“Exceptionally clean, lots of amenities”

Acacia Beachfront Resort
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
clifton NJ
“Exceptionally clean, lots of amenities”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was very surprised when I opened the door to the hotel and found a whole kitchenette, dining room table and couch! I thought this would be a great place for a family that was staying for longer than a weekend. I was also very happy to find the place clean when I got there, which isn't an easy feat with some of these bathrooms.
The towels and bedding were definitely of lower quality but that was no problem since we got a great deal on the place. Also quiet at night which is a plus for light sleepers like me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
RMECKE, General Manager at Acacia Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thanks for the review. Glad you liked your room. We do try to keep our place exceptionally clean!
Looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Oglesby, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I can't say enough about the wonderful time we had during our recent stay. The staff is friendly and attentive; the room is spacious, clean and well appointed; and the location is PERFECT! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
KPalek, Manager at Acacia Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2015
Dear Jason,
Thank you very much for your Excellent Review. Your kind words about our property, rooms and staff are greatly appreciated. We couldn't be happier to know that you had an awesome time here at Acacia. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
We hope that we will become your new "usual spot" and that we have you as our guest for 2015.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your stay with us on Trip Advisor.

Kind Regards,
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I researched a lot of beach front motels in an attempt to find something clean and affordable, and with a rear-ward bedroom for my kids, as our usual spot was already booked. This place rocks. For the shore, it gets five stars all day. Clean everywhere, quiet and right on the beach. The pool was heated and clean and the bbq grills on the deck above the pool were always on and being cleaned by someone who worked there. We had our 10 and 8 year old kids sleep in the rear bedroom and we slept on the pull out couch which was new and a normal size for 2. The Kitchen was fine...we did breakfast in the room every day looking out at the ocean. This is a quiet neighborhood in wild wood crest and we liked that. The staff seemed outgoing and was very nice and friendly when needed for things like quarters or pillows. WIFI was solid.

1 Thank Jason S
Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you like the Acacia and hope you come back again real soon.
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome place to stay, it's clean, in a perfect location, staff is very nice and helpful, rooms are large! There is a wood walkway right out front that leads to the large clean beach! There is also a volleyball net on the beach right out front! They have a clean pool and patio area with grills overlooking the ocean!! There is also an outdoor shower to rinse off before heading up to your room!!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Kait W
KPalek, Manager at Acacia Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2015
Thank you so much for being our guest. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope that we have you back in the future!
Your explanation of our property is sure to help other guests. Thank you again.

Kind Regards,
P.M. Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Decided last minute to head to the shore...researched lots of motels/hotels prior to purchase...very pleased w my choice. The room was on the second floor...access to grills and multiple tables and chairs that anyone can use-would be great with multiple families gathering outside the room to all eat together. The entrance to beach access immediately next to parking lot/garage.
Inside the room was a nice little stocked kitchenette w microwave and fridge/freezer, dining room with seats for 4 and pullout sofa bed. We got a bedroom w 2 double beds...both of which actually had clean sheets. I'm a freak when it comes to inspecting beds before I get in them while on vaca. I feel comfortable and safe and the older gentleman downstairs in lobby was accommodating with all requests.
Only thing I would do differently is prolly call the office directly before booking online to check their prices. While standing at desk during check-in, I overheard a phone call saying he had a room left for $150 less/night than what I paid online. Oh well...still had a great time at the shore!
Wildwood Crest (where motel is located) is perfect distance between Cape May and wildwood with each being only 2-3 miles away.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Trvlgurl114
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a great review for the Acacia.
Your explanations of our amenities are sure to help any future guests who are thinking of staying with us.
I am glad that you were pleased with your stay. I hope we have you back as our guest in 2015 and hopefully we can exceed your expectations once again.

All The Best,
P.M. Manager
Passaic, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family & I went the Acacia a week ago and we really liked it. It was clean, well maintained, the pool was very nice & we had a nice view to the beach. We have nothing bad to say about the service or the appearance of the motel. Our only issue was that we took a small radio to listen to music & apparently that was bothering other guests which caused the manager to ask us to lower it down. Very weird for people that are "supposedly" going on vacation to enjoy themselves. Also, the manager said music has to go off @ 11pm because it was city law. Well, we had some relatives staying @ Armada Motel that same week & they had no trouble or complaints about the music. We went over around 1am & music was on & no one complaining, if anything they were enjoying it. Besides this, no complaints, everything else was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in front of the beach, they looked more private and like no one would bother you o...
1 Thank Jonaissy S
RMECKE, General Manager at Acacia Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for the review. We hope you come back again soon!
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We booked an oceanfront room for 3 nights. Got to the hotel and were told ocean front was not available but they moved us to a bigger room-which was parking lot front. I later came down and said I was not happy, that I booked ocean front and that is what I wanted. after looking at the computer screen all if the front desk staff started whispering and went into the other room. When they came back they said they only had ocean front for the last night of our stay. I didn't believe them for a second after all of the whispering. So I had my sister in law call and say she wanted ocean front for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. VOILA! She was told there was oceanfront available. So I went back down and was told I would be moved to oceanfront the next day. The next day when picking up our New keys we were given NOTHING but a bad attitude from the manager. When we said "sorry, we don't normally complain, but we booked ocean front and.." she cut us off and said "well you have it now don't you?" totally rude. I also found two black pieces of mystery dirt in my bed when I turned it down at night. Bottom line, if you want what you book and basic customer service go with a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank familyvacationers14
RMECKE, General Manager at Acacia Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
My sincere apologies for the inconvenience and mix up with your room, but i can assure you it was not a bait and switch. We have two types of oceanfront rooms. The one you booked was a small room with two beds and a kitchenette and a shared patio. The other oceanfront which is more expensive is a two room suite with a private balcony. On the day of your arrival there was a mix up and your room was not available. Neither was the larger more expensive oceanfront. I was at the doctors office with my elderly father and my staff did not know what to do so they put you in an oceanview room which was actually a larger , more expensive room than what you booked. They thought you would not mind because it was a nicer room. When you were not happy, I assured you that I would move you to an oceanfront the next day either the smaller one that you had booked or the larger one which was much more money than the one you paid for. I was able to move people around in order to move you to the oceanfront which you had originally booked. I apologize if i came across as being rude. It was not my intention. If you would like to come back again, I would be happy to compensate you for the inconvenience which you experienced with the room mix up.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#5 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#3 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Acacia Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!