“THE STAY FROM HELL!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ocean Holiday Motor Inn
Ranked #51 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We just came back from staying at the Ocean Holiday Motor Inn and it definitely isn't worth the $230 per night. The first room we were in the refrigerator was all rusted on the side we stayed in room 301. The coffee maker was dirty as was the floor. The shower head was missing in the shower and the light above the wobbly table was damaged. We had no hot water in the bathroom sink until we turned the shower on but there's more. When I went to bed I turned down the sheets and was welcomed by some type of bug wiggling all over the bed and I killed it immediately. We went down to the front desk and were told they have a wonderful cleaning staff and the exterminator goes once a week but must have missed this week. The manager on duty brought us clean sheets and asked what type of bug it was when we found an even bigger bug on the floor. We told her we needed to get out of this room. We were told we might have to stay in this room or move every night till the end of our trip, eventually we were given another room, which we moved to at 11:30 at night. We then stayed in room 310 which wasn't much better. The toilet didn't flush and we complained for 3 days. NO ONE SEEMED TO CARE! We also took cold showers one night because we couldn't get any hot water. There is only 1 elevator in this dump and I would never ever stay here again. The manager or owner never asked about our stay or checked on us since the first day of our nightmare ordeal. Be warned this place is dirty and not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cassandra E

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We haven't been in wildwood in over 10 years so we weren't sure what we were going to find but let me tell you this place is a great value. The room is nicely renovated and clean. We were pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank alexp12345
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I don't usually write these reviews but I want everyone to know that you have nothing to fear staying at this hotel. Very clean, friendly staff, great location, excellent pool and a great deal for your dollar!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank ushilde
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We were only go to stay for two nights...so this was a welcome retreat for such a short time. My mother & I stayed in one of the rooms with a private balcony on the beach. We had read the other reviews regarding the step down into the room, etc. While I too was disappointed by the 7pm curfew on the pool, I noticed that many other hotels had the same on their signs. The desk stated insurance...but who knows? I still don't know why the whole state of NJ is full service at gas stations either, it's just "one of those things" to us outsiders. I was very happy about the pool not getting much sun, as I don't like to get sun. The 8-9 foot depth of the pool was great...as was the waterfall. It was clean enough, and certianly large enough for most. I LOVED the retro feel of the entire area. The names and colors of the properties along Ocean Ave were a delight. Especially as I usually go to Panama City, which is so very homogenized...and nothing but HUGE glass & steel "resorts" filled with young college kids drinking at beach clubs.

I hope to return next year for a full week or hopefully two!

Room Tip: I prefer the private balcony option if available...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Clean, Larger rooms than some other hotels in the area. Watch that 6 inch step down into every room. That could cause a problem for the elderly, if staying with you. Every room has an ocean view but faces northeast. You only get the sun in the morning. The pool is heated and very clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. will go back again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank thetrainman
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Clean, friendly, good value, well appointed amenities.
Our family drove to Washington DC for a weeks vacation. Our intention was to spend some time in DC then head to a beach somewhere for the rest of our trip. The kids chose Wildwood, because they had fond memories from there when they were little. We drove into town on Tuesday morning looking for a place to stay. We wanted a kitchen because we were tired of eating out. The Ocean Holiday Resort did not disappoint. They also had gas grills by the pool so we cooked out. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank BeeEffGee
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I would not recommend this hotel. I stayed here several years ago with my family 3 times. This week I called there to see about availability of a room for Memorial Day Weekend and immediately the lady on the phone insinuated I was too young to rent a room at the hotel even though I am 29.

When I queried as to why they would not rent to a 29 year old she said that they will not rent to young adults even though their website makes no mention of this policy. I would highly recommend to avoid any establishment that immediately judges people based on age.

• Stayed: May 2011