“Too many rules”
Review of Jamaica Me Hungry

Jamaica Me Hungry
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamaica Me Hungry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E. Jefferson Ave.
Description: Jamaica Me Hungry is open seasonally mid-May thru the end of September. Beachfront at Atlantic & Jefferson Avenues in the Diamond Beach section of Wildwood Crest. We serve an outstanding upscale breakfast and an refreshing, tropical themed lunch. Seafood, chicken and ribs are served for dinner. Enter our colorful dining room through the palm trees and umbrellas where the reggae plays all day for the Wildwood's only Irie dining experience. Visit our website to view our menus, get directions, see our hours and more. Casual dining, no shoes required, kid friendly. Come make some new friends and enjoy some really good food at the same time.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

First of all the food here is good, it's pricey though for what you get. There was a waitress I believe was from Russia who was very nice, however the other waitress who was older was quite annoying and rude. I sat down my husband and I, we already ordered ,didn't get our food yet ,but were expecting 2 other people and she said we couldn't move to another table even though 2 ppl we're joining us she said we are 2 people and can't sit at a 4 person table.

Second of all they have the most ridiculous rules.. The waitress had to ask every time we wanted something like onions on our burger, or different cheese on our sandwich. Quite ridiculous..
What happened to the customer is always right?!

4  Thank mojomama13

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had dinner here one evening since it received good ratings and was walkable from our condo. There aren't many places in wildwood crest/diamond beach area to walk to for a good meal. We made a reservation online, our table was ready but it wasn't crowded at 630p. I know most people at the beach eat later. Our waitress, Alexandra, was a superstar! Filled our water and drinks without even having to ask- most casual places around here don't even notice when your glass is empty. Food came out quickly and was delicious! We had the cream of corn and crab soup- my kids all loved it! It was all u can eat rib night- my son left stuffed with meat:). Fish and chips were fresh and desert was gobbled down in a second- banana cream pie made from a local bakery. Great family friendly atmosphere. Will definitely be dining here again!

1  Thank GOR46
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Restaurant is truly a Jamaican experience, bright Caribbean colors and extremely clean. The food was absolutely delicious and freshly prepared to perfection. The mahi-mahi and coconut shrimp were the best ever.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Came here with the family for a simple breakfast on our last day in Wildwood. Since we were staying at the Regal Plaza, we didn't have to travel far so we thought Jamaica Me Hungry would be a good option. We have been here before (last summer) and the visit was decent. But for some unknown reason, when we went in there a couple of days ago, after we were seated, we were ignored for at least a half-hour. One waitress walked by our table at least four times and didn't even acknowledge our presence. The manager was being followed around by another waitress and I can certainly understand if she was in the midst of training, but all someone had to say was, "be right with you," or "here are some menus, we apologize for the delay." We heard NOTHING!

As the half-hour passed, we noticed that a man dining by himself at the table next to us had been visited by the one of the waitresses at least 3 times, while we continued to be ignored. Finally, we decided to get up and leave. This is the first time I've ever done this in my life because I am usually very patient.

Well, this was a terrible experience and we had to help my 80-year old grandmother back to the truck so that we could go down the street to Duffer's, where we know the service is good.

I would never go back.

2  Thank Rose D
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This place will surprise you, food is very good... However, two things: first it is small and echoey, could use some baffles... And all you can eat ribs is tricky, first rack is delicious, second rack comes out burnt and inedible... Not only me but several other tables as well.