“Great Vacation! Great atmosphere and love the family feel!”

Tangiers Resort Motel
Ranked #58 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philadlphia
“Great Vacation! Great atmosphere and love the family feel!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

First time Tangiers stay....dont know why people complain on reviews about size or area. These are motels built back in the day and thats what they are. Motels on the beach with outdoor pools and amenities to bring families together.
OUR room was fine for 2 adults, 2 kids. 2nd floor...great views. Nice beds....i think new carpet as well. They have this neat shuffle board game and sweet aluminum ping pong table.
Played chess on the upper deck with these huge giant pieces. My son got a kick out of that.
Conviently they also have the Doo Wop Coffee Shop on premise. Breakfast Lunch and Ice Cream.....didnt have to drive any where. Saved money on parking and metors. Food was AWESOME and place was very clean. They have old school board games to play at night for free. My daughter was addicted to shoots and ladders every night eating her ice cream.

Very Nice Trip.....will be back in septemeber i think if i can get off work.

Room Tip: Just remember....your rarely in your room right. Go smaller....save the money. just my opinon
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rocco K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Clifton, NJ
Reviewed 24 September 2012

These rooms couldn't fit dwarfs comfortably. My God no room to breathe in here! They're like lil dollhouses. I will never go back ever again. uncomfortable, tiny, dirty..ughh i could go on. We paid a good amount of money and were locked in for an entire week. We couldn't get arefund so we were stuck here. I was ready to go pay another $800 just to get the heck out of here and check into the Days Inn. I've never been more uncomfortable in my entire life when staying in a hotel.

Room Tip: look around Crystal Beach is great/Carribbean is wonderful get a bang for your buck people. THis i...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
TangiersMotel, Manager at Tangiers Resort Motel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
When checking in the customers are notified by signage and speaking with an associate that check out time is 10:00 AM. This individual could have requested an 11:00 AM check out but decided just to go to the beach and not inform the staff. Upon her return our housekeeping and maintenance staff told her that check out was at 10:00 AM. She responded as if she didn't know and was very abrupt with her tone to our staff. I personally checked this person in and she knew our check out time policy.

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Sparks, Md
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This Tangiers is in the northern part of the Crest, only a few blocks from the southern end of the boardwalk.
I first met the owners at a car show in Timonium, Md a few years ago and decided to stay there for a weekend. It is an older motel, so don't expect state of the art bathrooms and fixtures. But that's not a bad thing. It's kind of retro, the way motel rooms were back in the day, which is cool. It's kept clean and the owners are friendly, nice people.

I got to know the people at the attached "Doo Wop Coffee Shop". Oldies playing, 50s and some 60s memorabilia on the walls, great food and service, and immaculately clean. (they won best breakfast on the island!) Whenever I'm down I usually have breakfast there 1 of the mornings, and am planning on staying in this motel again soon.

As for the post about being "on surveillance" and the one about getting grief on checking out late, I can't say anything about that as I haven't experienced either one. It's all been pleasant for me.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Motelandrestaurant
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

I was over at tangiers this weekend,the price was fair and the room nothing special. The reason why I gave the one star was the service. I was very dissatified. On the morning before checking out we decided to go to the beach and came back about 10:30, right after entering the room this guy knocks at the door furious demanding us to leave. I was scared and confused why would he act like that. There are no reason for someone to act that why.I understand that It was our foult for not paying attention to the check out time because we assume it was 11 (as most places are) but for them act like that way was unacceptable. I spoke with the owner the woman was even worst telling us that check out time was 10 and thats it. She has no understanding of customer service and how to approach people. I was very offended they way she handled the situation. We were only 30 minute late not 1-2-3 hours. I preferred to pay her the 30 minute late check out and never had to go through that again. I dont want to hurt her business but I am really upset cause I have check out before but never in my life been kicked out.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank danjaL
Huntington Station, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Been staying at the Tangiers for the last several years! The rooms and the resort are kept very clean.It is in one of the best parts of the Wildwoods to stay,
Wildwood Crest is nice and quiet and the Tangiers is only a short walk to the start of the boardwalk. The WiFi is not free but i got a very strong signal for optimum WiFi just use your log-on if you are a optimum customer.

Bruce and Arlene do a great job and make your stay very enjoyable!!!
Thank you for another GREAT time! I Hope to be able to get back by the end of summer!

Thank's again Bruce,
Eric-New York

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
22 Thank ArubaKidd
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I stayed there with my family. They had us on surveillance the whole time. I felt so uncomfortable. They watched every move my kids made. Do not consider if you have young children.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Anthony0585
We love children! The majority of our repeat clientele have young children. We have security cameras on site for the safety of all of our guests. When children are left unattended and are destroying property we have to intervene and correct the issue. Pool equipment, Giant Chess set pieces and other equipment are expensive to replace.
Paulsboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Needed a room on short notice and called Tangiers the fact that they had vacancy should have been my first clue! While the price was a value deal I still feel like I overpaid for what I got. The only nice thing was the location...The room was very dark and outdated. We had an efficiency room. The room where the double bed was was also the access to the bathroom so the two teens with us had to come into the bedroom to use the bathroom. the bathroom had no tissues, few rough towels and no shower head. The hot water was cold the cold water was hot. The overall appearance was outdated and in need of repair. While Arlene and Bruce at the front desk were very nice the hotel needs some love. You can go across the street to the Crusader and for about $60.00 more you can get a MUCH nicer room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family