“Consistently good”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Livingston, New Jersey
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the third year in a row that we have visited the BayView while in Wildwood and had a great experience. We went on a Sunday evening for dinner around 6 pm, just before the place got really busy. The restaurant is clean and bright for a pub-style place (lots of dark wood, but the row of windows overlooking the bay makes up for it). Our party of 5 was greeted warmly and led to a table for 4, onto which they wanted to add a 5th chair (We have this problem everywhere we go). However, my husband politely asked for a table for 5 or 6, and we were immediately taken to a round table for 5.

We were very hungry and so ordered the "hot and honey" wings (excellent) and salads. I had the caprese salad -- which was delicious and fresh. The Jersey tomatoes were wonderful, the basil so fresh, and the fresh mozzarella very tasty, all drizzled with balsamic. Our server, Phil, was terrific -- on the ball, despite being very busy, and cheerful. Two of us ordered the crab leg special, which we have had on our previous trips as well. 1 lb of crab legs and claws comes with with corn on the cob and fries (I asked for a baked potato, which was met with a "No problem!"). This was a very generous plate for $16.99 and was very good. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his broiled scallops, which he described as succulent and delicious. My daughter's crab cake was made of crab, not filler, and was very fresh. Our landlubber's chicken parm portion was enormous; she enjoyed the part of it she could eat before being too full. Everyone was happy, not a single complaint.

I am not sure how the negative reviewers had bad experiences -- unless they reviewed the wrong place. The restaurant can be tough to find when searching online or via GPS, maybe because it's the Bay View Inn, and the "Inn" seems to be forgotten?? I really don't know, but we have been there 4 times over the last 3 summers and, as I said, have had consistently good service and meals -- that's why we keep going back.

• Visited September 2013

lodi, nj
“The Bayview was TERRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The only way people could rate this place high is if they were high. As you walk in the restaurant was dirty and out dated. I had to step over a spilled pile of salt or sugar left on the floor for the entire time I was at my table. The waitress seemed befuddled and had to ask us many times if she had taken our order. The appetizers were all overcooked and cold. Calamari like rubber and soggy shrimp. The entrees came out after an hour and all four dinners were cold. I had the special (spicy shrimp with mahi mahi) that was extremely overcooked requiring a steak knife to cut it. The flies all over the dining room seemed to be the only ones enjoying the food. The best part of my dining experience was leaving. Never again - a waste of good money. Aug 26 - 2013

2 Thank Firefighter197
Glendora, New Jersey
“Always a Good Meal”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

In response to "Never Again" posting of 8/24/13, if you want a 5 star meal, this is not the place.
Having said that, my wife and I have been going to the Bayview for years when vacationing in Wildwood, and have never had a bad meal. The servers have always been polite and efficient. But, they seem to rush you. Unless you tell your server you do not want your entree served until you have finished your salad, it will be there not long after you start your salad.
One thing that would make this a better experience is that they should add outdoor dining, or open up the wall to the deck.
Great, reasonable food, and will always return.

Manahawkin, New Jersey
“"Never Again"”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Despite questionable rating here and elseware we decided to give the bayview a try on our weeklong vacation on the week of 08/18/13. This was a decision we would live to regret.. We were not greeted warmly right from the start.. Inside of dining room needs a major makeover.. We had trouble with our server as well as did the tables on both sides of us.. Wait staff gathered near the entrance to the kitchen and talked/laughed and joked with each other and could care less about the customers.. Table next to received the wrong drinks and the waitress blamed the bartender.. Table on the other side of us received a 10 minute lecture from there waitress on the benefits of recycling (of course the other guests and ourselves got a laugh out of it.. Unbelievable!! On to the food my daughters chicken parm was cooked to death and her pasta was like rubber.. My crab cakes were dry as the sand on the beach and my steak was obviously not a top cut of beef to say the least.. My wife's (what was supposed to be crab imperial but we are still trying to figure out exactly what it was.. Her baked potato came with literally a teaspoon of sour cream ... She did ask politely for some more and we are still waiting for it.. To say we could not wait for our dinner to be over is an understatement ... We as a family have been coming to wildwood for over 40 years and will continue to come to the wild woods for the next 40 but we will NEVER eat at the bayview again.. Nearly $100.00 dollars for a meal and I can say there was not one thing we enjoyed about it... This place needs Robert Irvine and fast!! P.S. one thing I must admit is if you are lucky enough to be seated at one of the window tables the view of the bay and the meadows is beautiful,,

Prospect Park, Pa
“Flies everywhere!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Food was overcooked. Flies were landing on our food, our heads, Ewww it was bad. We sat down at 5:00 and it was suspiciously empty. Waitress handed us the specials and my husband wanted the Flounder and she took all our orders, came back 5 minutes later and said "we're don't have the Flounder". So if they didn't have Flounder why wasn't it crossed off the Specials or why didn't she tell us before my husband ordered? He wasn't happy. And during the night three of us got sick and spent the night in and out of the bathroom. The place has really gone down hill. The outside looks like its gonna fall down pretty soon. It needs remodeling desperately. Don't waste your money folks. Don't go. Unless you like to eat flies.