Pan American Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Park Lane Resort(Wildwood Crest)
View Hotel
Sea Scape Inn(Wildwood Crest)
View Hotel
Attache Resort Motel(Wildwood Crest)
Gondolier Motel(Wildwood Crest)
View Hotel
The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort(Wildwood Crest)
View Hotel
American Safari Motel(Wildwood Crest)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitjim kellynext yearattached restaurantbunk bedsocean frontpool areathe entire staffthe penthouseon site restaurantwonderful hotelthe entire hotelyear after yearfourth flooroff seasonbike rentalspackage deal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have been going to the wildwoods since 1986, both with my children from a very young age, to their children and also as a recently divorced man. I have stayed in many many of the hotels in the Wildwoods, North, the Crest and everywhere in between. This is by far the best ever. A few years ago I started dating and wanted to return to the Wildwoods, but with a new start and new traditions. I called the Pan American and spoke to the most courteous and understanding woman, Tanya. I explained the situation to her and she handled the rest, that was in 2011 and I haven't stayed anywhere else since . My job keeps me very busy in the summer so I take advantage of the Pan American's packages. They are the best and really give you a great value. The room that Tanya booked was fantastic, great view, very very nice accommodations including a very comfortable queen bed, great modern spacious bath, very a-typical of Wildwood hotels that I have stayed at. The linens were brilliant white, very soft comforter, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, safe, microware, oven, standard refrigerator, it had everything, Tanya really helped me impress my girlfriend. The televisions were great, flat screens, large, and they worked, if you are into watching TV. Don't really know about the wireless because I was on vacation and didn't really care about using the internet. If I wanted a review or a somewhere new to eat, Tanya and Jim gave us some great suggestions. I cannot say enough good things about Tanya and Jim. This is not to say that the rest of the staff wasn't nice, quite the opposite really, everyone was very courteous and extremely helpful and ready to assist. The grounds were well kept, pool was very clean and heated. There is an attached restaurant that I can honestly say I never had a bad meal at, the breakfasts and lunches were awesome. Ample portions and also a courteous staff. Overall I cannot say enough good things about the Pan American and its staff, and yes you can find hotels with less expensive rates but there is a difference; i.e. you get what you pay for. My girlfriend and I are night owls so we really loved the kureg and cookies always out in the lobby in the evenings, a very nice touch. We even stopped in to see them on one of our day trips to visit my children. If you stay here, you will not be disappointed, except if you cant get a room. I personally cannot wait until October

Room Tip: I would suggest the efficiency or the deluxe efficiency on the street side. Street side is a little more private and the views are just as nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
JimKellyMgr, General Manager at Pan American Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so delighted and pleased to know that you were taken care of from the moment you made your first call to the end of your last stay with us.

It is truly our pleasure to exceed guest expectations. We are so happy to know that our high standards in all areas made you and your Girlfriend very happy. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to not only our Pan Am Staff but to our Restaurant, Alsosi's Bistro.

Thank you again for your very insightful and kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Take Care & Safe Travels

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We have been to Wildwood Crest 4 times in the past 8 years and it was an average stay. On the positive side, the air conditioning in the room works great, it is close proximity to the boardwalk and the staff is very helpful, with the exception of 1 older gentleman that works the desk, who answers most questions with short unhelpful responses.

On the negative side, there were bugs flying around in our room when we got there, the beds were uncomfortable, the tv selections were very poor, no access to CNN or any other news network for those of us that want to stay connected. Also, the wireless connection to the internet is somewhat limited to 1 or 2 devices per room. We luckily brought our own verizon hot spot.

Also, there is no real control of the guests that use the pool area to change and leave dirty diapers.

Overall, not a bad stay, but far from the best that Wildwood Crest can offer.

Room Tip: Balcony view, away from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We have been staying here since the 1970s, this time 15 people in three units. Even though the Pan Am is marking its 50th anniversary, it is one of the best places to stay because the Morey Corporation reinvests substantially in its properties and because the hotel was far ahead of its time when constructed in 1963. There is always something new in your suite -- if it has not been completely redone. Excellent bedding and linens. Conscientious, no-nonsense staff. Guests arrive in a beautifully appointed lobby with a wonderful view of the pool and decks and the ocean dunes just beyond. The boardwalk with Morey's three amusement piers begins several blocks north. The owners have considerable clout as well as foresight, so there's no other property jamming up against theirs. A baseball field is on one side and basketball courts and a playground on the other, with streets in-between. Many guests are part of multi-generational families who return year after year. The only downside is that the hotel is fully booked all summer long, and some guests aren't as careful as they should be with the furnishings. A crew of three is continually making repairs or touching up. A well-rated restaurant is just off the lobby. So this is still a great place to stay in Wildwood Crest -- if you can get a reservation.

Room Tip: Every room is good but the ocean-view suites are the most desirable, especially above the first floor. Start early to get a reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
JimKellyMgr, General Manager at Pan American Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such an insightful and wonderful review. I am so pleased to know that you and your family have been staying with us since the 1970's. That is one of the highest honors we can receive. Our Pan Am Team works hard at excelling in customer service, from the Front Desk to Housekeeping to our skilled Maintenance department.

Our location is unique as you have a sweeping view of the ocean and beach no matter what room you are in. We are conveniently located a few blocks from the boardwalk and just on the other side of the playground is the Fishing Pier and bike rentals.

Thank you again for your review and staying at a Morey Hospitality Property!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Everything about the Pan American exceeded our expectations! Front desk worked so hard to get us a last minute reservation. We had to switch rooms but even that was handled with superior customer service allowing us to keep our first room until our second was ready! Every area of the hotel is spotless, and it is the most family friendly hotel in the Crest! This is our new favorite place to stay! Can't wait for next year!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jazzymama3

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so delighted to hear that all areas of the Pan American have exceeded your expectations. We do try to make our room move/changes as smooth as possible for our guests. I will pass along your kind comments to out entire Team. Thank you again for the time you have taken to post this review.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again next year!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was our second year at the Pan American Hotel. We were so pleased last year that we booked for this year before even leaving. Once again we were very pleased with the hotel. The hotel is decorated in a very classy retro-airline type style, fitting in perfectly with the Doo-Wop style of the Wildwoods and doing so with class. The entire hotel is immaculate and probably the cleanest hotel I have stayed at in Wildwood.

The rooms are modern and no matter where your room is you will have a great view from your balcony. The hotel is located within a short walk from the boardwalk but far away from all the noise of the boardwalk. Unlike many hotels that use sand-paper rough towels, the Pan American has soft towels that are much more forgiving on slightly tender skin that has been baking on the beach all day.

I saw the manager in the lobby and at the adjacent restaurant (Alosi's Bistro....also great) talking and laughing with guests constantly, he seems like a great guy. Greg at the front desk personally took care of an issue with our in-room safe within minutes of us telling him we had a problem and we had him re-book us for next year because once again we had a wonderful stay at the Pan American! Thank you Jim, Greg, and the rest of the wonderful staff!

Room Tip: -The north side rooms face a public basketball court. Sitting on your balcony can be either entertaining or annoying depending about how you feel about basketball. The north side has the better view of the Crest fishing pier and the boardwalk rides in the distance though. These rooms have double paned glass and you can't hear the basketball inside your room. -The south side rooms face the pool and get more sun. Like the north side rooms you get a great view of the beach and bike path.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
JimKellyMgr, General Manager at Pan American Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your great review. We are so pleased to hear that this is your second year with us. We hope that you will make the Pan Am your "Home away from home" as so many of our guests have done.
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words about our Team and the Hotel. I will surly pass them along. All of the Team here is pleased to provide you with all you need for an exceptional vacation experience.
We look forward to giving you another warm welcome next year!

Best wishes and safe travels.