“The BEST BEACH MOTEL I've ever stayed at”

Shalimar Resort Motel
Ranked #46 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 24 November 2007

My family and I stayed at the Shalimar for a wedding this fall, a bit after the renovations were completed. I have to say that this is BY FAR THE BEST beach resort motel I have stayed in. I have 2 young kids with whom my husband and I have traveled a lot. We have rented many houses, stayed in high end hotels and stayed in regular motels. This place when compared to even the nicest places, was outstanding: big, clean pool, mini golf right out front; kids loved the fake palm trees out front too. Our room was a two floor suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchenette and 2 decks. This has got to be the value of the shore. It was immaculate. The bedding was all handmade out of beautiful classic but modern patterns. The pillows were soft yet firm. The mattresses all felt new. A TV on each floor of the suite. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The owners clearly took great pride in what they had accomplished. I read that people had been unable to stay here as planned last summer due to delayed completion--anyone who has ever run a construction project knows this will happen. The motel is now up and running and it was so clearly worth the wait. I will stay here every time I come back to the Shore. I might even plan to go to the Shore just to stay here. We were happy, the kids were happy. Oh, and it's exactly 1 block from the beach. Where we saw 6 dolphins jumping in the morning. It was amazing. Then we saw them the next morning. The dolphins love Wildwood too!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2007

Been to Wildwood every year of my life at some point in the summer. That makes this trip # 44. I have seen it all, experienced it all, and most of it in the Crest. Shalimar was a new experience for my family. I have stayed in poor to moderate, never top of the line. It is Wildwood ya know. But for 3 nights, this place has some charm. Owners take care of the place and seem to make sure that everything is neat and clean. Rooms well maintained, newer and bathrooms acceptable. Pool cleaned daily. Grills cleaned daily and a no tolerance for smoking in rooms policy iwth a $250 deposit. How they know you did not smoke in the rooms is beyond me with the majority of smokers puffing away out on the deck. One major downside. If you don't smoke, then expect a ton of it on your balcony. Thus was the case on the rooms at either side of us. Made the nightime tradition of sitting outside a bit of a chore. But, while $225 a night seems excessive, it is Wildwood. And for those who go, pay the extra $40 a night per average to get a place that is newer, clean and better than average. Always remember it is Wildwood and you are not getting a bargain. You pay thru the nose. But the beach is wonderful and the lure, if you have gone like I have for so long really never gets old. It is where families have memories that live forever, good ar bad. But Shalimar is better than most down there.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2007

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 8 August 2007

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2007

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 July 2007

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 April 2007