“Love it!!!”

Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Baltimore, Maryland
“Love it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We just came back from our three night stay. We have been going there for years with our grand kids ,but this time it was just my husband and me since they are all grown..we loved. It just as much,great ocean front , clean rooms ,service and a very convenient coffee shop. The beach is long no matter where you are in Wildwood ,the location is the best,elevators not a big issue,just wish they fix the Internet ,even though it came on and off. . But will def go there again the next time..

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Management M, Manager at Adventurer Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write our review. Its nice to know that you came back to enjoy the beach, even without the kids or grand kids. Next time you come you won't have to worry about the internet...we are in the process of upgrading our system throughout the building. Hopefully you won't have interrupted service again. Can't wait to see you next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was our first time staying at the Adventurer for our annual summer family vaca to Wildwood. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the room, which is VERY IMPORTANT to me. LOVED the ocean view (even from our "partial ocean-view room). We also enjoyed the great pool and exercise facility (added bonus!). The restaurant downstairs was very convenient and the kids LOVED the pancakes. Another important feature was the front desk employees.....very polite, very quick check-in/out, and very friendly. THANK YOU!
The only three "Cons" about this place is the SNAIL pace elevators (there's only 2 and VERY SMALL), I would prefer the rooms a little more updated (that's just me) and last but certainly not least, the walls and doors DO NOT MUFFLE ANY NOISE (I always bring earplugs when I travel). Its an "inside" corridor therefore ANY noise stays within the hallways so with kids running up & down the hallways at ALL HOURS of the night it can get annoying. However, none would deter me from staying here again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Management M, Manager at Adventurer Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your review. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed everything that we have to offer at the Adventurer, including the pancakes! Thanks for overlooking the little things, like hallway noise and longer that usual elevators - sometimes things are out of our control. But, please let the front desk staff know the next time you have kids running up and down the halls. That is certainly an issue that we can take care of immediately. We can't wait to see you again next year!
Hunterdon County, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We have been going to Wildwood Crest for many years. In the past we stayed at the Acacia, which I was very fond of. But this year after we had booked our room, they called to say they were going to cut the end off of our vacation because "someone else wanted the room". That was so unacceptable we switched hotels and tried the Adventurer. I have mixed feelings about the Adventurer. The location was absolutely awesome. Walk out the back and on to the boardwalk. This was so convenient that it has probably ruined my ability to stay far out in the crest and have to drive to everything. Other pros were the in hotel restaurant which I thought was very good and the size of the room - we had a very large two bedroom - and housekeeping. But there were a number of cons. The cooking facilities were inferior. We had two small burners and if you used a normal sized fry pan you really couldn't use the second burner. Cooking family breakfast for 5 with one burner was an unwanted challenge. Additionally the burners seemed very weak. I had to have it up much higher than I would have on a normal stove and I was simply trying to cook eggs. Similarly, we missed the option of having a grill to make food as the Adventurer does not have these. Also, the two bedrooms were all on the 7th floor which was a threefold issue for us. The elevators were painfully slow and it was really too much walking for the kids to not take them. Also I did not feel secure with my kids out on such a high balcony (some people's kids that might not be an issue but my crew cannot be left on a 7th floor balcony unattended). Finally we were traveling with others who did not need two bedrooms so we could not even be on the same floor as our traveling companions. I wouldn't have minded some of these issues quite as much if this hotel weren't significantly more expensive than what we were used to, but we paid A LOT more for the location and very little else. Had a nice laundry room, but it was on the first floor. Pool was also nice and open til 10. Beach is across a one lane street - another plus for the location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your extensive review. We agree our location is our best asset. I will pass along your comments and suggestions to our management staff. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

As a child we always went to Wildwood for our family vacation and had stayed at many different places, but this was my first time at the Adventurer. Anyone who is familiar with Wildwood knows that the hotels have been around for many, many years so I was expecting the rooms to be overpriced, small and outdated. Boy was I surprised when I walked into our room at the Adventurer! We had stayed in a 3 room suite with 2 bathrooms and the room was spacious and updated. We had 2 bathrooms (a must with 3 teenage girls!), 2 balconies, 1 bedroom with a queen size bed and the other with 2 queen beds and a living room. There was plenty of room for everyone. The location was perfect as it is at the start of the boardwalk, yet it was very quiet. I loved the sun deck and there were plenty of chaise chairs on the sun deck and at the pool. I went with my sister and her family and it was great meeting on the sun deck and relaxing before we all went on the boardwalk for the night. She stayed in a 2 room suite and hers was just as spacious and clean.

The hotel is also directly across the street from Greene's bikes which I would highly recommend renting your bikes from. The owners were extremely friendly and their bikes were in really good shape. They will give you extra time so that you can stop on the boardwalk and have breakfast. I remember doing this as a kid and it was just as wonderful as I remembered.

The staff at the Adventurer are all very friendly and the maid service was exceptional. The only negatives about this hotel is that, as others have mentioned, the elevators are extremely slow. We always took the stairs, so it really didn't bother us. Also, there are no hand towels. They only have wash cloths and bath towels, which I thought was a bit odd.

Also, having a restaurant on the property was a nice bonus. We had breakfast there 2 times and both times were very good.

All in all this is a wonderful hotel and if we ever visit Wildwood again I would definitely stay at the Adventurer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Management M, Manager at Adventurer Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Our 3 rooms suites were also designed with your family in mind! All that I can do is apologize about the elevators. Even after a recent upgrade, we are still looking for a way to make them faster and more efficient. Between you and me, I prefer hand towels too. I honestly do not know why we do not provide them. In any case, I will be sure to pass along your comment to our management staff.

As for Green's, we love them too! They are very accommodating an genuinely love their business. It's great to hear that you got to "bike" down memory lane:)

I hope you decide to visit the Wildwoods again! We will always be here ready to create new memories while reminiscing the old! See you again my friend!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Hotel was very clean and staff was really helpful and friendly! Location was excellent. Just at northern edge of Wildwood Crest. Conveniently located next to beginning of the boardwalk yet, very quiet at night because all the attractions are roughly 1/4 mile north from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
We appreciate your fabulous review! We couldn't have said it better...so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon!!
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Hotel was centrally located, on the ocean and near the boardwalk. Our 6th floor oceanfront room(s) (two adjoining suites) although very plain were extremely clean and had a well stocked kitchen for cooking. The staff is amazing. EVERYONE we spoke to was professional and pleasant. The breakfast menu in the hotel restaurant is excellent, many items to choose from and the food was first rate. Our only complaint the internet. We could only get on our computers part of the time and when we could get up it was very slow.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the awesome review! It means a lot to us that you took the time to let everyone know about your stay. Rest assured that we are in the works of revamping and upgrading our wireless internet access. Glad to hear that you found the restaurant food as great as we do! Can't wait to see you again soon!!
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

The reason to pick the Adventurer is the location. We've stayed here a few times. It is right off the boardwalk, which makes it very convenient if you have kids. The rides are about a 1/2 mile or so away and you can either walk the boards or take the tramcar. The hotel has its good and not-so-good points. We've always found it to be very clean. It looks like it had a recent re-painting and carpeting. Check in was quick and very professional. The name may not say it, but this is a motel. You are going to bring your own stuff to your room, and nothing about this place is going to scream "luxury." You may have to drive around a bit to find a space to park and I believe that even in the larger rooms, you are only going to get parking for 1 car. Overall, I think the rates are fair.
If you are coming to Wildwood or the Crest, know that the walk to the water is very long--1/4 of a mile? This hotel is across a small road to the beach. However, Wildwood has great beaches. Very big and with very soft sand. The waves are usually pretty gentle.
This hotel is a pretty good place, but next time we are going to look into staying somewhere else.
Areas that could be improved include:
- The elevators. You can wait forever for an elevator, particularly during the time people are checking in and out each day. We walked down 5 flights of stairs a few times each day.
- The shampoo and soap. They left us 1 tiny bottle of shampoo each day for 4 people! The shampoo was barely enough for 2. We had to ask for more each day and sometimes they did not leave us more than 1. The soap bars are the tiny bars you get in cheap motels. By upgrading the shampoo and soap, this owners could give the hotel a quick, more upscale impression.
- The air conditioning. Not an easy fix, but the wall units don't cool the room well. We had an efficiency with kitchen and living room and a connected bedroom. The bedroom was hot.
- More racks to hang towels and bathing suits in the bathroom. The bathroom had one tiny towel bar. It wasn't even enough space for our bath towels.
- Parking for bikes. There was one small bike rack. It would be good if the hotel could add some more bike racks. People got very creative on where to park and lock up the bikes they brought. We locked ours to posts in the garage next to our car. Not optimal.
- The pool. The pool is small and it was very cold during our stay. I know the size is not something easily fixed. On the plus side, we were always able to get chairs and they were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant experience in spite of our perceived flaws. I will pass along your comments and recommendations to our maintenance and management staff for further review. In addition, I would like to comment on some of them individually.

The Pool - unfortunately there is nothing that I can do about the size of the pool. I can tell you though, that the temperature of the water is always set between 82-84 degrees. We cannot vary the temperature more or less because it will alter the PH and the chlorine requirements. Perhaps on the days during your stay, the air temperature made the pool seem colder than it actually was.

Bike parking - as much as we have tried, it is difficult to carve out additional space for bike parking and to accommodate car parking as well. One option we have tried was to eliminate a parking spot to make for bike parking, but with the influx of larger suites and larger groups sharing the larger suites, car parking was in higher demand. This isn't to say that we will not continue to attempt to make more room for bikes, its just we can only work within the limitations of our building and garage.

Our hotel - It seems that the definition you have regarding the difference of a motel and hotel is outdated or misunderstood. A hotel usually refers to an establishment that provides paid lodging, has interior hallways, is single or multi-storied, and provides numerous amenities (ie. swimming pool, restaurant, conditioning shampoo, hairdryers, in-room safes, cardio room, etc.) to increase lodging satisfaction. A motel, on the other hand, has less comforts (or no amenities), single or double storied buildings with only exterior entrances.

The Adventurer, while not fitting into your definition of a hotel, does meet the industry definition of a hotel. We are very proud that we are able to offer various comforts for our guests to enjoy compared to other establishments on the island. We never try to compete with luxury chain hotels because we know that we cannot. We are a private, family owned business and we continue to upgrade and improve our establishment for the benefit of our guests.

It seems likely that you will try another location for your vacation next year, and we welcome you to do that. However, we will always welcome you back with open arms if (and when) you decide to return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#5 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#4 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Adventurer Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!