“Close to everything” 5 of 5 bubbles

American Safari Motel
Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Close to everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Been coming to American safari for years. Nice owner, clean rooms. Very accommodating. Close to boardwalk, quiet without missing much . Would recommend hotel and staff.
We will be coming back year after year

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I love the safari Adamo and his son are great! Have been coming here since I was a kid , now I have my own family and we love it here. They truly appreciate their customers by throwing little parties. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean..needs a lite updating but can't complain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Adamo and his family know what they are doing. They own the Gondolier, Aztec, and American Safari - the latter two which were dives before they took over. The rooms are impeccably clean, like not even dust bunnies under the bed. Furniture and decorations are light and airy, and they update things on a regular basis. This year's updates to our room were new sleeper sofas and a flat screen TV for the living room :) The bathrooms are even clean and updated! They put things in the room that other hotels don't, like dish soap, CLEAN pots and pans, new toaster, etc... and all the cabinets, fridge, stove, etc... are very clean and look on the new side. I just can't get over how clean this place is. I've stayed in other hotels in Wildwood and Wildwood Crest and NOTHING holds a candle to this place. I will not stay anywhere else.

Mattresses are very firm, but I am the exception that doesn't like that - so this isn't a complaint, just a warning to those who like soft mattresses. I brought an egg crate and was fine!

You can tell they love their customers, as they have several nights of entertainment throughout the year, with food, wine, and entertainment. They are Italians, and most Italians I know know are very hospitable and generous, this family is no exception! In the morning, they have free coffee and delicious cookies in the lobby.

The pool is clean, and seems to be updated regularly. and the patio/pool furniture looks new and updated - as do the BBQ grills by the pool. All of their hotels look equally as clean/nice.

We will definitely return to this hotel again, or one of their other hotels if this one isn't available and I've recommended their hotels to several people. You WILL NOT regret taking a chance on this hotel!

Bristol CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family of 4, plus my daughters friend, and Sons girlfriend stayed at the American Safari for the long weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely it was! The motel is older, but the love, care & pride they take in their property is evident. We stayed in the G suite, the 2 bedroom suite. There was enough room for us all. The room was sparkling!!! Good amount of towels and the maids were wonderful! The beds were very comfortable as well. We enjoyed the free coffee and cookies in every morning. They had a Customer appreciation party at the Gondolier that weekend, but we got there late and there was no where to sit, so we decided to go out to dinner that night, but according to the other guests, it was fantastic! The pool is rather small, but sufficient for the amount of guest they have. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the American Safari again, the people we met there were top notch and the owners care!! Great place!

Room Tip: They do not have a elevator, so if going with young children or older family members, ask for a 1st...
Abingdon, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I and several of our friends make a point to stay at the American Safari each time we visit Wildwood. Rooms are always clean and fresh and well maintained. Staff is very friendly. Love the free coffee and cookies from the lobby. The owners own 2 or 3 more properties (all adjacent to each other) so you have your choice of any of the 3 pools. Free WiFi! One block from the beach and 2 blocks from the boardwalk. 1 block from a nice bike rental store too!

I highly recommend this motel to anyone who wants to have a nice stay at a convenient location.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but I find the 1st floor rooms are the most convenient (close to pool and parking...
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We've been staying at the Safari for about 5 years now. We will definitely go back next year. The rooms are always so clean! I also enjoy the coffee and cookies in the lobby every morning! Close to the beach and boardwalk. Our room had a beautiful view of the beach, I would sit outside and drink my coffee each morning. Highly recommend!

Galloway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just returned from our 7th and certainly not last visit this past weekend, introducing Mom to what we've enjoyed for many years. Immaculate and a great family atmosphere! Thank you Adam and family for always making us feel welcome! We can't wait to come back next year!!!