“Just missed the mark” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marie Nicole's

Marie Nicole's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marie Nicole's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Richmond Avenue
Description: Voted "Best of the Shore" by Philadelphia Magazine and South Jersey Magazine, Marie Nicole's has been a seashore favorite for years. Offering fabulous Steak, Chops, Seafood & Martinis. This eight time winner of Wine Spectator Magazine's 'Award of Excellence' pairs their wines with contemporary american cuisine. Enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail at the extended bar - now featuring a new bar menu. Savor summer nights on the terrace with friends and family. Reservations Recommended.
New Jersey
“Just missed the mark”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

After not coming here for nearly 20 years, we decide to give Marie Nicoles a shot.

Nice decor and great service started our meal off nicely. appetizers were very good.

Entrees not so much. I ordered the Cowboy Rib Eye and my wife ordered the Filet Mignon, both medium rare. Why we got was a very charred and over cooked ribeye and a nearly raw (still cold on the inside) Filet. I settled on eating the ribeye but the Filet did get sent back. Both steaks were OK but this was truly disappointing.

1 Thank JessterCPA

Philadelphia
“AWFUL experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We attempted to have dinner at Marie Nicole's with an 8:30 reservation. Our table wasn't ready on time, which would have been fine, but 20 minutes later it still wasn't ready and the unbelievably rude hostess offered no apology and continued to seat people that came in after us without reservations while we continued to wait. When we pointed this out to her and asked about our table she waved us away, so away we went. We will never step foot in that place again.

2 Thank kelleykuc
Palm Coast, Florida
“Nice dining experience for the Crest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Though I have to agree, it may be a bit overpriced for the area and it's general clientele but for the Crest it's a nice alternative to the other restaurants in the area. It's a little more upscale. Lovely restaurant, tastefully decorated. Food was very good. Been there are just a couple and a family of 5 adults.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank NJJayhawker
NY
“LOVE THIS PLACE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

One of the Best Places to eat in Wildwood Crest! Highly Recommend! The Food was Awesome, the Staff just as Awesome!

Visited July 2014
New York
“Overpriced and unprofessional staffr”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family has been vacationing in the Crest for 20 years. We hadn't been to Marie Nicole's in years. One night my daughter and I decided to go. The hostess greeted us warmly and informed me that they were one big happy family.

But our waitress was about as "Ice Queen" as they come.

We informed her that we were gluten-free and would need assistance on choosing our food. This statement is typically met with "let me know what you are interested in and I will check to see if it is, or can be made gluten-free" or "I'll send someone over to speak with you about your options."

Instead, our waitress pointed to a section of the menu entitled "Feel Great" which consisted of a salad (arugula, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, beets, citrus yogurt dressing), salmon, "black pepper crusted" filet mignon ($38) and ahi tuna.

I asked her if the the caesar salad dressing was gluten-free and noted that I would skip the croutons and anchovies. She looked at me without cracking a smile and said "the anchovies are already in the dressing" to which I replied "well the ingredients aren't normally identified in a caesar salad dressing." I was greeted with a blank stare.

I asked her to check with the chef on a few other menu items to see if they could be prepared gluten-free. Upon her return to the table, she said the chef said if I was "that concerned" that I should just order from the "Feel Great" menu as that was designed by a nutritionist. This was a disappointing and unusual response. The chef couldn't throw a piece of chicken or fish on the grill? When we arrived we were the ONLY patrons in the restaurant! And I wouldn't be asking unless I was concerned!!

So, since my daughter and I do not eat salmon or tuna, we had to order the filet mignon at $38 a pop. We had just had beef the night before and were not in the mood for it. We also ordered the arugula salad, minus the beets.

The arugula salad was large, and consisted mostly of arugula. The dressing was tasty but there were just 2 grape tomatoes, cut in half and 4 slices of cucumber. Really?

The filet mignon was not "pepper crusted" or even remotely seasoned. I had to use the salt shaker, which I never do when dining out. When I asked for steak sauce I was greeted with indifference and the Ice Queen told me she didn't know if the sauce was gluten-free. I asked for some A-1 and was told they did not have that. I told her to check with the chef to see if the house steak sauce was gluten-free and if so, to bring me some, which she did, after I'd eaten a third of the steak.

The steak was served with 3 small rounds of sweet potato and about 5 tiny green beans. As we were eating, another party was seated a couple of tables away. Their waitress was fantastic! She immediately told them that the "3 Course Menu" fish of the day was swordfish. The 3 Course Menu is $30!!! and consists of a soup (which we would not order) or the house salad (which we could have had--it is clearly gluten-free), roasted chicken (really, that isn't gluten-free?), fish of the day (swordfish, which could have easily been grilled), or a pasta dish (which we would not have ordered), and dessert (we could have had the creme brulee or the ice cream).

So, my daughter and I could have easily been accommodated by the chef and this unprofessional, cold waitress. We could have had a great 3-course dinner for $30 each. Instead, we were forced to order from a "Feel Great" section of the menu that we had no interest in and spent $38 each just on the filet mignon.

Oh, and another thing....I had to ask that the A/C be turned down 3 TIMES! We were the only patrons in the dining room! The third time, the Ice Queen suggested we move so that the air wouldn't be blowing on us.

We will not be going back. I would advise you to do the same. There are many, many other restaurants in the Wildwoods and Cape May.

• Visited July 2014