Rather than pointing out any specific incidents with the motel, I would like to point out some of the things in general that I experienced and thought of on a positive/negative scale...
(1)The hotel is old, maybe built in the late sixties and it shows (not in a good way)
(2) The hotel is severely mismanaged which the OWNER needs to address to ASAP
(3) There aren't any cameras for surveillance of safety which apparently they are in desperate need of from the type of crowd this motel attracts
(4) Parking is a major issue there. The spots are WAY too close together
(5) Wi-Fi is $12 a day...WOW!!!
(6) They do NOT have a "cafe"...what they have is a gift shop that sells coffee and bagels/doughnuts/muffins along with typical gift shop stuff(t-shirts,sunblock,ect.)BUT ONLY OFFERED DURING MORNING HOURS
(7) This is not a non-smoking motel
(8) The location of this establishment is ALL the way far into the Crest...one of the farthest...even past the Port Royal!
(9) The showers' water pressure is terrible
(10) The game room is nasty and dirty. The ping pong "table" is a home made one(lol) made from a small piece of press board? Never seen anything like that
(11) The exercise room is a joke...more like a storage closet complete with dust and exercise equiptment
(1) The pool area is very unique and inviting(for a motel). It has 3 separate swimming areas. These consist of a large spa (although not jetted) with small waterfall, shallow children's area, and the largest area has a faux palm tree island and rock waterfall by the 11 foot deep end. This must have recently been redone because it does NOT reflect the older age of the rest of the motel. I can tell that any money that had been spent on this motel has clearly been spent in the pool area. The contractor did a nice job and it must have cost a fortune. My kids loved the pool...thank you for that!
(2) The "cafe" has the best coffee in town...no joke
(3) The rooms were clean-ish...I mean, they smelled like they had cleaned the room with bleach before we got there and bleach smells "clean".
(4) The showers' water was wicked hot, and did not run out of it even after 3 showers.
(5) They must have recently purchased new dressers and kitchen tables which were cheap in quality, but nicer than old crusty ones.
(6) The price we paid was competetive to others in the Crest.
(7) There is a kids "playroom"...kinda cute and a nice surprise
Okay, all above said...This motel is in all fairness (in my opinion at least) very typical & unfortunately of what Wildwood in general offers...one star motels. Only a few motels are closer to a 3 star rating & nice enough for a weeks stay. Those book up quickly, and cost a little more (yet offer more). The Royal Hawaiian wasn't bad for a 2 nights stay. I did however, point out 11 negatives vs. 7 positives...only you can decide what type of vacation you are looking for.
The main reason I cannot reccommend this establishment is simply because I strongly feel that if a guest has ANY issue, the staff is not capable of hangdling it in an effective & hospitable manner. This horrendous woman that works there that you keep hearing about in the reviews that may or may not be a manager does exist. She apparently refuses to give out her name...strange. My recent stay was in particular unscathed, yet I beleive this to be a stroke of luck. The crowd that this motel attracts are not one of high standards. Besides, the rooms are just borderline acceptable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Motel