“Glad we gave it another try!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sand Dune Resort Motel
Ranked #42 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We have been staying at the Sand Dune on and off for years. The last time we stayed here, we had a few issues, and we weren't sure we were going to be back. We decided to give it another try this year. I am glad we did.

The rooms and property are very clean. They installed an elevator, it made it so much easier to bring our luggage up to the 2nd floor. Also, the "field" across the street was re-done with grass and a nice walkway to the beach.

The owners do a really great job! We will definately be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank haalni123
There are newer reviews for Sand Dune Resort Motel

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My family and I first stayed at The Sand Dune Motel last year. We loved it sooooo much we stayed twice with them. Linda works the front desk, She is as ALWAYS very courteous and professional no matter what time you speak to her. Her husband Ray and son hands down are always around to make sure the Motel stays very classy and clean.

We just did a one day stay with them this week and with the new elevator, it is much easier especially if you stay on the second or third floor. We are all booked for the end of August and yet another successful stay. The Sand Dune has become our second trip besides all of our other trips!!!

Believe us, you want the nice NJ Shore family treat, please, Sand Dune is the def. the place to stay and enjoy!!!!!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with the family, it is best to go with their rooms on the first floor!!! Nex...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AlexE143
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was my first time staying at Sand Dune. The check in was a snap. They now have an ELEVATOR which is a HUGE plus for the 3rd floor. The pool was clean. They have a game room, out side bathroom, grill under shaded areas, a small mini golf for children (free), there are plenty of lounge chairs and they also have plenty of shade as well. My room was very clean. There is no huge flat panel screen, but we are on vacation and how much time are we in the actual room? The room could be a little more updated, but the beds were new as well. Clean, friendly, great owners, great view and location. I would definately give it a chance, and I will go back. It was also very family oriented.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank citrusgirl3
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Perfect perfect perfect!!! The location, the cleanliness, the owners, the accommodations!!! We had a great time as a family for a week when we went. The price is perfect as well :) we will be back! I was nervous choosing a spot for an entire week with my 2 children ages 4 and 6 and my boyfriend. This was a big deal for us, and I couldn't have been happier with the way everything turned out and Sand Dune made it possible for us to really and enjoy our time together!

Room Tip: Second floor is the best way to go!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Melrose2015
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My family stayed at the Sand Dune for as many years as they went to wildwood when I was a child and my family and I returned there since I knew it was a decent place to stay. We had no issues. It was clean and well kept. I think the table and the TV stand/Dresser were the same ones there 20yrs ago but who cares, it's nice to go back to the good'ol days! :-) Just like every other Wildwood hotel things are very 70's! Great location too!! Wonderful now that what once was the sandy field is now a grassy play area. The view and the people are all so nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2012

First time in Wildwood. Had a great experience at the Sand Dune Motel. The owners, Linda and Raymond were very, very accomodating. They were friendly and considerate. Raymond is Most Definately "Not a Stalker". He is an owner keeping an eye on his property and looking things over at night. I never noticed him during the day, except helping around on the grounds. The rooms were decent and clean and everything in the room worked and had no problems at all. We have a family of 5 and we all fit comfortably. There was always hot water and shower pressure was good. The pool should be open later than 7pm and the arcade room needs another fan. The coffee in the morning was hot and yummy. The parking is tight, but hey, its a summer destination. The price was affordable, the room was decent and the owners were pleasurable. I would definatley be back next year and book with the SAND DUNE MOTEL.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank UpstateOBrienClan
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The motel should be called roach motel. I have been to wildwood for 30 years every summer and I have to say this was the worst experience I've ever had. The rooms weren't clean at all! The carpets weren't vaccumed and had crumbs from the previous people. The refrigerator was not cleaned, toilet broken/ wouldn't flush, faucet falling off in shower, black goo dripping through the ceiling, and the ac unit is only in one room and it's freezing in that room and boiling in the living room. The beds had mattresses with no box springs on boards which were extremely uncomfortable. We had 5 people in our room and occupancy goes up to 6. We went to pull out the sofa be for the 5th person and there was blood! The owner said they only clean it when thy know someone is going to use it and that we could've all squeezed into the two beds! They owners were mean. The pool closes at 7. The maids do not have anything but basic cleaning supplies on their cart to clean if they wanted to. I would recommend to stay far away from
The sand dune hotel! We will never be back and will let everyone know about our awful experience. We would've switched hotels but no where had vacancy to accommodate us and the owners would not refund us anything do I couldn't afford to go anywhere else at that point!

• Stayed: July 2012