“Very Accommodating”

Ranked #64 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Accommodating”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was my first stay at the Singapore. The owner Pat was very accommodating from the very start. My friend and I arrved early and they had the room ready for us and allowed us to check in early. After check out she said I could still utilize the pool and use a room if i needed to change or use the restroom since i am 8 months pregnant. Its nice to stay at a hotel on the beach with a heated pool. I looked at many hotels on the beach and this was the least expensive per night. I would stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank atir1323
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you very much.
Will see you next summer.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

THIEVES!
After booking and then having to cancel due to a family emergency, I called Singapore Motel to cancel within an hour. They told because my booking was already past their "2 week in advance" cancellation policy they can only refund half. Really? I spoke with a man named "mike" and he told me I should be more concerned about my family emergency rather than getting my money back.

Fast forward a week later. The motel calls me at 11PM to tell me I am a no-show for my booking. I tell them that I already canceled with them a week prior. The lady on the phone says she will investigate and "research" it. I then get an email saying I am a no show, (after canceling mind you) and that I will no be charged anything. I take a look on my credit card statement and the crooks charge me $209 AGAIN.

Bottom line, DO NOT give this pitiful excuse for a business any of your credit card information because they will abuse it and charge you as they please. This place is unorganized, rude, and dishonest.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Steve N

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Thumbs up: pool. Beach proximity. Thombs down: privacy. Rooms equipments and Wi-Fi always on-off. Too expensive for what it is. Meet some good new friends bit at the same time other strange neightbors

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you. Yes, this summer we have had problems with our new WI FI system especially the service from comcast. I apologize.
Dumont, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Nice people, clean rooms, right on the beach, reasonable rates. The mattresses in the rooms seemed to be brand new. Pat was very sweet and treated us like we were family. I would not hesitate to go back. If you are a snob and can afford $300-$400 a night ....go for it. I found this place to be just great!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deane C
Thank you so much and we hope to see you again.
Sussex, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2013

When our now adult children were young we vacationed twice a year at the Singapore. We always booked a 2 bedroom efficiency which was a great convience. This was our favorite family oriented vacation place for well over 10 years. My spouse and I recently returned for several nights at the shore. We were pleased to see that some improvements had been made to the facility and that the owners and most staff members were as friendly as ever. We were realistic in our expectations but disappointed that some basic maintenance issues were not addressed...hole in the bathroom door, mold on the main room ceiling, only 1 light bulb in the 2 light bathroom fixture, a hole and mold in the inside base of the kitchen cabinet , etc. Flies in the room were also a major annoyance!! We were given a ground level 2 bedroom efficiency the room was adequately cleaned but the second bedroom had an overwhelming musty/moldy smell (this is where you'd normally hang your clothes....the odor was so bad, we chose not to put our clothes in the room and kept them in our suitcase). The musty/mold problem may not be so much of an issue if you stay in a room on the second or third floor as they may not be as damp as the ground level. Despite this, we had a nice trip down memory lane...enjoyed the beach and boardwalk, etc. and if we had young children and wanted a place for a short getaway in Wildwood Crest we'd probably return but would definitely request to stay in a upper floor room.

Room Tip: Upper floors may not be as damp and musty as ground floor rooms.