This Tangiers is in the northern part of the Crest, only a few blocks from the southern end of the boardwalk.
I first met the owners at a car show in Timonium, Md a few years ago and decided to stay there for a weekend. It is an older motel, so don't expect state of the art bathrooms and fixtures. But that's not a bad thing. It's kind of retro, the way motel rooms were back in the day, which is cool. It's kept clean and the owners are friendly, nice people.
I got to know the people at the attached "Doo Wop Coffee Shop". Oldies playing, 50s and some 60s memorabilia on the walls, great food and service, and immaculately clean. (they won best breakfast on the island!) Whenever I'm down I usually have breakfast there 1 of the mornings, and am planning on staying in this motel again soon.
As for the post about being "on surveillance" and the one about getting grief on checking out late, I can't say anything about that as I haven't experienced either one. It's all been pleasant for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family oriented motel with a great location, just across the street from the beautiful Wildwood Crest Beach. We have a host of amenities to make your vacation great. Onsite Doo Wop Coffee Shop that serves breakfast, lunch, Ice cream and other delicious treats. Shuffle board, large swimming pool, guest laundry facilities, fax service, outdoor natural gas grills and more. The gift shop is chock full of gifts and basic beach necessities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Tangiers Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tangiers Motel Wildwood Crest
- Tangiers Hotel Wildwood Crest