“Worth the Visit!”

Ranked #25 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Wayne, New Jersey
“Worth the Visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

The Crusader brought me back to Wildwood after years of not going…the staff was kind and the cleaning crew amazing—so friendly and my room was spotless which was so refreshing after years of going to the Oceanview Motel which was disgusting (but loved the location and golf for the kids) – the hotel is not as large as some in the area, but to me that was better and much easier to keep an eye on the kids—great if you have young kids-! I would recommend going to their website and actually viewing the rooms—one downfall is that the parking isn’t good since it’s such a small area (big truck won’t fit), but that’s a small sacrifice considering the other good things about this hotel. My kids loved it, didn’t want to leave. Can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank TammyKW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mine Hill, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

hi went to the crusader with my family for 3 nights stay. well first off the place was loaded the parking is awful we have a small car and i would not attempt to sqeese it into the 2 spaces that where available .so you need to get this parking meter pass for a 50 dollar deposit witch we only found out about because we complained about there parking.. then the onstreet parking is next to a baseball field with signs that say we arnt responcible for foul ball damage.ok so the room was clean the beds where good but the room was very small a midget size bathroom with the sink outside of it the efficiancy has a microwave oven and a refrig but no table to eat at and no room for a table. im sure some rooms are bigger in this place i looked in on the beach front ones and they are big but probubly go over 200 a night. . location is good but we found it very loud on street side not recomended .(trucks&alot of punk kids yelling till 3am)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kareokecowboy
Paulsboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

We traveled to Wild wood Crest for two nights without much planning. ( We live about 2 hours away). We are frequent visitors to the Caribbean and to to Myrtle Beach for most of our vacations. This year we needed to get away but wanted to be closer to home. We were looking for a good value but a hotel that was updated and clean. We found both at the Crusader. The room was an ocean view efficiency with a full size refrigerator. The bathroom was spotless with plenty of towels. Beach and pool towels were provided, and the lifeguard on duty attentive. Overall premises were clean convenient coffee shop/luncheonette on premises with excellent coffee. About a 3/4 mile walk to the boardwalk with trolley service available if you rather ride. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank jerzeezgirl4ever
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

My kids and I just came back from our stay at the Crusader and while the other motels we stayed at in the past were decent, they were not in the same league as the Crusader. It is not far from the Boardwalk (a pleasant 5 minute walk), it is facing a beautiful clean beach, it is extremely clean!, and the pool is great (note that the pool is deep, which my family loved, but for those who don't swim, the shallow section is quite small.) We will certainly return.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Love2travel-Mtl
Rockaway, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

My husband and I headed down to the Jersey Shore for a five-day vacation. We love the traditional motels at Wildwood Crest, so we selected The Crusader. We picked it for the waterfront rooms and the kitchenette facilities. The room was quite comfortable and we loved that our room had a private balcony. While the hotel was full with families and small children, we had no child-noise issues. On a side-note, it was nice to see so many parents having quality time with their kids and actually making sure they weren't bothering other guests.

I only have a few *small* suggestions for The Crusader...
First, the efficiencies have the bedroom as the "first room" when you walk in. The blinds do not make the room very dark at night time and are also a bit short, which made me use the bathroom for dressing. I would prefer to seeing light-blocking (and long) curtains instead. This would be most noticeable if you are a light sleeper.
Second, while the hotel has wi-fi, I was unable to get a strong enough signal to connect from my room. I would suggest placing signal boosters on each floor.
Finally, if you have a large truck or SUV, the parking is a bit tight. I would like to see some spaces be made a bit wider for today's vehicles.

As I mentioned, these are very minor overall. I would highly recommend The Crusader!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank alvb
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed at in Wildwood, nj. It was clean and comfy. It wasn't to far away from the attractions, but wasn't to close where you had to hear "watch the tram car please" . Seven block from boardwalk, actually. Good views-could see the fireworks from the sun deck. Friendly staff. You get much better quality for the price then any other hotel I have been too in WW.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank goin_south78
US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

1st I must preface that my husband and I are Carribean Snobs- We have been to the Carribean for several years, before children. Now 3 kids in 2 years, are travel has changed.
We have 20 month twins and a 3 year old. We booked last minute, same day as travel and found the CRUSADER for a great price. We were only going to stay 2 nights, but extended one day. I was pleasantly surprised at the Family Atmosphere of Wildwood Crest. We had a very enjoyable trip.
Things to know for kids-
Small playground up the street by the basket ball court, we found the day we were leaving, wished we knew about it before.
A guy in a fruit van comes around during the day.

Cons-
Big rooms - we had the 1s- which is a living room and bedroom. 2 rooms.
CLEAN- Bathrooms clean. We had a room with a kitchen, dishes, refrig, micr, two burners. The kids ate all their meals in the room, we ate on the run at the boardwalk.
Great location, on beach. But if you have kids prepare for a long beach walk.
Great value and Staff pleasant and helpful.
Pool- kid friendly
Resturant in bottom of hotel -

CONS- if you have small kids be CAREFUL the railings are short and the kids can climb on them. My kids were not allowed on the balcony bc of the railings.
Maid service a little slow.

* If you stay in a beachfront room you may be able to avoid the railing and noise problem.

CONS- can but if have kids request a room away from Ocean Ave, at night, esp on weekend it is LOUD. We turned on the AC to drown out the noise.
Pool closes at 6PM.

We would stay again but only for th price we got - under $200 middle of August is a good deal

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family