“Very family oriented and clean place.”

The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort
Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The place is CLEAN, comfortable beds, great layout,
Kept and maintained well. Good size pool. Great place for family. So convenient to the beach boardwalk and restaurants. The family owned restaurant was also great food snd service. We would definitely come back and recommend.
Thanks...Crusader for making our vacation successful.

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have been traveling to Wildwood for about 25 years and this is my first stay at this hotel. Very clean room, updated, clean grounds and the owners/staff are always tidying up. I booked the trip last minute and since this hotel requires a bank check for the deposit and it would not arrive before check-in day, the owner Alan was kind enough to hold the room for me on my word that I would be there by 1pm. I was shocked at his hospitality and old-school style. My kids are older so this might have been our last trip down to Wildwood for a while and the Crusader made the stay very comfortable and memorable.

Room Tip: Since we had to book last minute, we were only able to get a street view and the internet was spotty...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A bad day at the beach is better than a great day at home! Thanks to The Crusader and Wildwood Crest. Our stay was very nice. We had a smooth check-in. Jenna and Allen were very accommodating and friendly and answered any questions we had about our room, the motel, or dining around town (even though we vacation there 4x a summer, it's nice to hear from locals). Pauline, our housekeeping staff, was excellent! Always immacualte when we returned to our room with plenty of towels, soap, etc, etc. The pool was fun and there was plenty of oom for all those guest that decided to partake in pool fun! There is even an enclosed 2.5ft sectioned-off kiddie pool that my 2 year old loved. Great experience, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Meghan G
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just spent one glorious week in Wildwood N.J. at this Hotel. Needless to say that our hosts Jana and Allan were simply the best anywhere down here. Let me explain, first of all they treat you like family upon arrival that is why I bring treats for them upon arrival. The staff is just the very best and I know since my family and I have been coming to the Jersey Shore for the past 30 + years. A little known fact is that the restaurant in the hotel is a "Hidden Gem". Rick who owns the place is not afilliated with the Crusader is one of the best little hidden secrets. If you come down, besides the best breakfast in town, the dinners are fabulous. I had Turkey (which is fresh cut off the breast and homemade stuffing) really homemade along with Broccoli and Red Skin Mashed which I could not finish, gravy was real not jar gravy and cranberry sauce was just the best ever. My husband and daughter had Shrimp Scampi, they said it was the best they ever had anywhere. The next day, I had a turkey triple decker, well what more can I say. When you plan to come down to Wildwood Crest, consider staying at the Crusader since the rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The pool lifeguard Lenny is a great joke teller and there is constant Music playing at the pool. The staff never pressures you to feel uncomfortable when it is time to clean the room. Yes they have rules for Adults and Children while swimming which is 100% reasonable and yes they provide towels at the pool. At the Crusader they have a nice place with tables and chairs to have your lunch while swimming at the pool with a view of the beach and the waves. We have already booked our vacation for next year...Can't wait.

Room Tip: Take any room on the pool level if you want quick access to the pool. The upper rooms have a great v...
1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was our 8th year at the Crusader! It is a clean and family friendly hotel in the Wildwood Crest. We have 3 sons ages 12, 9 & 9. It is perfect for us! I recommend it to anyone traveling with kids.

Room Tip: We prefer the street side rooms so that we do not have the noise from the pool area.
2  Thank MatManTravellers
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family and I have been coming to the Crusader for a few years. We have tried other hotels in the area and nothing compares to the Crusader. We will not go anywhere else. It is clean and well maintained. The staff is fabulous!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosita M
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the Crusader for the 4th of July weekend and had a great time. The staff is very friendly and always cleaning something on the premises. We have 2 kids which means we come with way too many bags. I love that they have carts and an elevator because it really makes that process much easier. The pool has a lifeguard on duty, which gives some added comfort when the kids are swimming. Parking is pretty good too. There are spots around the hotel as well as under the hotel and they aren't super tight like some places I've stayed at. You can walk to the boardwalk but we drive because it is a bit of a walk. The only reason I rated it 4 out of 5 is because I think the rooms are a bit outdated and could use a little makeover. Still not something that would deter me from staying again. Overall, a great place for families!

4  Thank AMac6912