“Beachfront access”

Acacia Beachfront Resort
Ranked #13 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Decided last minute to head to the shore...researched lots of motels/hotels prior to purchase...very pleased w my choice. The room was on the second floor...access to grills and multiple tables and chairs that anyone can use-would be great with multiple families gathering outside the room to all eat together. The entrance to beach access immediately next to parking lot/garage.
Inside the room was a nice little stocked kitchenette w microwave and fridge/freezer, dining room with seats for 4 and pullout sofa bed. We got a bedroom w 2 double beds...both of which actually had clean sheets. I'm a freak when it comes to inspecting beds before I get in them while on vaca. I feel comfortable and safe and the older gentleman downstairs in lobby was accommodating with all requests.
Only thing I would do differently is prolly call the office directly before booking online to check their prices. While standing at desk during check-in, I overheard a phone call saying he had a room left for $150 less/night than what I paid online. Oh well...still had a great time at the shore!
Wildwood Crest (where motel is located) is perfect distance between Cape May and wildwood with each being only 2-3 miles away.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Trvlgurl114
KPalek, Manager at Acacia Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2015

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a great review for the Acacia.
Your explanations of our amenities are sure to help any future guests who are thinking of staying with us.
I am glad that you were pleased with your stay. I hope we have you back as our guest in 2015 and hopefully we can exceed your expectations once again.

All The Best,
Kevin Palek
P.M. Manager

There are newer reviews for Acacia Beachfront Resort

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family & I went the Acacia a week ago and we really liked it. It was clean, well maintained, the pool was very nice & we had a nice view to the beach. We have nothing bad to say about the service or the appearance of the motel. Our only issue was that we took a small radio to listen to music & apparently that was bothering other guests which caused the manager to ask us to lower it down. Very weird for people that are "supposedly" going on vacation to enjoy themselves. Also, the manager said music has to go off @ 11pm because it was city law. Well, we had some relatives staying @ Armada Motel that same week & they had no trouble or complaints about the music. We went over around 1am & music was on & no one complaining, if anything they were enjoying it. Besides this, no complaints, everything else was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in front of the beach, they looked more private and like no one would bother you o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonaissy S
RMECKE, General Manager at Acacia Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for the review. We hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We booked an oceanfront room for 3 nights. Got to the hotel and were told ocean front was not available but they moved us to a bigger room-which was parking lot front. I later came down and said I was not happy, that I booked ocean front and that is what I wanted. after looking at the computer screen all if the front desk staff started whispering and went into the other room. When they came back they said they only had ocean front for the last night of our stay. I didn't believe them for a second after all of the whispering. So I had my sister in law call and say she wanted ocean front for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. VOILA! She was told there was oceanfront available. So I went back down and was told I would be moved to oceanfront the next day. The next day when picking up our New keys we were given NOTHING but a bad attitude from the manager. When we said "sorry, we don't normally complain, but we booked ocean front and.." she cut us off and said "well you have it now don't you?" totally rude. I also found two black pieces of mystery dirt in my bed when I turned it down at night. Bottom line, if you want what you book and basic customer service go with a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank familyvacationers14
RMECKE, General Manager at Acacia Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience and mix up with your room, but i can assure you it was not a bait and switch. We have two types of oceanfront rooms. The one you booked was a small room with two beds and a kitchenette and a shared patio. The other oceanfront which is more expensive is a two room suite with a private balcony. On the day of your arrival there was a mix up and your room was not available. Neither was the larger more expensive oceanfront. I was at the doctors office with my elderly father and my staff did not know what to do so they put you in an oceanview room which was actually a larger , more expensive room than what you booked. They thought you would not mind because it was a nicer room. When you were not happy, I assured you that I would move you to an oceanfront the next day either the smaller one that you had booked or the larger one which was much more money than the one you paid for. I was able to move people around in order to move you to the oceanfront which you had originally booked. I apologize if i came across as being rude. It was not my intention. If you would like to come back again, I would be happy to compensate you for the inconvenience which you experienced with the room mix up.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I took a trip to the beach without reservations. I spend hours going from place to place trying to get a room I could afford. One of the many was the Acacia. While they didn't have anything available, the owner, Betsy, went out of her way and called several other places for me and found a place that had a vacancy. She also helped me avoid a parking ticket while she was calling by pointing out the bike cop. While the place with the vacancy was well out of my range, i was very kind of Betsy to help me out like that. Later when I had given up on a room and decided to just spend the day and then go home, Betsy allowed me to use the facility shower and changing room so I didn't have to go home and sandy/salty from the ocean. With such great service to a nonpaying customer, I can only imagine how great the service would be if I actually was staying there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

We are always glad to help out a weary traveler. Come back again when you can stay longer.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was my 25th year going to Acacia with my family and friends. This year we had 9 rooms on the same floor. The kids as well as the adults had a fabulous time. I am already seeing if I can squeeze in another visit in August. Love the location on the beach! I also love that the kids can take the trolley right to the boardwalk...It stops on the corner of the hotel. The room is big enough to accommodate 6 and is spotless. As Always, Robin and Betsy are welcoming and always make us feel like family. I highly recommend Acacia.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria D

Thanks for the nice review! We always enjoy having your family at the Acacia. Hope to see you again soon. Bailey too!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have been staying at the Acacia since the 1990's with my family. Great location, beach is not as crowded as locations further north in Wildwood Crest. Just a short ride to Boardwalk and Cape May. Rooms are always spotless and stocked with plenty of towels. Betsy and Robin are always pleasant and accommodating. Will be back next year for our annual long weekend--can't wait!

Room Tip: We love to stay in an oceanfront room with the private balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy C

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you keep coming back to the Acacia. We enjoy having you as our guest. Looking forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family (2 kids ages 12 and 8) and my sister (1 kid age 10) stayed here (we reserved 2 rooms) last week. This is our 2nd time to visit Wildwood Crest, but 1st time to stay at Acacia. The property is right on the beach and a good distance from the boardwalk which is great. The property is very clean, the rooms are big enough. The staff were very friendly as well. The property have comfortable beds, lots of drawers and a closet to put your clothes. The kitchenette were stocked as well, and includes a fridge, oven toaster, coffeemaker (kinda old though).
I have to point out though that where we stayed, the faucets were really hard to turn on, and the pots/pans needs to be replaced. I am only bringing this up so that the management can improve. My sister's room has almost all pots and pans fairly new.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. Very comfortable and nice place to stay. Will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Wildwood Crest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments as well as your suggestions for improvement. We hope you come back again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#18 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort
The Crusader Oceanfront Family R...
#15 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Acacia Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!