“Still keeps us coming back”

and 1 more site!
Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort
Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just spent another fabulous week at the Royal Hawaiian. This time I brought family with me and we had 3 rooms-2-I and 1-G. Everything was wonderful!! Yes the hotel is a little outdated-or as I prefer-retro, but I assure you our rooms were very clean. As I usually do when checking into a room I grab my tub of Lysol wipes and go at every surface I can. I can tell you even the bathrooms floors were spotless-not one speck of dirt on any wipe was to be found. Very impressive for a hotel located right on the beach!! Our maid Candy was fabulous and she completely spoiled us daily with tons of fresh clean towels, scrubbing the floors and shower, and vacuuming. This is an extra perk I love that a rental property doesn't come with (I am the maid at that point and not very much of a vacation!) The little kitchenette is stocked with all the utensils you need, fridge was the perfect size for our family of 5 to make breakfast and lunches with daily. The pool was heated and glorious. The beach is just steps from the hotel and spectacular in itself. Lester is very nice and accommodating. He worked with me to get my family all ont he same floor location and even helped me plan when to come based on specials. He even allowed all of us to add the night of the 4th without hesitation of breaking up a coveted holiday weekend. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. Since I drive 12 hours for my vacation-I am definitely pleased! I know I will be back yet again!! Thank you for reading!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank JRZgirlOHboy
royalhawaiian, General Manager at Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2015

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

There are newer reviews for Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Have stayed here as a child and now as a near 30's adult. It is still one of the better hotels in the Wildwoods. All rooms are essentially oceanfront with the great view on your balcony. Although there are 3 rooms on each floor that are true oceanfront, I don't think they are necessary, any room has a great ocean view. The pool is definitely one of the best and their jacuzzi which wasn't there back in the day is in my opinion the best in the Wildwoods. This place is great for couples or families with kids. It isn't a 5 star hotel but if you want a classic, practical hotel in a great section of Wildwood Crest you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mirwin31

Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Royal Hawaiian is my favorite hotel in the Wildwoods. A clean, friendly, excellently run hotel adjacent to an excellent section of the beach in Wildwood Crest, it has everything you need for a great beach vacation.

Firstly, and in my opinion most importantly, it has perhaps the largest pool of any hotel on the island. A long pool with an island in the middle, it ranges from 2 feet to 11 feet, with a substantial (2 ft. deep) walled off but attached kiddie section, and a separate hot tub area. Check out the pool area on Google satellite view.

There are two propane grills and a handful of picnic tables for public use, a bicycle rack, sun deck, a game room, laundry room and a snack bar that serves breakfast and lunch, and also sells a full range of pool and sand toys, suntan lotions, and other sundries. There is on site parking so that every room has one parking space (unassigned), and the four or five largest (2 bedroom) suites have assigned tandem parking spaces, so the occupants of those units can bring two cars with them.

I stayed here two years ago, and came back again this past week. I will be back again next summer. I recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SmithDouglasJ

Thank you for your comments and are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I can't say enough great things about our stay at the Royal Hawaiian in Wildwood Crest. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of our room and the whole hotel. The maid staff were always very pleasant to us and always made sure that our room was clean and had everything that we needed. The pool and hot tub was just gorgeous!! The pool was a nice size to accommodate enough people and heated. The staff (Lester and family) were always in the office and always had a smile on their face and answered any questions or concerns that you had. I definitely would suggest though that if you do want to vacation at the Royal Hawaiian, you should call early enough because being that it is a very nice hotel and very affordable it can fill up quickly and you might not get the exact room you want; but the hotel staff will do whatever they can to accommodate you.

We had such a great time that we're going back!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have stayed here several times before and its ok! They do charge a 5% convenience charge for using a credit card etc, which I really didn't care for, so beware of that because I didn't notice the little sign til after I paid and they never said anything. The pool is nice and the hot tub and there is a view of the ocean! They have some parking underneath the hotel and they couldnt tell us how tall it was and the man and woman kind of contradicted each other. And the day we were checking out it was like 10 minutes 10 and we were watching tv and getting ready to leave and saw a lady peaking into the window of the room and then a few minutes later a guy practically did the same thing...believe it was the maid etc but still didn't like that and you have to return the key to the front office so they should know if were still in our rooms or not and not peek inside of the window which i found to be weird..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank h0ckeygirl36

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us we will look into your concerns.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed May 18-20,2013 which was a chilly weekend, so did not even go to the beach, This is a nicely kept retro hotel, good view of the ocean, with a pool (too cold this weekend) and a "hot tub" which was a nice alternative. It's not really a hot tub, it's like a kiddie pool you walk into via a ramp, with a little waterfall you can sit under. Unusual and charming, with room for at least 15-20 people (but it was just us two when we went). They have a game room and other facilities we didn't use. The desk folks were a little off, didn't seem too pleased to serve. They weren't mean or anything, just kind of matter of fact and marginally helpful. (recommended Yellow Cab which was a rip-off at $22 for a 4 mile ride to N Wildwood, picking up 2 other passengers on the way!?!)

Room was in good condition, had a small fridge, decent shower, a little table with chairs by the bay window, flat screen - all very comfortable basic amenities. There was no filter for the coffee maker, and the room could be staffed with better cups - a few plastic utensils even would have been nice.

I would go again though, if the rates did not climb so high in the summer weekends, but that;s true everywhere I suppose.

Roof deck was not open; snack bar was not open - Fitness room was a small room with a few treadmills, and not open. Oh, and the cool round room at the top center that is the centerpiece of the hotel is apparently a private residence. This was most disappointing, as that feature is perhaps the most interesting part of the place, and would make a great restaurant or even a top-rented suite.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pivoted to have a view of the ocean, but perhaps not so good on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bjc2150

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

My family and I have stayed this motel several times. I love the family atmosphere. Most of The room has been upgraded with flat screen tv. The rooms are roomy and the staff Les , Sis and Peggy are awesome. I start working on this trip in January and have booked up to 30 rooms. I'm constantly communicating with Les via telephone and email and he is always very pleasant. This year the weather sucked the children still wanted to utilize the pool they staff was nice enough to heat the pool up. They added an extra grill this year giving them a total of 4 grills on the premise. Morey's pier is a nice walk away but stop at the few parks on the way.

Room Tip: I'd you would like to over look the pool pick the B room a little more pricey but well worth it...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Katrina S

Thank you for your review we are glad you enjoy your stay.