“Love, Love the Madrid”

Ranked #52 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Montclair, New Jersey
“Love, Love the Madrid”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We just booked our upcoming stay for the 2014 season and we're so excited. We stayed there last season and had a fantastic vacation. You cannot beat the location, walk out your door and step on the beach. We stayed in unit 306 and it was beautifully decorated. I loved that the room had bunk bed for the kids and a full be for my husband and I. The room was spotless and management and staff were superb!!

Room Tip: Just view the rooms on the website and pick which one you want.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary C

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bolton, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My family had a great time at the Madrid. We stay Sept 2013. We booked our room from Homeaway.com being it was my first time to book a vacation via internet, I was a bit worried with all the bad reviews I read. All I have to say is that my family had a wonderful time. Our room was updated and clean. The A/C did cool the whole unit, even though it was in the front and the bedroom was in the back and yes, the owner did mention we have to bring our own linens, which was fine. I'd rather bring my own as I know they were washed. We had a beautiful view of the beach and the beach just steps away. The manager was great, very helpful. The premises was always cleaned, garbage cans were emptied out twice a day, if needed. Pool as clean and heated. My kids loved it. Check it out for yourself before making your decision, not everyone has the same expectations. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 202, is great!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank nancy c
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Booked 3 nights thru Booking.com for Labor Day weekend. Paid almost $600 and when checked-in, found out ugly old efficiency room with the policy not to provide towels, linens, toiletries. You need to bring your own linens and towels, etc or you can rent them for $5-6 dollars a piece! There is no phone in the room. Mattresses are very old and squeaky. Never seen anything like this before. Also, you have to clean the room yourself! Is this a "Resort" or what? Photo of the stairs in emergency condition from my room attached. Never, never use this!
Lenny K. Brooklyn, NY

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Integrum
MadridCondos, Manager at Madrid Oceanfront Condominiums, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear tenant, I feel terrible that you did not enjoy your time at the Madrid. In the response that I sent you through Booking.com I did apologize for you inconveniences. The Madrid Oceanfront Condominiums are exactly that, Condominiums. We do not advertise as a motel and that is why we do not provide motel services. As our website states we do not provide linens, you have the option to bring you own or use our linen service. When you arrived with no linens I did provide you our linens at no charge. Each unit is owned by an individual owner and every unit differs as far as furniture and décor. The unit you stayed in, unit 402, has been updated last year. The living room and dining furniture is only one year old. The owners have done a very nice job in updating their unit. As a condominium we do not provide phones in the units, again I apologize if this was an inconvenience to you. As for the stairwell, we are in the process of making many updates to the building. This particular stairwell is under repair. We do have another stairwell which was just 3 doors down from your unit and another stairwell on the far end of the building. There is also an elevator for your convenience. I only wish you would have addressed these and any other issues with me while you here so we could have tried to improve your stay. Our goal is to make sure all our tenants are satisfied with their stay.

Thank you, Karen M. Coleman
Rental Manager

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great location beautiful view. I had a great time the room was very very clean and nice. I recommend this hotel and look at the pictures now they are individually owed I chose room 304. I will be back next year for sure .

Room Tip: Look at the pictures posted on line.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Kellydotts
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Great location, horrible 'condo'. I don't know where to start. Paid almost $600 for Labor Day weekend. For $100 more we could have & should have stayed at a real condo two blocks away. This is a rundown old efficiency motel. There is nothing nice about it. I don't know where these indoor pics were taken but our room is GROSS. If I can post pictures I will. I would never recommend this place or ever stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Joklice
Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed 13 August 2013

After reading many poor reviews we were hesitant to book a room at the Madrid, but we needed to stay in the area and they had rooms available. I called the front desk and they convinced me that after the new property management company took over everything changed for the better. They were correct. We had a clean room with new appliances, great view of the beach, fun times at the pool and the hotel employees were wonderful.

My advice is to confirm that you are booking a newly renovated room. My cousin stayed in the room next door and her experience was more mediocre. I met the owner of the condo next to ours - he was there cleaning up before the new guests came and he let me see his condo. His was even better than ours. So it pays to look at all the photos on line and then call to talk with someone.

Re: our stay in general - we had a blast. We rode our bikes to the boardwalk every morning, then hit the pool and beach for the day and had a nice dinner each night. Wildwood is great for family vacations.

One more tip: if you eat at the restaurant in the Madrid - be prepared to have a long meal. The food is GREAT - but they only have one chef so if there are multiple tables seated you will wait for your meal. Bring lots of wine and enjoy the time there!

Room Tip: Call the front desk before you book to make sure your room has been renovated.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Lorelei D
Maple Shade
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Great unit, We stayed on the 5th floor and the room was completely updated. We were able to check in early and there was very friendly service, Clean room, Awesome view!!! We even had free hotdogs by the pool. We Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family