“great clean hotel!!!!”
Review of Bel-Air Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Bel-Air Motel
Ranked #40 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 17 August 2013

this is a great hotel..great location..clean, friendly, quiet, maids were great, pool was clean, nice size rooms, check in and check out was fast and easy. the only bad thing I can say is the wifi was horrible!!!! hopefully I can return soon

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We booked our stay at the Bel-Air Motel largely based on TripAdvisor ratings. It has a charming retro look with a nice pool. However the place is old and dingy. The rooms haven't been updated in MANY years and my wife and I cannot figure out why the ratings on this site are so high. This place is mediocre, at best. We're veterans to Wildwood / Wildwood Crest vacations and we will not be returning to the Bel-Air. High hopes fell flat, unfortunately.

Some of the positives: It's a block from the beach and a block from the beginning of the boardwalk. The pool is standard Wildwood size with a small kiddie section. It's well maintained with a nice little grilling area. It looks like a cozy, retro vacation motel -- and the office people are friendly.

Some of the negatives: The rooms haven't been updated since at least the late 80's. The sheets and bedding were disgusting and our comforter hadn't been washed in a while. There were no clocks in our room (yes, not even an alarm clock)... not that that's all that bad :-) The ice maker costs 25 cents! For the price that we paid, I could have found something much nicer with modern amenities.

All-in-all, we enjoyed our Wildwood trip because of the beach and boardwalk. But we won't be returning to the Bel-Air and I definitely would not recommend to family or friends. In 2012 we stayed at the Blue Palms (owned by Morey's), which was comparable in price and completely renovated inside and out. I can honestly say that I don't completely trust TripAdvisor anymore. Too many people feel that reviews are bogus and I'm inclined to agree with them.

Room Tip: All the rooms appeared to have similar amenities.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Rich B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed at the Belair for the first time this month. It was clean, pool was crystal clear, staff was friendly and the beds were comfortable. Family hotel with no parties or loud people late at the pool. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank barbara s
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Trip-Advisor reviewers were right on about this motel! My family & I booked rooms based on the positive comments we saw on this site. The rooms are VERY clean. The sheets looked & felt brand new, as did the pillows & mattresses. The pool was heated & clean. Outstanding location: 1 block from beach & boardwalk. We took our daughters to the boardwalk & walked about 10-15 minutes to the piers from the motel. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank njwebbs
Reviewed 11 July 2013

There were two requirements that I wanted which was a clean motel and for it to be close to the beach and boardwalk. The Bel Air is the pride of ownership. The motel is very meticulously maintained and Steve and his staff were helpful in answering any questions that I had. The beach and boardwalk is just a block away which makes it very convenient to just leave your room to go there and not worrying about parking your car. The pool was clean and the BBQ that they have on Saturdays is a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank AMSZEG
Reviewed 9 July 2013

First time staying at the belair. Very clean, super friendly staff. Accomodating. Definitely would stay here again. Bonus- the beds are comfy! Pool is very clear and heated. Close to boardwalk and convention Center as well as the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jill r
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Best place to stay, Very clean and reasonable. Location is great. Steve and all his staff are the best. Don't want to say anymore which I could, because I don't want it to fill too fast that I can't get a room LOL

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends