“Typical pizza joint - not a "restaurant"!”
Review of Sal's Pizza

Sal's Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family went to Sal's for dinner (not pizza). Food was average but pricey. Service adequate. Atmosphere was the pits! Several tables close together, napkin dispenser on table. Strictly a pizza parlor. Disappointing to say the least.

2  Thank nipperphil01

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

On the recommendation of our hotel front desk staff, we ordered delivery on a recent Saturday night and enjoyed a delicious meal by the pool. Allow about 45 minutes for delivery. Food arrived hot and tasty and the delivery person was very nice. The pizza was high quality and generously topped. Also got a Caprese salad that was excellent. Not cheap ($ 44) for two medium pizzas with toppings and one salad, but so worth it for the luxury of not having to leave the pool, get dressed, find parking, etc. We will order from here on out next visit for sure. Don't mind paying more for good quality food that is nicely prepared. T

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Manager "Joseph" rude and unaccommodating. After waiting 50 minutes for 2 plates pasta and a chicken parm dinner, I noticed the table next to me, who was seated after ours, was served. I told my waitress I wanted our check, the manager came out and argued my food was ready. I was told it was coming out right now, and still was not served. I got up, requested my check, and then my food was brought out to the register. I refused the dinner, and paid for the 3 sodas we received (ordered at 5:33pm, no order at 6:25 pm until I requested my check). The manager argued with me over the amount of time we had waited, and refused to take my debit card for the sodas I was paying for, saying the had a minimum???? Upon leaving, he stated derogatory comments about me in front of the other patrons. Customer service means accommodating a customer, manager should have brought my food out immediately, not argue with me. Said I have to wait for good food, and if not I should leave????? Evidently, not an individual with managerment or customer service skills. In today's economy, I hope Wildwood' Chamber of Commerce had restaurants that actually provide service to customers on their list.

1  Thank Any P
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a huge order for take-out on the 4th of July. We had company and took our chances. One of our guests was an Italian deli owner/caterer. Big mistake. The primary reason for our disappointment was the portion sizes, especially with the mussels. The menu we had was a year old and the price for mussels increased about $2. The mussel portions were tiny and nothing to write home about. Don't waste your money. Get take out mussels from the Crest Tavern, they are excellent (red or white) and enough to put over a pound of linguine for the family. Plus they cost less and they come in nice re-usable containers!

The eggplant parm sandwich was tasty and no complaints about the chicken cheesesteaks, pasta and calamari, the chicken francese...the lasagna was nothing special. The fettucine alfredo was blah. Fried calamari was good, but not as good as the Crest Tavern. Otherwise, just not worth it. Considering our order was huge, you would think something would be special about it. Disappointed.

I could go on... maybe we will give it one more shot on the pizza next time. Otherwise, will not order from them again. Oh, and our guest the chef? Asked if there were hot pepper flakes provided and they assured him they were... they did not provide.

1  Thank Dianne D
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Warmed over all day long pizza served with warm toppings. Chicken fingers were obviously frozen and taste like they were nuked. Talked to staff about food quality and was asked to leave. Owner came out cursed at us with my 6 yr old in the car. Will Never Eat There Again.

3  Thank shackscs