“LCARLOTTA is WRONG, Respectfully.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Commander-By-The-Sea-Motel
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
“LCARLOTTA is WRONG, Respectfully.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

As Lcarlotta stated he is a police officer so my guess is he is a little more paranoid and on-guard regarding his surroundings than the rest of us. And that is fine and understandable. I hope he reads this because this is a sincere,accurate response from a longtime Commander patron.

I have been going here for 10 years. I stay here 5 to 7 times a summer totaling at least 25 days.
I see it all summer long. I would say I have stayed here at least 50 times.

There is nothing creepy about anyone who works here. In fact, they are all so good they could work elsewhere but they choose to stay here. Many have worked here over 15 years.
For many years I came down with my daughter who was 11 when we started coming down. This is the only place I have felt comfortable allowing her to roam free without me. She is now nearly 22 and comes down with friends while I am here. That says something when a 21 year old wants to return to the CREST. The CREST is generally not where the young and hip want to hang out. So it says she feels comfortable here.

I'd rather have sand washed off me then in my bed at night. If anyone finds the fact they spray your feet off an uncomfortable situation then just say something! Or grab the hose and say you'll do it yourself. I am sure that would do the trick. These guys stand UNDER the deck to stay out of the hot sun. Most people are only down a week at a time so imagine what it would be like to be working outdoors in hot humid weather in the sun, ALL summer long. That's why they stand under the deck.Not to be creepy but to get OUT OF THE SUN.

I've stayed all over and yes Ive tried other places but I always come back here. Always!

JUNE 2014 Acquaintances of mine stayed at a crappy North Wildwood motel for a week because it was cheaper!!!!. I wouldn't stay there cause it's old, dingy and junky. I stayed at the Commander and took the 20 minute ride up to see them daily.

I am not the only person happy with this motel. Check the reviews. This is a Happy place where you can enjoy fresh, clean air. Clean rooms, nice staff and feel safe.

I have been down twice already in Summer of 2014 for a total of 8 nights. My next visit is 15- July, 2014. And NO, they did not pay me to write this review or offer any type of compensation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank djwalpa

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Waverly, NY
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have not stayed here this year, but have stayed there previously for a week in the summer for approx 15 years straight. Friendly, clean, great service, always updating to the best of their ability. Nicco is right.......... it's the shore and you are not going to get a Vegas-type resort anywhere. Great location, clean pool....yep, they will wash the sand off your feet for you. To me, that's nice plus it keeps the sand out of their rooms and pool. Family run - we always looked forward to our stay at the Commander (sometimes twice a summer)

Room Tip: The 9 front rooms are smaller and do not have a separate bedroom but WOW, what a view from the priva...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sumbode
NJ
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We just came home from a week long stay at the Commander-by-the-Sea. We invited friends and family down to join us mid week. We all had a wonderful time! This was our first trip back to Wildwood in 10 years and found the Commander to be just as clean, comfortable and friendly as it was 10 years ago. The same family runs the motel and the pride and upkeep is so nice to see. We are looking forward to a return trip next year and would not consider staying anywhere else but the Commander!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sunskipper
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The Commander has always been a "Happy Place" for me. My family started staying at this motel 41 years ago. I had not been there in 9 years, but found it to be just as great as it always was. The same family has owned it for all these years and they make you feel welcome and have a friendly staff to help with everything. The rooms have been updated and are bright and clean. I like the 2 room suites, which have a refrigerater and microwave. If you feel the need to cook, there are also efficiencies available.
The only negative thing I can say about the room is that the airconditioning from the bedroom unit doesn't cool off the living room too good but there are fans in both rooms. And we didn't spend much time sitting in the livingroom.
The location could not be any better, right on the beach. Very convenient to come off the beach for a quick lunch break. There are 2 big sundecks to hang out on and every room has 2 chairs outside their door. I prefer the 3rd floor, but keep in mind, there are 2 flights of steps to walk up.
You won't be disappointed with a stay at the Commander!

Room Tip: Look at their website and pick out the type of room you prefer. You can't go wrong with any of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank diamondday777
Albany, NY
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was my second stay at the Commander. We had a 3rd floor oceanfront efficiency room with a balcony. Lots of greats: location, balcony, views, beach, pool, kitchenette, owners, staff. The only very minor minus I would mention is that the beds are a little too firm, however, they are not cheap beds so that isn't the problem; I just prefer a little softer. The rooms are exceptionally clean and updated as is the property. Very family-oriented and the price is right. I've researched just about all of the properties in the vicinity and this is where you get the most bang for your buck. While its not a "chain" with lots of new and fancy things, it has everything that you need and then some. I highly recommend the Commander and I'll be going back next year.

Room Tip: This property doesn't have elevators so if mobility is an issue, be sure to ask for 1st floor ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DZsmom
Pequannock, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

The place was recommended by a friend because it was clean, great location, and heated pool. Our friend was right on all accounts! Some other reviews are spot on with cleanliness, proximity, and friendliness of the staff, etc. This was a girlfriend get away for the night and was a great choice. Not fancy, but impeccably clean and we loved the pool. I will be back with my family! We really felt like family with the friendliness of the staff. We felt like we were visiting their home with their hospitality!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank CTSJ
New Milford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2013

A relaxing place, it felt like we were part of the family:) We stayed a few days and wish we planned to stay longer:) Its so close to beach, and the shuttle, which staff recommended brought us right to the boards. Its very clean and everything in the room worked perfectly. The efficiency allowed us to snack and save on buying breakfast and lunch! I would go back in a minute:)

Room Tip: I loved the corner efficiency, large deck kept us outside all the time!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family