“Great location.”
Review of Monterey Resort

Monterey Resort
Ranked #59 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We booked our trip 2 day before. I was expecting a dirty smelly place for a 2 stars motel, but actually I was surprise of the cleanest of the place. It needs work and the units are a little dated, but the place was REALLY clean, the rooms did not smell and the pool was also very clean. Nothing fancy but I will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Hola12353

Reviewed 9 July 2010

This place is right on the beach! nothing could be closer. There is a great pizza place right next door ( you make a left at the sand). Monterey has a pool, bbq and outdoor shower to wash the sand off. The price is the lowest you can get for beachfront rooms. The new manager is really nice. I got room 315 which is the best room because it is furthest from the pool and noise on the third floor, no one walks by because it is and end unit and i am a light sleeper. Plus you can see the ocean right from the door. Also great AC in this unit and hbo in both room. I will stay in that room again if i can. bring your own booze because the local prices are high.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank kevin028
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I have stayed here for several years and just to add a side note there is a new manager there for this year 2010 for anyone who had a problem with the old manager...The rooms are each owned privately this is true. I request # 315 it is clean and UTD has nice decor and the owner just bought a new sleeper and the beds in this unit are great. It is the last unit on the 3rd floor so it is quiet,(only one neighbor on the left.) no one on top of me! So you may want to Choose your unit to get one that the owners keep UTD.
One thing i did notice is, if you want a short stay ( 2 -3 days) you need to call the hotel direct since on the web it will not let you book less than a 4 night stay, but you can by calling direct or as a walk in.. there is a free grill for cooking , you can eat on the patio, and plenty of places that deliver as well. I like that it is right on a free beach that is clean, not crowded and noisy. Its not at a boardwalk so I do not have the kids asking me to buy them things all day- however a fruit truck and ice cream truck does stop by the hotel.. Pool is warm and there a great patio to sit on at night at enjoy the air

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Philly2009
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I liked the Monterey. It's location is great, six steps off the pool area and your on the beach. It also has a great big gas grill that we used several times for dinner and lunch. The kids enjoyed the ping pong table, shuffle board, pool table and the nice pool.
The room was clean and fresh (302), but I little small for six people. It had two double beds and a pull out couch that was really a futon.
Jeanne the Manager is so nice and helpfull. We booked for next year when we checked out.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Darrenh66
Reviewed 28 August 2009

OK overall being an snob with hotels I did not have alot of expectations for the hotel...with that is mind first impression was oh what did we get ourselves into...then we checked out our room and I was pleasantly surprised that the room was CLEAN! It had no muffy smell and it was decorated ok for a shore town. Would I stay here again? Probably right on the beach, nice pool, quiet for my family. Nice family time!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank vsionquestautoglass
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The location is great - right on the beach. Our room was fine. The manager, however, was the rudest person I have recently encountered. She screamed at my husband in front of my children and called them animals. When it was made clear she was yelling at the wrong person and that we were not the guilty party, she continued to yell until I demanded an apology. We received a mumbled half-apology. My kids were horrified, to say the least. We Will never come back to the Monterey.

• Stayed: June 2009
5  Thank kdbNewYork
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This place is horrible!!! We checked in and left to attend a wedding and upon return realized the AC was not working. The management is incredibly rude and offensive. The woman running the place actually used vulgarity and threatened to f'in break my arm if I touched her bell again because I was ringing her doorbell at 11 p.m. The room was too hot to sleep in and we could not open the windows because there were no screens. All I wanted was a room with AC. She said there were no other rooms (which seemed strange to me because there were only about 4 hotel guests). After being screamed at and having a door slammed in my face, I finally got a new room. I would never ever stay here again. This place is too far of a walk to the boardwalk and the pool is filthy. For the same price I would highly recommend going elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple