“Surprisingly very good.”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Richmond Avenue
Description: Voted "Best of the Shore" by Philadelphia Magazine and South Jersey Magazine, Marie Nicole's has been a seashore favorite for years. Offering fabulous Steak, Chops, Seafood & Martinis. This eight time winner of Wine Spectator Magazine's 'Award of Excellence' pairs their wines with contemporary american cuisine. Enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail at the extended bar - now featuring a new bar menu. Savor summer nights on the terrace with friends and family. Reservations Recommended.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We dined here many years ago and both my husband and I said it simply was not worth the money. I love a great meal and do not mind spending if it has all the right elements. What your elements are may be different than mine but first it must give a warm inviting atmosphere. I am sorry but this place needs a MAJOR updating. It was still light out and we looked around and saw the bamboo blinds, old walls, ceilings, carpets....well, you get what I am saying. There is very little atmosphere in the main dining area. The bar area is a little nicer but nothing like you would expect for the prices on the menu.
Now about the food...which is the most important part. It was very good from the tuna ap, ceasar salad to the diner entre. Everything was hot, prepared with style and the taste was very pleasing! I also thought the portion size was perfect. I don't need a heaping plate of food, (That turns my stomach) Both my husband and I enjoyed our meals and made a plan to return again a little sooner than the many year gap from the last time. The truth is, if the décor matched the prices on the menu, it would simply make the meal and check that much more enjoyable. Sorry, to me it is a package deal. If you don't want to reinvest into the building, you will lose customers.
I cannot leave without saying the service was excellent!

1  Thank Loveagoodmeal

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Party of 8... felt very uncomfortable from the start. We felt like we weren't welcome there. They couldn't decide where to seat us; inside or outside. Took over 30 minutes for 7 of the entrees to come out. The cheapest entrée came out 20 minutes after all of the rest and then it was over cooked. They didn't even offer to take it off the bill. Portions were small and over priced. The only good thing I can say is that the waiter was very nice.

1  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Have you ever eaten somewhere that you were so full that you couldn't eat anymore but couldn't put the fork down because you were eating what could be the best food you have ever tasted. I have and it was at Marie Nicole's.

We ate here while on vacation and I have to say if you are around here and don't eat here you are really missing out. I have ate at a lot of restaurants and nothing I have eaten at recently compares with this place. I order the 3 course meal, the salad was great, I had the pasta dish with crab meat (oh my what i would give to have it right now, then desert was creme brulee, wow just wow.

So don't miss out on a great meal.

1  Thank Adam W
Reviewed 1 June 2014

No pasta dish should be priced over $20, I don't care what kind of restaurant it is, and this restaurant/bar isn't all that. A 1 lb. box of pasta costs under $2 in any grocery store and, it doesn't take a master chef to cook it to perfection. We ordered the "half portion" at over $11, thinking that would be an adequate portion. We were so wrong. On the plus side, the sauces were tasty however, it further frustrated you. I felt as though I were just sampling and I wanted more. My toddler son would have still been hungry. The salad wasn't fresh and somewhat wilted. Again, on the plus side, the dressing was also good. The bread roll was similar to a hockey puck, in size and taste. Our waitress avoided eye contact with us so that, she didn't have to ask if we required anything else. Our group vowed to never return here, no matter how hungry we might be.

1  Thank Marshawn2
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bar was empty when we arrived for our 8pm reservation and several tables were open yet we still had to wait 10 minutes to get our table. We had to ask three time to get bread and the rolls were not fresh. The pasta had little flavor and for the price of the entrees it was not a great value. No hurry to return.

1  Thank Carl G