“Best vacation ever!!”
Review of Bel-Air Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Bel-Air Motel
Ranked #41 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best vacation ever!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My family and I have been staying at the Bel-Air every June for the last 14 years! Steve the owner is great, along with Sandy, who keeps the place sparkling clean! It's location is within walking distance to everything! It is so close to the beach, with great views from our room and balcony. They have a refreshing pool, a ping-pong, and grills with a cabana. We already have our reservations for June 2013!! Can't wait!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Patrice V

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Had a wonderful time at the Bel-Air. They were so accomodating and were ready for us when we arrived. Rooms were spacious and clean, staff was very nice. Cooked out under the cabana, just steps to the beach and boardwalk. Our family will definately return again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank GoNYGiants
maywood, new jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is the first time we've stayed at this motel. It's clean, no bedbugs (or signs of them) and the staff is friendly and helpful. Sandy the housekeeper is great.
This motel is just a short block from the boardwalk and beach entrance. Now, if you're looking for a luxury joint with luxurious amenities, go somewhere else. This place is simple, old-school kitsch. It's dated, but as I said before, it's clean. The pool's also nice. Towels at Wildwood motels are almost always rough like sandpaper, so you may want to bring your own.

I enjoyed my stay there so much, my husband and I canceled our trip to VA in August to return to Bel-Air! This is for you if you want to meet some new people. A lot of people are return visitors for many years, so that's saying something, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Second floor is nice...a couple of the larger efficiencies even have a view of the beach.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank stenochick
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 February 2012

August of 2011 was our first time staying at this motel. It was highly recommended by a good friend (flyinGN) who also has a review here from 2007. I felt honored just to be able to get a room at such a historic motel as this, after spending years looking at it in photos and postcards. And we weren't let down one bit. The double room was way more than I expected, and super clean! Just about everyone staying there were regular repeat customers of the Bel-Air, so that says a lot to me. We shared stories and had some good laughs with other guests who have been coming back for many years. This was our first time staying in the Crest area so we were a little unsure of how we would get around for meals and entertainment etc. But this motel is close to a lot of nice eateries, the beach is a half block away ( some of the rooms actually have an ocean view) and the boardwalk starts just one street over so it's easy to hop on the Tram and ride the boards right into the heart of the amusement area. After spending the first half of my life vacationing in rooming houses, apartments and various motels in the heart of Wildwood, I think we finaly found a place that we would like to visit every summer from now on. Already made our reservations at the Bel-Air for 2012!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north end of the building have a view of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank David N
Mt.Cobb PA
Reviewed 17 November 2011

If your used to staying at posh motels and expect the best in everything, do us all a favor and look elsewhere and not give this gem a bad report. It's one of the last remaining originals in the wildwoods and it needs to be appreciated as such. Arrived about an hour early than stated check in and was wowed that the room was all set to go. I was surprised upon entering the room for the first time that it was a double room with lots of space. The room and stay were accomodating and comfortable until Irene kicked us out! As others have stated, it was extremely clean and the maid spoke english (can't remember her name, but friendly and personable). People staying here were civilized and polite (try finding that in a center city wildwood motel!). Steve, the owner, is a wonderful cool guy. He has his rules, but will work with you if you don't act like a dick. If there is any complaint I could state, it would be the slightly tight parking space widths (don't know how those land yachts from the 50's and 60's fit in there back in the day). Be kind and try to stay within the lines if you stay there. Good location, close to bike rental, beach, and boardwalk. Icing on the cake would be if Steve can get himself a '58 Belair and park it out front!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank thetanvanman
Reviewed 30 July 2011

So I am writing this review from the actual room. I woke up early to catch a stunning sunrise! Anyway, the rooms are outdated, but who comes to the Jersey shore to look at new furniture! We are staying in a standard hotel room with two double beds. It is roomy enough for 2 adults with two young children.. The bathroom is small..stall shower with the cutest square bathtub..again, spotless! Usually I'm afraid to take a shower and when my daughter wants to take a bath I cringe.. Not here... Extremely clean! To me, that's the most important thing at a shore hotel! One block from the beach and walking distance to the boardwalk and tram.

• Stayed July 2011
7 Thank Indigo921
Clifton, NJ
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here the of August 2009. I was surprised by the room we had in person. In the brochure it looked very old. Well, the rooms need to be updated, but for the price we paid, it was not bad at all. All around the rooms, pool and grounds were well maintained. We tried to get a last minute room here last year when our plans to stay at the Blue Plams went south. The Balair was booked.

Read my review on the Blue Plams to find out more.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple