“"Not coming back to blue marlin hotel"”
Review of Blue Marlin Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Blue Marlin Motel
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“"Not coming back to blue marlin hotel"”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Even though Linda was so nice over the phone and the first 30 minutes of our stay there...she gave us an attitude. The next day she was even worse screaming at guests from one side to the pool to the other very unprofessional and rude. This is definetly not a way to treat guest if she had a problem with a guest she should of call him and talk to him privately no manners whatsoever...the maids were very nice, the pool area was clean, the price and location was nice, the rooms need a little upgrade specially the kitchen area. Overall it was an ok experience but we are definetly not coming back... My kids were so afraid to go near the pool after they heard Linda screaming so unprofessional doesn't make you feel welcoming....

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Lowreley80

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I am very disappointed to say that this hotel is not nearly as nice as all of the wonderful five star reviews would make it out to be. As those reviews say, the owner of this establishment is indeed very, very friendly to her guests. However, I would also like to think that the people who read reviews on here are interested in an honest review of what the room itself is like. The Blue Marlin comes up well short on this end. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was that the carpeting did not appear to be swept and still had quite a bit of sand in it from whoever stayed here last. In fact, I'm not entirely sure if the room had been cleaned much at all before we got here. To make matters worse, we got a corner room on the first floor which was basically next to the stairwell. Either way, this blocked all natural light from entering the room and gave it an odd mildew smell which was disconcerting. Pool was clean but very old. I'm going to assume that this type of room experience was due to traveling here on a busy weekend, and is not typical. However, despite the friendliness of the owners and the proximity to the beach, I can't recommend that you stay here. There are much nicer options I've stayed at in the Crest, including the Park Lane and the Caribbean.

Room Tip: If you get the lower level corner room, ask to be switched or stay elsewhere.
Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank infinitejourney
fairlawn nj
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have been staying at the Blue Marlin during the Elks Conventions and there is not a better
place to stay. Clean rooms and steps from the beach. Love the view from the 3rd floor patio.
Linda and Charlie just make you feel like part of the family. With everything changing to condo, it's good to know that old time shore feeling is still around at the Blue Marlin.
Thanks to Linda and Charlie and the crew it's always a great vacation.
captjack50

Room Tip: Try the room up top. A great view and and even better place to watch the sund go down.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
new jersey
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We liked this hotel and stayed here for many years with no problems, the location is great and staff is friendly. But this past year, we booked ahead and unfortunately it was the hurricane weekend. We called to try to cancel but Linda told us we would lose our deposit if we didn't show up. She said we will have a hurricane party, ha ha. Hello, they were talking about the "Storm of the Century" for the Jersey Shore!

So not wanting to lose our money, we packed, took the 3 hour drive, and when we showed up were told that there was a mandatory evacuation the next day, Oops sorry. We did not have to pay for the whole 3 nights, but I don't think we should have had to pay for even one night. The right thing to do is to call your guests and let them know, not try to stick them for a lousy hundred bucks. My kids were very upset and terrified about the coming storm.

Mind you we have been coming here for years, a phone call would have been nice, a refund for the night would have been the right thing to do. This is just not good business.

To add insult to injury, we were told we had to be out by 7 am.

No more stays in "Lindaland" for us.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank easternowl
New York
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I picked to stay at the Blue Marlin because It is a very family friendly hotel and although the rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant, The NOISE level was INSANE !!! This is by far the LOUDEST place I have stayed in Wildwood. I figured that the noise would die down as it got later into the evening since mlost guests seem to be families with young kidsbut that was not the case. I understand that it is Vacation but children yelling outside my room at 12AM and then again as early as 5AM !!! And from what I am told, Alot of these "Noisy" guests are regulars. The pool was Okay, Very small and there is not much around as far as Eateries, but there is PLENTY of LOUD Working/Construction/Garbage trucks at 4AM....!!! If you want a Quiter Hotel, Stay elsewhere !!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TamaraGB
Haverstraw, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I have been going to the Blue Marlin for 43 years and never want to go anywhere else!
It's just like home and Linda and Charlie are the BEST! The rooms are cleaned by the best cleaning staff anywhere and the location to everything can't be beat. Just steps to the best beach in the world.

Someday I will go there and never leave! That is how great it is at the Blue Marlin!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank beachchair_10
NJ
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Great family motel and a beautiful, clean pool. Very close to the beach and 2 grills to cook on.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family