“Clean, great location”
Review of Nassau Inn

Nassau Inn
Ranked #37 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here for a Wed, Thurs, Friday in May and had a great experience. We found the room to be very clean and the view was spectacular! This is not a luxurious room-but very clean and that is what is most important to me. I loved the fact that our place had tile floors-like that much better than carpet. The deck and pool area was huge and very pretty; I hope to come back during the summer with my son to take advantage of that. And there's a little excellent breakfast place right down the street too!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pixanne007

Reviewed 4 November 2012

For the two past year we rent a room in nassau inn and its really worth it! The staff is friendly and nice! Ask for a room at the third floor and up because the view is beautiful! The rooms are clean and the pool too!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Laurenceqc
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a sudden change in weekend plan at the end of September (off season) that allowed us to plan a last minute get away. Since we were in search of ta shore property to invest in Wildwood and the Crest area and the Nassau Inn had units available we contacted the Nassau Inn and confirmed that units available. This took place two days before out attended visit. An hour and a half after my reservation I received that my wifes mother had collapsed and was rushed the the hospital and the prognosis was poor. I contacted the same manager less than two hos after my first call (still well over 24 hours before planned arrival) and explained the situation. I requested a refund for the deposit. When the manager hesitated I suggested that since we still wanted to visit that the deposit be used for a rescheduled visit a few weeks later (still off season). The manager suggested I speak the owner to discuss... Well, I left messages and never received a return call. Instead my card was charged... So, I will never stay at the I will neither stay or recommend the Nassau Inn positively.

Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank RNoel11
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Had rooms on the busy Labor Day Weekend. Great view from top floor. Pool faces east so you loose sun early. This pool was empty while pool across street had people sunning for several more hours.

Overall a solid place to stay, very accommodating staff, clean rooms, new air conditioner and fridge. Overall pretty quiet, great night sleep and super close to beach.

The only downside is the shaded pool but some one has to face east.

You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor - best view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank read_a_map
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed at the motel for 2 nights at the end of August and had such a nice time we stayed another night last minute. The motel rooms are a bit dated. There are minor wear and tear but they are kept very clean and neat. The staff in the office was very helpful and extremely friendly. They had BBQs to use, lots of chairs and tables all around the property. Pool was a nice size. It wasn't too big of a place nor too small. We were on the 2nd floor which gave a nice view of the ocean. If you stay on the 5th floor you get spectacular views of the fireworks and the boardwalk. I seen the staff every night cleaning around the pool area and cleaning the BBQs. In the morning again, they had staff sweeping and cleaning up the outside. There was nothing fancy but it is kept up to be very clean which is important to me. There was a small cafe in the next motel that had a great breakfast. There was a vendor who came around on a truck every day with fresh fruit to buy and the ice cream truck made a daily appearance also, kids loved that. Bike path was right along side the motel. If your a late sleeper then beware of this: our room on the 2nd floor was right by the slide of the pool and when the pool opened up at 9AM kids where there ready to go! We are early rises so the noise was not an issue for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chainoil
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We recently took a four day family vacation to the beach, not knowing where to stay I searched hours on line looking at reviews and pictures. Finally I decided on a motel in Wildwood, after driving with 4 kids almost 10 hours we arrived at our motel ( I will not mention) the kids were tired and so was I. We were excited to get settled in our room. From the moldy elevator to the filthy room I was ready to scream. Having severe asthma I went to talk with the desk clerk telling him there was no way I could stay there and breath. The place reaked of smoke. At any rate he was kind enough to cancel our reservations. We got back in the car and started to drive down the beach looking and calling every motel along the way. Most of the nicer looking places were booked. Then we drove past the Nassau Inn and called the number. We were told they had a room available with a kitchenette and ocean view, now I was thinking what is wrong with this place that they had a room available. The desk clerk told us she would be happy to show us the room and so our adventure began. We pulled into the lot and went inside to the office I could not believe how clean and friendly the staff was. I was thinking what is the catch, and the answer was, there is no catch. The clerk opened the door to the room and my kids were so excited. I could not believe my eyes, the room was very large had a apartment size fridge, stove top, microwave, sink, dishes, pots, pans, dish towels, soap everything you needed was right there. Not to mention there was a separate room as a bedroom which had two beds in it. We also had two TV's one in the bedroom and one in the little living area with a dvd player, the couch also pulled out to a nice size comfortable bed. There was also a separate chair with an overhead light if you wanted to sit and read. A table with was in front of the window and you could see the ocean. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was great, there was plenty of warm water for all of us to shower. The balcony area, although not private had a slanted wall to maintatin your privacy. Our room was very clean, and well maintained, the beds were comfortable and anytime we asked for anything it was available. We did have a problem with turning our TV on in the bedroom, and before I could even hang up the phone, help was at the door. It turned out my daughter had unplugged the TV to plug in her phone. The outdoor swimming pool was awesome, with a slide, my kids loved it. The pool water was sparkling and very clean. There is also a grill and two decks to sit out and enjoy. The walk is really not far to the boardwalk and to get onto the beach, the Inn is very close to an entrance. The property is well maintained and you can tell the owners take pride in the property. I never really even considered this place because of some of the reviews. After staying there I really do not understand how anybody could write anything negative about the Nassua it was better than I ever imagined a beach place could be. My kids also enjoyed meeting the Golden Retriever I forget his name. We will be back I was very impressed, not only with the motel but the staff who treated us like royalty. Thank you all for making our trip a memorable one.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean and poolside view we stayed on the 5th floor I liked that because there was...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We were here the end of July for two nights. The room was clean and spacious enough for 2 adults and 3 children. We were on the 3rd floor with an ocean view and it was wonderful to look out the windows and see the ocean. The pool was a good size, the kids loved the slide. Access to the beach is right across the street.

We would definitely make this our first choice next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends