“Very good food at a fair price”
Review of Holy Mackerel - CLOSED

Holy Mackerel
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Good food and can accommodate a large group. Just don't ask for separate checks by family or couple.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Only had a sandwich for lunch one day but it was very tasty and well worth the price! Location is right on the beach, so atmosphere is beautiful, if you like to eat outside. They also had some tables inside, but I did take out, so I can't comment on the service.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I've been going down to Wildwood most of my life. I've tried many restaurants which all have good food but Holy Mackerel is the best. Joe is the best saute chef on the island. Shrimp and Crab Fra Diablo sauce is outstanding. Calamari is very good. Last time i was there we went with a party of eight and all the food was excellent. For lunch his Shrimp Po Boy is outstanding and so are the burgers. His breakfast is also very good. He prepares everything fresh to order so it will take sometime don't be in a rush but it's worth the wait. It's BYOB. If your looking for atmosphere then you'll have to try elsewhere but i don't think your worried about looks if your eating dinner your more concerned about how my food is going to taste. You can also eat outside if you like on a nice night. Also the portions are large. I sat next to other couples who said they go their every Friday night and it's the best kept secret on the island. Another guy was asked by the waitress how his meal was and the word Incredible came out of his mouth. The prices are also reasonable in my opinion for a shore restaurant. Try it you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We walked up to the Holy Mackerel from the beach. We expected a take-out place, but they also offer sit down dining with tables inside and outside. It was very tidy with nice details to create an inviting atmosphere. We were asked by the server if we were dining in or taking out. She was very polite and did not mind at all that were not dining in. Our food was nicely wrapped for the beach, and it was very good! 30 minutes later I realized I left my cell phone at the cafe. I ran back thinking it was probably gone forever, but the server told me she found it and put it in the back. I wanted to hug her! Thanks Holy Mackeral for your good food, courtesy, and honesty. We will be back :)

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was a terrible experience. Don't go there for breakfast. The service was terrible and the food was no better.