“been coming for 29years”

American Safari Motel
Ranked #29 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 7 April 2013

ive been staying at the safari since i was a baby,,,,way before adamo owned it!! i love the safari it is very close to the boardwalk and the beach. around the holiday weekends the safari along with the gondolier throw very nice parties for their guests. the rooms are so much better since they took up the rugs and now have hardwood floors. the workers and maids are very nice as well as adamo and adam. the rooms are very clean! the only thing i would love to see different is the pool are kept a little cleaner...the chairs are light yellow so sometimes they can get a little dirty looking..also the sides of the pool are often alittle dirty...but besides those 2 minor things i love the safari and the gondolier. adam and his dad as well as the staff are great!!

1  Thank 509jackiem509

Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

To start off the owners would never ask a guest who has reservations to leave the area when they arrive an hour early or even 5 hours early as we do every year. Second each unit is allowed only one vehicle to park and that is at all motels. Third at the time of your sons arrival, was the room even ready for check in and you neglected to mention in your review if you arrived at the check in time, which I might add is 3pm. You also mention yourself that your son can be arrogant at times. Did he disrespect the owner. Wouldn't know that would you cause you yourself said you didn't arrive til an hour later. As far as you getting sick and the phone not working in room, if you were that ill, you should have called 911 just like anyone would do in an emergency. Next time make sure your cell phone is always charged. I do. Don't make it sound like it was the owners fault about your illness. Sounds to me the only person with the attitude was you. The owners of not only the american safari but several of the motels in the area are friendly, professsional and have a great relationship with many if not 95% of their guests. No one is perfect. I say jolly oh to you and pip pip. I am returning to this establishment for my 24th year and can't wait for memorial day weekend to see my dear friends who we have met and also return every year to this fine and friendly motel.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank agitator1
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I was really looking forward to the 2 bedroom suite @ Amercan Safari and also since I read good reviews about the owners I was sure I'd have a good time there. I was wrong :-( My son and his friend got there before us, about an hour or so, he gave our name and said we would arrive shortly, the owner not only didn't let him park there or wait on the grounds for us, he asked them to get up as they were sitting in front of someone's room, he should have showed him where our room was and let him sit there and wait or told him to use the pool since it was pretty hot that day. We booked the 2 bedroom suite and were told the amount to be paid when we got there which I had ready, I have the e-mail stating we would be 3 or 4 people!. When we checked in we had to pay an exrta $40.00 for my son and his friend?? I said it says sleeps 4 ppl and I have the e-mail to prove that is what I was quoted for before coming down. I think they didn't like my son for whatever reason, he is very polite but a little arogant at times so you take that out on my pocketbook?? not very nice. I also got sick one nite there in the middle of the nite and the next day when my hubby asked for the number for the police Dept. the owner tells him look it up in the phone book or come to tell him if there is any problems, he musta thought it was to complain about noisey guests but it was really for the fact that the in room phone doesn't work and I woke up in severe pain and sweating and the room phone was dead! my cell was dead too, good thing nothing bad happened, the owner (Adomo) had an attitude about it though? The parking was so tight I got not one but 2 dings on my new car which suks...pool is kinda teeny as well as the grounds around it. Overall all I really liked was the rooms, very clean and able to walk to the boardwalk if you want. I am going back to my old stomping grounds...The Jolly Roger who are wonderful and parking, pool and ppl that work there are great too! addios A.S!

4  Thank JoJo B
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

I just return from another great season at the american safari motel. Not only did we enjoy the 50s show but we had a great time enjoying the great entertainment and food they provided for all of their returning and new guests. We have already booked our vacation time for next year starting with memorial day weekend and also august. We can't wait and I am sure we will be calling with 2 to 3 additional reservations too. Thanks again to the pipetones and their wonderful employees who make us feel like we are family. Can't wait for may 2013.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Once again my family had a great end of the season staying at the AMERICAN Safari Motel in wildwood crest nj. We went down for not only to enjoy the 50's weekend but to close out our summer at our favorite place to stay. The owners threw a great end of the season party with food,drinks and great music. They always make sure the guests have an enjoyable and welcoming stay. We have already book our stay for memorial day weekend and our August week but I can guarantee you we will be calling to stay 2 to 3 additional times in between. Thanks for a great summer.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Wonderful place to stay!!! This was our 6th summer staying at the Safari and we couldn't be happier. It is clean, convenient and the staff is great. You are across the street from the beach and an ice cream store. You can rent bikes 2 blocks away and the boardwalk is 3 blocks away. There are 2 great restaurants (Italian and Mexican) within a few blocks. Stone Harbor and Cape May are both 30 minutes away and well worth a day trip. Best of all you are out of the hustle and bustle of the main drag yet close enough if you want the boardwalk. My family vacationed across the street when I was little and we have found that not much has changed in the 25 years since we were last there and we will continue to go back every summer and always stay at the American Safari. Mr. Adam and his family have been wonderful and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed 31 August 2012

we went here after reading an average reviews from trip advisor and after looking online, the price is reasonable (i wanted to go initially to days inn). the only difference they have is that they don't offer complimentary breakfast, only coffee and cookies. Nevertheless, there's places to eat around (McDonalds, diners, and some cafe shops along the boardwalk). And speaking of boardwalk, it's close to the motel and if u hate starting off by walking the long stretch of the boardwalk, a tram is available for a $2.50 fare each way, or you could rent bikes also.

Going back to the motel, here are some items for comments

PARKING - it's free, and in most motels around, it's narrow. it's good i have a minivan and didn't have to worry about kids swinging the door abruptly and hitting the other car next to us. upon checking in, you'll be given a permit to park that u have to display by hanging in your front mirror. and again, be careful where to park especially at the back of the motel coz luckily, no dent appeared in my back bumper when another car "kissed" it when he was backing up. if he's a professional driver, he'll be aware how much space he has in backing up! and upon checking out, they allow you to park your car there still if you wanna go back to the beach/boardwalk

ROOM - upon entering the room, it smelled like people who came from the ocean. the staff could have sprayed something (febreeze). but later on, the smell disappears. the beds were neat, they have a microwave, refrigerator and my kids were laughingly joking that the television was on top of the refrigerator! airconditioning was good. going back to the TV, the remote control wasn't working, maybe it needed batteries. i tried to call the desk with their phone inside the room and the phone wasn't working. though i didn't come there to watch tv so the remote was not a problem and it's good i dont have any real emergency that i don't have to worry about a non-working phone (they still need to check on that though). and our room location was on the first floor and was worried that we might not get a quiet sleep since the pool is just across from us but the pool is good only until 9pm which is good. and we're lucky that no people loitered in front of our room. though in as much i wanted an ocean view (you have be to on the 3rd floor), we got the convenience of not climbing up the steps everytime we leave and get back to our rooms especially we have kids with us.

BATHROOM - was neat, enough towels, they have soaps and bathroom cups available. if you need more towels, the cleaning lady comes the next day to provide new towels too (unless u don't want to the lady to come in to your room when you're outside, you might wanna tell the desk coz they don't have that door sign, "don't disturb").

POOL - was clean also, small but it depends on how many people uses it. anyway, u can also access the pool at aztec where the office is and is more ideal for kids because in american safari, the pool gets 7 feet deep.

the popular question is, should we go back here again? i like trying other places but if the rates are still higher in other places, i have no reason not to come back here again.

2  Thank snoopy N Y