“Super nice rooms , great stuff”

Apollo Resort Motel
Ranked #63 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The rooms are very clean and nice . Its perfect hotel for summer vacation!!! I have stayed there with my family and it was enough space for all of us. Great compliments to the management !!! They are super nice and friendly

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 September 2013

When I called to make reservations, the desk person was very accommodating. They had limited rooms available but they gave us a slight break in price because we were in a breezeway room (no balcony or chairs outside the door). We arrived Saturday on the weekend after labor day. It also happened to be bike week. Many of the other guests were bikers but there were no issues with excessive noise or negative behavior. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Our room was relatively clean for a beach motel and everything worked fine. The sheets and bedding were fresh and the towels were bright white and fluffy. I did have a little chuckle about the mix-match dishes provided in the efficiency though.

On Sunday, most of the other guests were leaving and the motel had more rooms available. We asked if we could move into one of the other rooms so we could sit outside in the evening by our door. With no hesitation, the owner granted our request. That night we sat outside and noticed many other people doing the same. It was actually pretty peaceful though. We chatted with some of the other guests. Many were older couples that have been coming to this motel for years.

Reading others' reviews kinda makes me wonder if they've only stayed at 4 star hotels. We stayed in 2 rooms and both were fine. One actually had nicer artwork than the other and the shower curtain had a prettier pattern - but who cares. The price is right, the location is great, and I don't go on vacation to sit in a hotel room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Apollo is still the best deal on the Island. The owners of this hotel have to be one of the nicest hardworking families I have ever met. Tip #1....don't immediately jump to conclusions or judgements when you get there. The owners are very accommodating and will do whatever it takes to please you. (We didn't like our room when we got there and they gave us a tour until we found an awesome room that we liked.) Tip #2....use their website the rooms are right on there. I wish I did that in the first place. Tip #3....the kitchens are clean and refrigerators are big. Bring whatever you want to eat. They grills are cleaned every day and most of the people staying there use them. Tip #4 - Ignore complaints about the air conditioners. They are window units. Just tell the front desk if it isn't working well - they keep plenty on hand and change them right then and there. (There is no conspiracy here to leave you with a broken air conditioner.) Breezeway rooms keep you away from the noise of the pool. I recommend the 3rd floor closer to the beach for an amazing view. Relax and enjoy. (You are even welcome to borrow the hotel umbrellas to take with you to the beach.)

Room Tip: Room 303 is the largest and it is away from the noise. All of the Ocean Front rooms seem to provide...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank guinn777
Reviewed 2 June 2013

had a few hiccups when checking in, but it happens, its early season. owner more than made up for it when I checked out. thanks, will be back soon! Rooms were wildwood quality, meaning sufficient for sleeping, showering and such. its the beach, you don't go for the rooms....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 17 November 2012

To begin with, the pollo motel has a perfect location, right on the beach, no street to walk across, but the grgeat moments end here. I drove alle the way from Montreal , 12 hours from there!

The motel is quite run down. The outside looks ok, but when you enter the room, it's not that great, the carpet is really dirty, the couch seems to have benn there for at least 20 years!!! The dinnig area had such old furniture, the legs of the chairs was all rusted and watch it when you move the chairs, you could've cut you foot with it!

The kitchen has been updated yes, nice, with new gas stove top, no utensils whatsoever.

The bathroom is older than the motel itself I think!!! The shower faucet can't be stopped completely ecxepted when you hang yourself on it. There was some mold spots all over the shower curtain, and had TO ASK to get it cleaned by the maid.

The bedroom was decent size, furniture dates from ealry 80's... the matresses were recent but they put these plastic sheets on top of it to prevent moisture to get to the matresses in the winter time... and they keep it on for the summer, it's not meant to stay on all year long because the matress can't breath...and you litteraly sweat all night long. We ended up buying overmatresses at Walmart to prevent this from happening.

The bed sheets are simply a piece of tissue...won't even tuck under the matress!!! no contour sheets here...!!!

And at last: The AC. This is a HEALTH HASARD: when I came in the room, My alergies were kiking way up there... (I'm alergic to mold and stuff like that and usually it's all fine...)

On the last day, I ended up looking right into the AC, where the cold air comes out and it was a frighting site to see that IT WAS COMPLETELY FULL OF MOLD.... NOT DUST, BUT MOLD.....)

The maids didn't even do the minimum, the vaccum was done so fast and would'nt even pick up the small batch of sand we dropped from a bucket... they would change the bathroom towels and that's about it. Even when we left them a little something extra ;-) they didn't even bother to do more... wich wasn't even the minimum !!!

The BBQ grills outside were discusting... dirty and no more knobs on it to close the gas, wich ended up staying on one night !!! I had to go and shut all the burners off. The fire was out and the gas was leaking still!!! Nice safety hasard again!!!

Wifi wont reach the last ocean front units.

If this doesn't repel you, well you've been warned. Sorry but put a bit more money and go somewhere esle. check out my pictures if you think I'm exagerating.

Room Tip: The 115 Room on the second floor... Don't take it!!! The first floor rooms looked much better...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Dee_roy
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed for about a week beginning of August 2012.The room had been updated,was clean an afforded us an ocean view.We were right on the beach,and unlike Wildwood,the walk to the ocean was not a problem.The price was very reasonable for a place right on the beach.Daily maid service was available if needed and the 1 maid in particular was very friendly.The 2 double beds were very comfortable,the frig.worked very well and the toilet and shower worked just as well.Also wifi was included and used it to make plans.Used the heated pool and grilled up some steaks.Fair warning,don't turn your back or walk away from the grill,because the seagulls are ready to steal any food they can.Also,the air conditioner worked very well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve536
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This is our second stay at the Apollo Resort Motel in Wildwood crest, our third trip. I read the other reviews and can only say that everyone is going to have different expectations thus different opinions. Location is excellent. Sitting on my laptop looking at the beach as I type this...
It is only minutes away from Rio Grande where there is a Walmart, dollar store, etc. There are many restaurants very close. The boardwalk is a short drive away. Parking is only $10 a day there. Lots of great shows come to the convention center there - we saw the Harlem Globetrotters during this stay.

So going point by point -
Parking - I have yet to NOT find a place to park. It is tight but if you look at every place down here, including pay lots at the busy areas, it is that way everywhere. Several people blocked the two deep spots and there is still ample parking this week.

Staff - the cleaning staff was very nice. I cleaned my own room and they still went in and emptied the garbage, cleaned bathroom and replaced towels. We are only here three nights and I know of very few places that do daily maid service.
The front desk guys are not warm and fuzzy. The are helpful when asked just no real personality is shared if there is any. They were not mean or gruff, just quiet.

Rooms - the rooms are adequate and for the most part clean. If I were running a place I would do a once over every few months to get the nooks and crannies but that is me. The pull out bed is not comfortable but very few are. The double beds are firm like most hotel beds. I am here with three teenagers and we are doing ok - but then again three teeanagers at the Ritz would be the same fights over hair stuff and beds. The kitchen was ok - the stove uses matches to light. The knobs are old and kind of scary but worked just fine. The kitchen was equipped enough to feed a family - mismatched flatware (bent up and cheap stuff in there too) - not enough plates to feed a family of four - no bowls at all. Luckily I had taken a skillet from home as well as paper towels, styrofoam plates and bowls and some plastic wear.

There are plenty of tables and chairs outside so you can eat outside easily or just sit around. On the first floor we were able to sit at the umbrella table right outside our room for meals and reading. There are several gas grills for use that we saw many patrons using. One family had a huge cook out making all kinds of stuff.

Bathroom - the water was slow to go down in the tub but the water pressure was really good and the shower gave a nice full stream. I hate when the shower head drips out water and it takes forever to shower. The sink leaked. The fixtures were old but clean. The toliet flushed and never backed up (really more important to us on vaca).

The beach is beautiful here in the crest. We have been all over to beaches. Cape may is nice too but who wants to pay for the beach daily?
The drive to Cape May is not long and worth a small trip to see it. And then look up the prices there...

Also this place has been packed every time we come here. THe rooms are packed. Families come here and get several rooms. I am amazed at the amount of people staying in one room sometimes.

Overall this is a clean secure place for a family to stay. Set your expectations accordingly and enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you stipulate how many and what size beds you are getting for how many people. THey will t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family