“Another Amazing Trip!”
Review of Armada By-the-Sea

Armada By-the-Sea
Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at the Armada again in June 2014. Once again we had an amazing experience staying at the Armada. This vacation was a "girls trip" with my mom, sister-in-law, and my best friend. We always feel so welcome at the Armada! The room and the pool was sparkling clean! We stayed in an oceanfront room with an amazing view! The beds were very comfortable. I recommend to everyone, try staying one time and you won't go anywhere else! We have a family trip planned in early September and I can't wait!

Room Tip: I like the ocean front rooms because of the private balcony, but you can't go wrong with any roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
ArmadaByTheSea, Manager at Armada By-the-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your kind review of our motel! We are always pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant enough to return in the future, since you have many other vacation options! We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Been going to Willdwood Crest since I was a child and stayed in many different places. The Armada by the Sea is one of the good places to stay in the Crest. It is on the ocean, has an elevator, two sun decks and most importantly--is very clean. We stayed in Room 401 and it comfortably fit a family of four. There was air conditioning in the bedroom and living room as well as flat screen TVs. Water pressure in the shower was good and there were plenty of towels provided. I also liked the fact that the hotel had some covered parking spaces. The owners were very nice and provided free coffee in the lobby each day.

The pool was a decent size and clean. It went from 3' to 9'. The only negative thing I can say about the place is that they area around the pool is kind of small, but there are plenty of lounge chairs on the two sun decks.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank R

Thank you for your review of our motel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed June 26-29, 2014. What an absolutely delightful facility. The rooms were spotless and well cared for. Probably the cleanest hotel we have stayed at. I would say, even cleaner than most of the Disney properties we have been to. The location is perfect. Have been there before and will definitely stay at the Armada on our next trip. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Pool and surrounding area was also clean and well cared for. I have suggested to co-workers that if they are heading that way to definitely stay at the Armada.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hennalady
ArmadaByTheSea, Manager at Armada By-the-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! Our staff works very hard and we are happy to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room. We hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Armada for the week of the 4th of July. We stayed in a C category efficiency room which is perfect for when our kids get hungry at off times. I started coming to the Armada in diapers with my parents and have continued by taking my wife and kids for our family vacations there. It has been owned by the same family the whole time with exceptional service and above all SUPER CLEAN. Staff is extremely polite and professional. The pool is heated and great. There is a park across the street that has concerts and aerobics classes but because the Armada is ocean front and there is a park across the street there is an unobstructed longer view of the beach and ocean. It's a million dollar view. We left already trying to plan a shorter family getaway in August. I've stayed at the Armada as best I can remember well over 25 different vacations over 42 years and what's crazy is..... talking to other families poolside is that many have stayed more times and more often. That tells you everything. You can't go wrong. Thanks, The Richardsons

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your very kind review of our establishment. We love to have returning customers who truly begin to feel like family over the years! We look forward to hosting you and your family again in August!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel and it was a nice experience the hotel pool was very nice and clean. The rooms are nice but they could definitely do away with the big pull out couch in the living area and put a normal pull out couch and maybe an end table it was not even comfortable to sit on. The hard plastic cover was awful. And also the parking lot was very tight spaces. If you have a larger vehicle your out of luck trying to get out of your car one you park.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review of our motel. We are always open to suggestions for how to improve. As far as the plastic cover for the duo-bed, we have found that it serves the practical purpose in allowing people in wet bathing suits to sit on the couch without getting the sheets wet. We do get feedback that they are more comfortable for sleeping since they do not have the bars that a sofa bed has. We do appreciate your feedback and your kind remarks. We hope to host you again!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was planning a trip to Cape May and decided to stay in Wildwood so the teens could enjoy the beach and boardwalk. I read the hotel reviews on tripadvisor, saw some nice reviews about Armada by the Sea, and decided to take a chance and try the hotel. I have stayed in MANY hotels over the years and I can confidently say this is one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever visited. The staff was warm and inviting. My teenage daughter remarked how wonderful the front desk staff was. We had the suite which was quite spacious with a very clean kitchen (especially the fridge). I loved being close to the walking/biking path that leads to the boardwalk. The park next to the hotel was nice. Loved the concert and zumba class. The teens liked to walk there in the evening when not at the boardwalk. I have nothing but positive comments about the hotel. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen K
ArmadaByTheSea, Manager at Armada By-the-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review about our establishment! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping staff works very hard and we will be sure to pass your comments on to them!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for Soccer beach blast weekend. Upon arrival, I was told that there was a 3% added charge for using my credit card, which was not told to me when I called back in early May for reservations. The room was very spacious, apartment size refrigerator, 2 full beds in back room and in living area, the "couch", which is covered in a hard plastic material opens to a bed. The room was very clean, however, had a smell that we couldn't figure out. Maybe a little musty. Also one of the beds had fuzzies on the sheet and a hair or two but the others were very clean. Beware of the park directly across the street that has zumba classes at 8am on Saturday morning. And it is loud!!! Also, parking is terrible. Very limited parking spaces. And If u are bringing a large vehicle (we have an escalade), the parking spots they have behind the building are very tight. My husband crawled out of the back of the truck to get out. The kids went in the pool and enjoyed it. If you're looking for a party hotel, this is not for you. This is a family oriented hotel. The pool closes at 7pm and is very quiet at night. We had visited friends staying at the El Coronado and their pool was open late. Had very pretty lights, and had a few BBQ s where people were grilling, playing music and dancing until well after 10pm it was nice to come back to our quiet, clean hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are always looking to improve. We do just want to clarify that the policy regarding the use of your credit card is the first policy listed on the confirmation we sent you and is clearly explained on all of our published literature and website. We are sorry that you were surprised by that upon check-in. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of our stay with us. Thanks again for your feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#1 of 37 in Cape May
Paradise Oceanfront Resort
Paradise Oceanfront Resort
#9 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Armada By-the-Sea? Share your experiences!