the Century" for the Jersey Shore!

So not wanting to lose our money, we packed, took the 3 hour drive, and when we showed up were told that there was a mandatory evacuation the next day, Oops sorry. We did not have to pay for the whole 3 nights, but I don't think we should have had to pay for even one night. The right thing to do is to call your guests and let them know, not try to stick them for a lousy hundred bucks. My kids were very upset and terrified about the coming storm.

Mind you we have been coming here for years, a phone call would have been nice, a refund for the night would have been the right thing to do. This is just not good business.

To add insult to injury, we were told we had to be out by 7 am.

No more stays in "Lindaland" for us.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank easternowl
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I picked to stay at the Blue Marlin because It is a very family friendly hotel and although the rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant, The NOISE level was INSANE !!! This is by far the LOUDEST place I have stayed in Wildwood. I figured that the noise would die down as it got later into the evening since mlost guests seem to be families with young kidsbut that was not the case. I understand that it is Vacation but children yelling outside my room at 12AM and then again as early as 5AM !!! And from what I am told, Alot of these "Noisy" guests are regulars. The pool was Okay, Very small and there is not much around as far as Eateries, but there is PLENTY of LOUD Working/Construction/Garbage trucks at 4AM....!!! If you want a Quiter Hotel, Stay elsewhere !!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TamaraGB
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I have been going to the Blue Marlin for 43 years and never want to go anywhere else!
It's just like home and Linda and Charlie are the BEST! The rooms are cleaned by the best cleaning staff anywhere and the location to everything can't be beat. Just steps to the best beach in the world.

Someday I will go there and never leave! That is how great it is at the Blue Marlin!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank beachchair_10
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Great family motel and a beautiful, clean pool. Very close to the beach and 2 grills to cook on.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank fjddmd
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Traveled with a family of 5 (our three children ages from 15 to 24). If you need new and fancy, don't bother. If you want a home away from home with great and friendly owners and employees (Linda is a really great person!) you will find it at the Blue Marlin. If you want to hang out at the Boardwalk, it a little far for a walk but with this coastal barrier being 5 miles long, you really are close enough to everything! The rooms are dated but clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that Linda insisted that her staff clean and make-up the room at least every other day. And so it was... cleaned, vacuumed, new towels, beds made tight etc.... I guess you really can't consider that to be a negative but this is the only thing that strayed from us feeling at home. If we make it to Wildwood again, we'll be staying at the Blue Marlin!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nalehpr
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We have been going to the blue marlin for 25 years, a great value and the owners are great. A very good value. The children are grown, and my wife me me go every year.
Mak it a point to stay.