“sand dune”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sand Dune Resort Motel
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
“sand dune”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have been staying at the sand dune for years, since I am little ctually , so about 40 years on and off. Wewent again this year, its very clean, the management is very nice, hotel is quiet and friendly people. Overall great experience again! The elevator is a welcome surprise!! We will be back!!

2 Thank sue t

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This Hotel was Nice. One of Our better stays in Wildwood. The maid left us extra towels which was nice being a family of 5 and the Management was really Kind and Helpful. The Pool was Great and very Clean. It was quiet at Night, No Unruly Guests which is Great since I have little kids.

1 Thank TamaraGB
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was by far the most unclean place I have ever stayed at. The manager was very unhelpful and had the personality of a chalkboard. We were overcharged for our stay, even after factoring in the ridiculous 14% tax on New Jersey hotels. Of course, the manager just blew us off. Our air conditioner did not work right and when we informed the staff of this they assured us they would install a new one... Of course, they never did even after reminding them countless times. The rooms stunk so badly and we were not the only people who said this.
They never change the sheets, even for incoming guests. The rooms were just... terrible. I felt like I was stuck in a bad 1950's motel that hadn't been updated since then... Oh wait, I was! So much work needs done to improve this motel. Needless to say, I will never be coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Alexei19
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We have been staying at the Sand Dune on and off for years. The last time we stayed here, we had a few issues, and we weren't sure we were going to be back. We decided to give it another try this year. I am glad we did.

The rooms and property are very clean. They installed an elevator, it made it so much easier to bring our luggage up to the 2nd floor. Also, the "field" across the street was re-done with grass and a nice walkway to the beach.

The owners do a really great job! We will definately be back!

1 Thank haalni123
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My family and I first stayed at The Sand Dune Motel last year. We loved it sooooo much we stayed twice with them. Linda works the front desk, She is as ALWAYS very courteous and professional no matter what time you speak to her. Her husband Ray and son hands down are always around to make sure the Motel stays very classy and clean.

We just did a one day stay with them this week and with the new elevator, it is much easier especially if you stay on the second or third floor. We are all booked for the end of August and yet another successful stay. The Sand Dune has become our second trip besides all of our other trips!!!

Believe us, you want the nice NJ Shore family treat, please, Sand Dune is the def. the place to stay and enjoy!!!!!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with the family, it is best to go with their rooms on the first floor!!! Nex...
2 Thank AlexE143
Burlington, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was my first time staying at Sand Dune. The check in was a snap. They now have an ELEVATOR which is a HUGE plus for the 3rd floor. The pool was clean. They have a game room, out side bathroom, grill under shaded areas, a small mini golf for children (free), there are plenty of lounge chairs and they also have plenty of shade as well. My room was very clean. There is no huge flat panel screen, but we are on vacation and how much time are we in the actual room? The room could be a little more updated, but the beds were new as well. Clean, friendly, great owners, great view and location. I would definately give it a chance, and I will go back. It was also very family oriented.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank citrusgirl3
Hebron, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Perfect perfect perfect!!! The location, the cleanliness, the owners, the accommodations!!! We had a great time as a family for a week when we went. The price is perfect as well :) we will be back! I was nervous choosing a spot for an entire week with my 2 children ages 4 and 6 and my boyfriend. This was a big deal for us, and I couldn't have been happier with the way everything turned out and Sand Dune made it possible for us to really and enjoy our time together!

Room Tip: Second floor is the best way to go!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family