“The condition is excellent for a beach front hotel,”

and 1 more site!
Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort
Ranked #62 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“The condition is excellent for a beach front hotel,”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I had a comfortable room on the 5th floor both elevators worked well. internet was great. Room was clean with a good size and well feachured equipment Kitchen. The location is good. We had Bfast across the street and we had a trolley to take us to the convention center. No Complaints good family spot to bring the Kids.

Room Tip: Ask for beach front and you can watch dolphins all day from you patio!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TimOLim0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2012

we were at this hotel in august 19 to 26.It was wonderfull time there.we loved the beach-it was really close! the location was perfect the staff was really nice to us-especially lester and sists! the room was cleaned on a daily basis. they were always clean. the swimming pool was really cool. the hot tub felt really good.

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We were delightfully surprised with the value of this room. Great prices for 2 room ocean front. Nothing fancy but very clean and family oriented. We were treated very well by everyone. Can't wait to go back next summer. Thank you RH for a great time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue D
Baltimore
Reviewed 20 August 2012

If you are looking for the luxury of the Ritz Carlton, keep moving, but if you are looking for a decent place to stay at the Jersey Shore, than you can be happy here. It is right on the beach with private access. It has a fantastic heated pool. It is what you would expect from a shore motel. Some of the horror stories I read on here had me concerned, but I was relieved to find a very friendly innkeeper who were very helpful with any questions I had. Parking was easy. There were plenty of luggage carts to unload and load the car. The rooms were clean, not glamorous, but clean. We had a roadside room, with a private balcony that gave us a great view of the ocean. When we wanted to rent bikes for a morning ride, we were pleasantly surprised to find the bike trail started the next street up and there was a very nice rental shop right there. we rented a surrey and road all the way to the end of the boardwalk and back. great workout. I am always cautious when I read bad reviews, particularly when they are as scathing as some of the 1 star reviews I read here. AS I thought, those people obviously had other issues going on than the ammenities. Had a great stay at the Royal Hawaiian!

Room Tip: higher floors offer a better view of the boardwalk.
4 Thank dan C
Nazareth, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My 4 year old son and I just got back from staying at this location. Overall it wasn't such a bad place. From where we stayed, our private balcony faced the street and the hotel across the street, yet we had a nice beach view. It sits right on the beach and the walk to the ocean was just a few minutes through the sand. The boardwalk is just a few minutes away via car, so it really is a nice family spot.

The rooms were clean-ish... stains on the couch, stains on the chairs, but this is to be expected at a tourist spot where people are in and out. I took one of the sheets off the bed and covered the couch, and used lysol wipes on the chairs and most everything was out of site or came up. I always bring cleaning supplies with me when I travel, not only because rooms are usually dirty, but because I have a 4 year old with food allergies so I have to cook and clean. The tub was a mess... but with a little elbow grease I was comfortable with my son taking a bath.

When we first got there, the back burner on the stove wasn't working and the phones weren't working, I walked down to the front desk and they had someone in the room within 10 minutes. Very helpful service!!

The pool was a nice little retreat from the sand and salt water.

Reading previous reviews I brought a bottle of febreeze, worked wonders!! Not that the room initially smelled bad, had a tiny odor, but if you plan on cooking, it does help with the lingering smells.

If you or your family memebers have environmental allergies, I suggest bringing an air cleaner, my son has food and environmental allergies, and the rooms were very stuffy and who knows when the filters for the air conditioning had been changed, they looked really black from what I could see. He woke up and stayed congested the entire weekend despite taking his allegra.

I would suggest it if you don't mind cleaning a little.

1 Thank Jodi J
Endwell, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2012

As we arrived on june 28th early morning we were early , we were no expecting to get into our room cause it was 9 am but they got it ready by noon, which was great when we got into the room i noticed a newer updated room it was very nice and very clean, we were meeting my entire family on this trip so everyone was staying there we had a total of 5 rooms , the pool side room that i had was great short walk to the pool and beach, there was familys only, no young teenagers parting which was nice the property was kept very nice, we ended up staying another night cause we were having a great time and we didnt have to change rooms at all , which i thought the man was so nice to do that for us, i dont understand why people put bad reviews for this place i think these people are amazing and they have to deal with all sorts of people i would highly recommend this place for familys or anyone i hope my review helps thanks D guerin

Room Tip: we had a room poolside it was close to the pool and beach
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank watsonmom
New York
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was our first stay at the Royal Hawaiian, and we had the type B room, poolside. Although we were first floor, we still had a quiet room. The kitchenette and bathroom were clean, as was our whole room. The kids slept great in their private bedroom with the two double beds. My only small complaint was the duo bed was a bit hard. Other than that, we stepped out of our room, had a beautiful spa in front of us, and large heated pool. Their own private little board walk to the beach was great too. This is a fun, family hotel, with a cute snack/variety shop on the 2nd floor, and lounging area/tiled patio on the 3rd floor. We look forward to coming back, thanks for a great weekend Royal Hawaiian!