“All A's ABSOLUTELY AWESOME & AMAZING”
Review of Imperial 500 Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Imperial 500 Motel
Ranked #13 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The title says it all. I have stayed in alot of places and by far this was the very best place ever!!! I really mean that! From the moment of your first call to the time you leave, it was a very pleasant and amazing experience. This made our whole vacation relaxing. Everyone of the people that ran the Imperial 500 was awesome from the office to the housekeeping and ground workers. Everyone was so very helpful, if you didn't know something, anyone of the them was there to help. I have been going to Wildwood for years and the office staff told me things that would make our trip easier in 5 mins. then I have learned in 20 years. My mom and daughter wanted to go to Atlantic City for a day and catch a show, but the other part of the family didn't. I asked the office for any suggestions on how we could get them to Atlantic City, the owners dropped everything they were working on and made a ton of calls, looked at brochures, gave me directions, found out the times the New Jersey Transit was running to Atlantic City. My goodness who would do that for you, they did!!!! Let me tell you they are very busy people in that office, but they handle it all with grace and never once did you get a look or a noise you were bothering them, they made you feel like you were the only person there. AMAZING The hotel is so clean and everything is so nice. The rooms were spotless, not even a speck of sand, (unless you bring it in) but the housekeeping is there right away to clean it up. AWESOME And what was truly Absolutely awesome and amazing, we left on Saturday morning and the office wasn't opened yet, I gave our room keys to one of the ground workers to give to the office. Our key deposit was in our mailbox first thing Monday morning!!! The deposit almost beat us home, and as you are aware No mail delivery on Sunday. They are right on it and the most organized business I have ever seen, and I might add they do everything by hand, they don't even use a computer, because they want everything visable and don't want to make any mistakes or have a computer shut down. Like I said Absoultely awesome & amazing is what they are!! The next generation is just as good, I had the pleasure of meeting the owners daughter and she is just as helpful and nice as they are and she is learning at a very young age. Which is very encouraging, because then I know that my family and I have found a place for a very long time. Thank You Imperial 500 for everything!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, they all have a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 1JMT
There are newer reviews for Imperial 500 Motel

Reviewed 14 June 2012

My wife & I made a last minute reservation at this motel and we were very pleasantly surprised. The owners were very friendly, the price was about half of what some other motels we tried wanted, and the room was very neat and clean. We're already planning a return trip in September. We recommend this motel very highly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gary G
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was our first visit to this motel. I usually stay in hiltons but based on the reviews here we decided to try it. This place was inexpensive, very clean and quiet. Their pool closes at 7 pm which is great because you do not hear children splashing around when you just want to relax. My children enjoyed their clean, warm pool when it was open. The motel owners are hands on and very friendly. We plan on going back in two weeks!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lyn R
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a little far down the Crest, which is nice because it's quiet, but you may find it a long walk to the Boardwalk. It was clean and very affordable, and it's a standard motel, so it wasn't particularly amazing inside (or very doo-wop-y, like the Carribean).

6  Thank yaytofu
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Our family has been going to WWC for 29 years and we absolutely love the Imperial! The owners are very welcoming and friendly. They are constantly making improvments each season and take meticulous care of the motel. How many other places are able to say the same thing? Other guests are very friendly and while we usually see some of the same guests year after year, we always seem to be meeting another friendly face at the pool or in passing. Location is great... across the street from the beach, park across the street (fun to sit on the sundeck and listen to free Sat night concerts in season), blocks to the boardwalk. There is a game room, shuffleboard, horseshoes, and pool tables for guests to enjoy. There is an elevator which is very convenient. Rooms are nice size and we always get an efficiency since we stay 2 weeks. The grills get a ton of use and again are very well cared for. Not only are my childhood memories of Wildwood vacations, but also of great times at the Imperial 500! Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.

PS While there is not a fitness center oon site, there are Zumba classes in the park across the street and fitness classes at the Crest Pier (a few blocks away). Also bike rentals are very close.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Imperial 500 Motel. The rooms were big and clean and included a fridge. The view was great since there is only a small park across the street (no big hotels blocking the view), so you have a direct ocean view and only a short walk to get to the beach. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The location is great and in walking distance to restaurants and the boardwalk. The hotel has a nice pool, plus shuffleboard, pool tables, and a few other games. We were there before Memorial Day weekend, so the crowds weren't bad and we got a great rate ($69/night). My only complaint is that the walls were a little thin. Anytime, someone walked by our room talking, we could hear them and anytime the furniture banged around in the room next to us, we could hear that too. However, this would not deter me from coming back in the future and I would recommend it to anyone.

4  Thank moonjelly
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Wanted to get away for a long weekend to celebrate our 40th anniversary and booked the Imperial 500 Motel based upon reading its reviews as the #1 rated motel in the Crest. Have not been to Wildwood for over ten years but have fond memories of this beach town. We were pleasantly surprised as this motel is indeed the best kept secret in the Crest. Extemely clean facility and super friendly and helpful owners that have had this business since the 1970's. We had a wonderful time and are already planning a return trip this summer with our two grand daughters.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide great view of the beach and ocean.
4  Thank Jack R