“Not a 5 star motel but Clean and Great people”
Review of Singapore Motel

Singapore Motel
Ranked #63 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not a 5 star motel but Clean and Great people”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is not for those of you looking for luxury. We wanted a room by the beach with a heated pool, two beds, fridge and cooking appliances.

Pros: VERY CLEAN, most comfortable bed I slept in and pillows where great. Staff was very nice and willing to do anything to help us. HEATED pool, 2nd floor room with a GREAT view of the ocean and semi private.

cons or things to remember: there was a coffee pot, bring your own coffee; No little store or restaurant or even coffee (but a block away there is a restaurant that charges $2 for even the smallest drink). Cook top only, with two working burners. Fridge needed help, but manager promised to replace it after we left since I was okay with my duct tape solution (lol). Bring dish detergent, dish towel and dish cloth.

Take note you are only 5 blocks or so from the boardwalk where you can get sunscreen and anything else you forgot. We asked the guys on the beach and they where clueless. So we drove to a riteaid...found out on the last day we could have walked or rented a bike to the boardwalk for everything, except groceries.

overall a wonderful vacation at the beach for my little family. we will be back.

Room Tip: Speak to the staff, call ahead or email and be specific. I suggest DO NOT ask for first floor, no v...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you, for your review. See you next year.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Point Pleasant, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have been vacationing in Wildwood Crest since the mid 70's, first as a child with my Parents up thru to my teens. Over those years my Parents and my brothers & me were treated by Vinny the Silver Beach Motel owner as family. Unfortunately as is the case stated by other reviewers here (The Silver Beach Motel) as with other older style Motels ,was sold to & torn down by Condo developers.
After staying at a few Larger Hotels over the years....My Wife and I have found The Singapore Motel fit like a favorite pair of jeans!!!!
Let me say one think about what I witnessed & learned growing up over the many years watching Vinny at the Silver Beach Motel. He put his sweat and blood into his Motel. From early morning through late night....''He'' was either seeing to the needs of his guests or ensuring that the Motel was properly maintained.
Well Marco and His Family reminded me of just that type of Family style Motel ownership. They personally asked if everything in the room was OK.In personally saw them sweeping up areas that need attention or seeing to the trash compactor. Someone was ALWAYS around whether you needed an extra couple of towels or whatever. The room was clean, had a Vizio LCD Flatscreen HDTV with full cable. Direct access to the Beach or a sparkling clear beautifully heated pool that wad open even later than the posted 10 pm time which was AWESOME!!!
As for some of the bad reviews....I don't understand what the problems were except that they may have been isolated incidents. I can tell you one thing....a dirty room was probably made dirty by the previous inconsiderate "SLOBS'' who stayed before. I personally saw one of the Singapore Owner/family members reprimand a young couple who left the room in such a mess that it took the maid nearly 2 hrs to clean it.
Check out time is usually 10 am....Marco during conversation offered to us the night before that We can take our time checking out and stay as late as we wanted. TRY GETTING THAT AT THE ROYAL HAWAIIAN, PANORAMA OR PORT ROYAL HOTELS!! I will be back to stay at The Singapore Motel!! Thank you Marco & Family!!!

Room Tip: There are three floors. All have Ocean views...There are also Oceanfront Rooms available. We liked s...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you so much and hope to see you again.
jackson nj
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed here for four days and had a great time. We found the staff to be welcoming and the room was clean. I really enjoyed the pool being clean and warm , you are allowed to swim late which is good for us we usually get in late the first night. As with any older classic wildwood motel things become worn but I found the owners and staff to be on top of it. Pat was very nice she even let us upgrade or room to ocean front for a very minimal fee. We are looking foward to going back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your response, hope to see you again.
Rego Park, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I had a very great first impression of Singapore Motel to begin with, starting the reservation. I spoke with this lady Nikki , and I asked her to give me an oceanfront view room, I really didn't think anything of it , because I had a very bad experience with big hotels in AC from the previous year , so I had no higher expectations of what this motel will do for me.
To my surprise just speaking to Pat before we got there, she was very friendly, though I was still skeptical, we got there and both Pat and Marco were genuinely nice and accomodating.
The room that I pointed out was available to us and perfect , because my kids aren't really feeling to go outside that day but I wanted to sunbathe, while my 2 kids were playing video games in the room with their PSP, I was just a couple feet away from them and we're all enjoying the view. The most lasting impression that Pat had , that genuine smile and really people person, is what would make me go back and refer this place to friends and family!!!
The bathroom curtains could use changing , but other than that the linens are clean and beds comfortable!

Room Tip: the corner room is very quiet in every floor I assume because the bedroom is hidden so no windows, t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
singaporemotelnj, Front Office Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for your response. Yes, we do the best we can and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.
Chappaqua, NY
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We just got back from three nights at Singapore motel and need to share this review. The rooms are a little run down, however the beds were comfortable the pool and barbaque area were very good. The staff was very accomodating and for the price it was great value. Our room was a bit on the small side but had a private bedroom. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for your response. Hope to see you next year.
Branchburg, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Yes, I read the other reviews, but as is my nature, I did not pay attention to them. I wanted to see for myself and I can honestly say I didn't see any of what was reported about. Pat and Marco were so nice, friendly and accomodating. The pool was crystal clear, the rooms were fine and the cleaning staff was friendly as well. I can say I have stayed all around the world and what I paid for this beach front resort was a true bargin. I am not sure how my experience was so much differenent, but maybe I don't go expecting a Four Seasons room at a Hotel 6 price? We had 2 rooms - 2 adults, 1 teenager and 3 kids, we all had a great time without a care in the world and we will definately be back. I loved sitting at the pool and being able to see and hear the ocean, best of both worlds in my book. I spoke to all the hotel guests at the pool that I could and no one had an issue, everyone was as pleased as we were.

Thank you Pat and Marco - see you soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms were fine, some on higher levels faced the beach, but honestly I thought they were all...
1 Thank Christine C
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you so much. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I've been to a lot of motels in my time but this has by far been the only one I had to dedicate my time writing a review for! It was absolutely horrible! For one, the website is completely different from what the motel is like. The price are made up on the spot depending on who you talk to on the phone. I talked to a man and he said $119 for a room but I called back later and a women said it was $160 and "it was impossible for a man to pick to up the phone." When I got there, there was no parking, a dog in the room next to mine (when no pets are allowed), and most importantly, the service was trash. Every time I asked for something, the women threatened me so I checked out and she had the nerve to throw something at me. Nevertheless, pay a little more because you can ask anyone whose been there, it's the worst motel in wildwood.

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Vitkb
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
I apologize for whatever has happened to you while at the Singapore.
Prices do change from room to room or week day stay to weekend for the same room.
Also our price do vary from the beginning of the summer to the end of September.
If anyone spoke to you improperly I apologize for the whole staff.

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels