We decided to book a last minute trip with our friends and stayed for 3 nights at the Four Winds. What I learned while staying there is that each unit in the motel is individually owned and therefore individually decorated and "stocked". We stayed in a D unit which had a kichenette and separate bedroom with a semi ocean view. Before booking a did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions to make sure we were booked in a room that would meet our needs. Reading a lot of the reviews about outdated decor led me to ask the front desk when was the last time our particular room was renovated and we were told it was updated 4 years ago.
Overall we had a very nice stay. I think maybe some of the people who have written poor reviews made need to adjust their expectations. This is a 2 star motel. For a 2 star motel we felt that the value and experience was great. Free wifi, nice pool, free parking, grills, several balcony lounge areas, free coffee at the front desk and best of all... only steps from the beach!!
We went to the beach everyday. Each morning the beach is combed at sunrise and its very clean. There are umbrella and chair rentals on the beach, but we brought our own so I dont know who much to rent.
Loretta, from the front desk was very sweet and accommodating. When we decided to stay an extra day she allowed us to stay in our first room past check out time while our new room was cleaned. I felt like she went out of our way to make us comfortable and happy.
The pool is heated, but mostly in the shade so a little chilly. We went for a swim each afternoon after the beach.
Overall we had a great stay and I would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Winds is located directly on the beach in southern Wildwood Crest. Motel Room, One and Two Room Efficiencies and a two-bedroom efficiency are available for rent. Ocean Front two room efficiencies also available. Gorgeous views of beach and ocean from decks and most rooms. Amenities include an elevator, BBQ Grills, heated pool, guest laundry, daily maide service and a video arcade game room. Family specials available. Four Winds is a nonsmoking building. We are conveniently located just a short distance from boating, fishing, miniature golf, water sports, shopping and restaurants. Wildwood Boardwalk is just a short drive or trolley ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Winds
- Four Winds Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Four Winds Wildwood Crest